Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: July 27, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 7 at 9 AM for Red Carpet - 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

12564552-5234766288707596.jpg
12564552-1334766288642730.jpg12564552-3574766288581926.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If they have increased print run maybe they should think about binning all though Empire steelbooks and using proceeds to redo it with matching artwork.

rather than an increased print run, i think in the first pre-order phase scalpers were trying to bulk order without knowing zavvi implemented a 2copies/each limit...and hence their copies got cancelled... for empire they probably found a different way to trick the system...

Reactions: Shark and DMD4k
Now that Zavvi has forgotten to mark this as "sold out" and are overselling it like crazy I wish they would just get to shipping them already.

Trolls 3D payment was taken yesterday and has already shipped. Payment for these were taken on Monday.

Welp, one time I don't check the forums in a couple days and they all come back in stock. At least I got this one since its still In Stock.

:LOL: yeah magically turns out to 13500 :) I don´t believe these are only 3500 it would be soldout in minutes.....
OK, possibly 4,000 printed with 3,500 released now and 500 kept back for damaged returns and the possible few hundred left over to be released at some point in the future.

I saw the Zavvi email from 12 hours ago and headed over to the Zavvi site to check them out. I never heard of these before tonight. The theatrical art was enough to get me to order my first Star Wars, but I'm not sure after being reminded that this is not the theatrical cut. Hmmm. It's still 95% the original movie. I'll probably feel better once it goes out of stock again. At least I'll have a nice steelbook to put the theatrical cut in someday. It's the same rationale for buying the Goodfellas blu-ray steelbook from BB back in the day, but that was only $10 and this is $40.

I saw the Zavvi email from 12 hours ago and headed over to the Zavvi site to check them out. I never heard of these before tonight. The theatrical art was enough to get me to order my first Star Wars, but I'm not sure after being reminded that this is not the theatrical cut. Hmmm. It's still 95% the original movie. I'll probably feel better once it goes out of stock again. At least I'll have a nice steelbook to put the theatrical cut in someday. It's the same rationale for buying the Goodfellas blu-ray steelbook from BB back in the day, but that was only $10 and this is $40.
I think there's a project that has 4K versions of the original movie. I saw some clips on youtube.
Personally I want something between that and what's likely on the new disks, but this may scratch your itch until Disney decides to release a 4K version of the original version (hopefully with all the squares around the tie-fighters removed)