Star Trek: The Motion Picture - The Director's Edition - The Complete Adventure (4K + Blu-ray Collector's Edition) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 5, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £59.99
Notes: This 5-disc set includes the new Director’s Edition, the theatrical cut, and a special longer cut all on 4K Ultra HD along with the newly remastered director’s cut on Blu-ray, the previously released theatrical cut on Blu-ray and special features on Blu-ray The set is presented in deluxe packaging along with exclusive collectibles, including reproductions of original promotional material, a booklet with behind-the-scenes images, stickers, and more

816S0n+rRxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
The U.S.S. Enterprise boldly debuted on the big screen with the cast of the original STAR TREK series, including William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, George Takei, Nichelle Nichols, Walter Koenig, and James Doohan. When an unidentified alien intruder destroys three powerful Klingon cruisers, Captain James T. Kirk returns to the helm of a newly transformed U.S.S. Enterprise to take command.

This 5-disc set includes the new Director’s Edition, the theatrical cut, and a special longer cut all on 4K Ultra HD along with the newly remastered director’s cut on Blu-ray™, the previously released theatrical cut on Blu-ray™ and special features on Blu-ray™. The set is presented in deluxe packaging along with exclusive collectibles, including reproductions of original promotional material, a booklet with behind-the-scenes images, stickers, and more.

4K Ultra HD™ Disc bonus features:

• Audio Commentary with David C. Fein, Mike Matessino, and Daren R. Dochterman—NEW!
  • Audio Commentary by Robert Wise, Douglas Trumbull, John Dykstra, Jerry Goldsmith, and Stephen Collins
  • Text Commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda
Blu-ray Disc bonus features:

• The Human Adventure—An all-new 8-part documentary detailing how the Director’s Edition came to life—NEW!
  • Preparing the Future – How the remastering began
  • A Wise Choice – The storied history of Robert Wise
  • Refitting the Enterprise – How the Enterprise design shaped future federation starships
  • Sounding Off – Exploring new dimensions of sound in Dolby Atmos
  • V’ger - The conception and restoration of an iconic alien antagonist
  • Return to Tomorrow – Reaching an already high bar with new CGI effects
  • A Grand Theme – Behind the iconic, influential music score that shaped the franchise’s future
  • The Grand Vision – The legacy and evolving reputation of this classic movie
  • Deleted Scenes—NEW!
  • Effects Tests—NEW!
  • Costume Tests—NEW!
  • Computer Display Graphics—NEW!
  • Additional legacy bonus content

This Limited-Edition Collector’s Set includes all of the above, plus an additional 4K Ultra HD disc containing:

• The Theatrical Cut
  • The first-ever widescreen presentation of the Special Longer Version of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, originally created for broadcast television in 1983

Last edited:
Reactions: ddeahl
Would like to have edition with new 4K director's edition and bonus disk. Do not need other stuff ...

Would like to have edition with new 4K director's edition and bonus disk. Do not need other stuff ...
If you don't want the 5 disc collector's edition

There is also a standard amaray releases with slipcover
4K+ Blu-ray and Blu-ray editions

A 3-disc set includes the Director's Cut on 4K Ultra-HD and Blu-ray and also includes a bonus Blu-ray™ disc filled with new and legacy special features.
Star Trek Amaray.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Space Cadet
Note:
The first-ever widescreen presentation of the Special Longer Version of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, originally created for broadcast television in 1983

This is exclusive to the Complete Adventure Collector's Edition

Note:
The first-ever widescreen presentation of the Special Longer Version of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, originally created for broadcast television in 1983

This is exclusive to the Complete Adventure Collector's Edition

Do not do that !

Would like to know the running times of the editions ...

@Space Cadet that USA 4K box set of the ST movies states that ST2:Wrath of Khan includes Directors Cut
@C.C. 95 @Space Cadet
I think lollard means he hopes Wrath of Khan get's a silmilar collector's edition like this one as in packaging etc

He knows the existing Blu-ray and UHD releases of Wrath of Khan has both Theatrical Cut and Directors Cut

Reactions: Space Cadet
Amazon UK live but UK delivery address only at the moment

Before or after release should be available for delivery address outside UK
Out of interest,, Tried and can see it, but wouldn't let me send to UK address - even tried again with a VPN - no go

Out of interest,, Tried and can see it, but wouldn't let me send to UK address - even tried again with a VPN - no go
It's live for UK delivery address and delivery address outside UK
Post#14

Amazon go by your delivery address in deciding if you can do an order not your IP address so a VPN would not have any affect

It's live for UK delivery address and delivery address outside UK

Amazon go by your delivery address not your IP address so a VPN would not have any affect
yes - that's what I was saying, UK delivery address doesn't work. When changed for the account setting and as delivery address.
Not bothered at this point - just information.

EDIT > but now - can delivery to DE - strange - must have been adjusting settings as I was experimenting.

yes - that's what I was saying, UK delivery address doesn't work. When changed for the account setting and as delivery address.
Not bothered at this point - just information.
UK delivery address does work as does delivery address outside UK

You don't use a VPN to decide delivery address in regards to Amazon websites for orders it has nothing to do with your router or computer IP address
Ability to do an order is decided by your actual home delivery address

It was live for a UK delivery address before 16.00 today
Other countries delivery address option was available before 19.45

Amazon product

Screenshot (13).png

I done a pre order 20min ago with a Republic of Ireland delivery address

Last edited:
UK delivery address does work as does delivery address outside UK

You don't use a VPN to decide delivery address in regards to Amazon websites for orders has nothing to do with your ip address

Amazon product

View attachment 536418

I done a pre order 20min ago with a Republic of Ireland delivery address

It's all working now, every where - earlier, tried a Manchester address and it didn't work (at the next step, when you actually try to order).

EDIT > actually no, DE is fine, but my UK address is not - strange....
Capture.JPG

Amazon go by your delivery address in deciding if you can do an order not your IP address so a VPN would not have any affect
As I said, was just experimenting to check.

Last edited: