Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: July 27, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 7 at 9 AM for Red Carpet - 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

12564552-5234766288707596.jpg
12564552-1334766288642730.jpg12564552-3574766288581926.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for posting that! I would have pointlessly waited another 4 days like they told me to. Instead, did the live chat today and got a replacement sent out. Zavvi to their credit are really good at responding quickly, but the inconsistency with the responses is maddening.

I've done the same, has your account/order been updated/reflected to show your replacement? Nothing in mine despite asking about this, not had to do this before with Zavvi so don't know what they are like for this.

Reactions: Kinggoose
Nothing has changed from just looking at my order. I've had replacements twice before from Zavvi, and both times there was no communication about it outside of the intial. and they both just turned up a couple of weeks after me sending the things back. The chap I spoke to today just told me to expect an email when it was dispatched.

Reactions: davetherave
I've done the same, has your account/order been updated/reflected to show your replacement? Nothing in mine despite asking about this, not had to do this before with Zavvi so don't know what they are like for this.

The one time I got a replacement, a few months ago, I received the usual dispatched email but nothing reflected in the account itself.

we have the same problem as you :-(
do you have ordered the steelbook alone for full price or with T-Shirt????
i ordered it with t-shirt and normaly the package where marked with EUR 25,00!
just the steelbook.
the problem is, zavvi write down the true value on the package.

I was really excited for this release, but it arrived today and honestly, I find it underwhelming. I think I'm going to bow out of this series and wait for the lenticular wave, or whatever Best Buy does. Too much money for a steel that seems a little bland in person.

There is no 4k lenti wave coming. Apparently no more 4k catalogue disney titles for physical media so these are the last 4k star wars steels ever

There is no 4k lenti wave coming. Apparently no more 4k catalogue disney titles for physical media so these are the last 4k star wars steels ever
Star Wars and Marvel back catalogue films will still be getting physical discs DVD/Blu-ray/4K UHD releases
Those films are not affected

Star Wars will still have many re-releases on Physical Disc Format in various countries.

From that article:

"In essence, my sources said, beyond new release theatrical titles, animated fare from Disney and Pixar, or Star Wars and Marvel-related projects, there were no plans at the studio going forward to release titles on physical 4K Ultra HD—future releases would be 4K Digital only."

So, more SW steelbooks are a possibility. Maybe especially if they can't sell out of the Skywalker Saga 4K set, and they want to repackage the discs in a year or two?