Upcoming Star Trek: Picard (Season 3) [Paramount+]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK

picard.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the first episode was pretty interesting. I'm very curious where it goes from here.
What did you guys think?

Just watched the second episode, it was good, things are starting to fit into place more or less. I feel like this story has really grasped me because before I even knew it was already over. I also feel that this is panning out more like a movie than anything else, definitely not episodic so to speak. Looking forward to the next episode. :)

Just watched the second episode, it was good, things are starting to fit into place more or less. I feel like this story has really grasped me because before I even knew it was already over. I also feel that this is panning out more like a movie than anything else, definitely not episodic so to speak. Looking forward to the next episode. :)

Just finished watching it too. It for sure is taking its time (which is fine) but I hope things start progressing soon.
This episode for sure ended feeling like there should have been more. I want more!

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Just finished watching it too. It for sure is taking its time (which is fine) but I hope things start progressing soon.
This episode for sure ended feeling like there should have been more. I want more!
Well last episode we learned about Dahj, and this episode we've been filled in on her twin Soji as well as Raffi and we haven't even begun to learn all the characters yet so my guess is that next episode we'll learn who the crew of this expedition will be. It looks as though we're going to get 10 episodes with this season, I sure wish it could have been 26 like The Next Generation was. :hungry:

So caught up with Picard last night and finally watching episode 9, episode 10 dropped, so I got to the end. I really enjoyed this apart from one thing..

I would have been satisfied if Picard had stayed dead and not turned into Andy Serkis, er I mean a Golem construct - though the Season 2 announcement probably gave that away :rofl:

@kaw What were your thoughts overall?

So caught up with Picard last night and finally watching episode 9, episode 10 dropped, so I got to the end. I really enjoyed this apart from one thing..

I would have been satisfied if Picard had stayed dead and not turned into Andy Serkis, er I mean a Golem construct - though the Season 2 announcement probably gave that away :rofl:

@kaw What were your thoughts overall?

I thought this was a great season and would have made an even better limited series. I completely agree with you that this could have been a solid ending (with those tweaks).

But that being said, We are getting a season two and I'm going to look forward to it as well.
I hope some of the "guest stars" become full time cast members next time around... And maybe less Raffi (I found her a bit annoying) haha.
I just wonder where we go from here.

Reactions: GeoRattray
Thought this show was far better than I had expected. Given the negativity around this earlier I had lowered my expectations but loved how this connected with TNG and more of a continuation of past shows.
On viewing this first season it reminded me of TNG last episode "All Good Things" with Future Picard on his last mission.
Some points that stood out for me...
- loved TNG guest stars and their involvement in this show, hope to see more of this in future episodes.
- Seven Of Nine - a real surprise for me and the involvement of the Borg. Was sad to see how Icheb's ended.
- Brent Spiner's involvement in the show was great and Data's story a nice tie-in from where Nemesis left off.
- Ep.7 with Deanna Troi and Will Riker was def. a fan favourite
- Loved how Riker comes to Picard's aid just as he did in "All Good Things" at the end :thumbs:, though I thought it was abit of a missed opportunity to not see the Federation and Romulan fleets slug it out.
- Not too sure how I feel about how things end with Picard, feels like a cheap/lazy work around
- Picard's crew is a big departure from the usual Federation crew we've seen in the past and they come with some serious baggage. Felt this caused some episodes to drag because of this - hope future episodes don't fall foul of this.
- Use of swearing and f-bombs not what we're use to in the Star Trek Universe so this is certainly some getting use to