Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: July 27, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 7 at 9 AM for Red Carpet - 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

12564552-5234766288707596.jpg
12564552-1334766288642730.jpg12564552-3574766288581926.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First one never arrived, and finally received the replacement in the post today aaaaand spine slash... clearly visible even with the plastic on. I honestly can't believe how badly they have dealt with these releases.

So is the spine slash under the shrink wrap or sliced through the shrink wrap as well?

Zavvi says they have “No updates” for what actions they can take to refund or replace my damaged copy of Star Wars. They told me to keep checking back with their customer service team until they are told what they are able to offer.

@paulboland has this ever happened before? In all my interactions with Zavvi in the past, they’ve never told me this before.

Reactions: MrSquifler
Zavvi says they have “No updates” for what actions they can take to refund or replace my damaged copy of Star Wars. They told me to keep checking back with their customer service team until they are told what they are able to offer.

@paulboland has this ever happened before? In all my interactions with Zavvi in the past, they’ve never told me this before.
If its a steelbook you received damaged and you contacted the retailer you are entitled to a refund or replacement when the retailer acknowledge item you received is damaged.

If no replacement available you are entitled to a full refund on return of damaged goods.

If a retailer says they wating on replacement stock you have the choice to reject that option and get a full refund instead

Reactions: MM3
I didn't think anything of it, but it was under the plastic wrapping. Baffled how that even happens.
Steelbooks are not shrink wrapped when shipped to distributors from Scanavo.

Spine slash can easily happen when box of stock is opened by staff at distributor location as in before discs are put inside and jcard is added and shrink wrapped.

Steelbooks that have spine slash on shrink wrapping itself that happens when retailers open box of stock they received from suppliers/distributors

Steelbooks are not shrink wrapped when shipped to distributors from Scanavo.

Spine slash can easily happen when box of stock is opened by staff at distributor location as in before discs are put inside and jcard is added and shrink wrapped.

Steelbooks that have spine slash on shrink wrapping itself that happens when retailers open box of stock they received from suppliers/distributors

Yep. That's why I say there should be a sheet of cardboard over the steelbooks inside the shipping boxes every step of the way.

From Scanavo to the distributor (Disney in this case) to the retailer (Zavvi in this case).

So easy. Such a simple fix.

If its a steelbook you received damaged and you contacted the retailer you are entitled to a refund or replacement when the retailer acknowledge item you received is damaged.

If no replacement available you are entitled to a full refund on return of damaged goods.

If a retailer says they wating on replacement stock you have the choice to reject that option and get a full refund instead

Seems to be that someone is going to have to get a talking to at Scanavo for a bad pass at QC...

Attachments

• BD380749-0BC8-433F-8355-4098B0FFC7A6.jpeg
    BD380749-0BC8-433F-8355-4098B0FFC7A6.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 382
For UK orders its 14 days from dispatch.
Orders shipped from UK
14 working days from dispatch applies to customers based in UK
A lot of customers aka HDN members are not from the UK ;)
Will depend on location of the customer delivery address
UK 14 days
EU 21 days
Rest of world 30 days

Some countries have different waiting times and will be mentioned when you contact the retailer

Working days Mon - Fri you don't count Sat/Sun

Zavvi provide an estimated delivery date in dispatch email
When that date passes you contact the retailer if you not yet got delivery so it's at least on record you have contacted the retailer even if you are told to wait a few more days

Due to Covid-19 delivery times can be lot longer than usual

Reactions: FN-2187
Orders shipped from UK
14 working days from dispatch applies to customers based in UK
A lot of customers aka HDN members are not from the UK ;)
Will depend on location of the customer delivery address
UK 14 days
EU 21 days
Rest of world 30 days

Some countries have different waiting times and will be mentioned when you contact the retailer

Working days Mon - Fri you don't count Sat/Sun

Zavvi provide an estimated delivery date in dispatch email
When that date passes you contact the retailer if you not yet got delivery so it's at least on record you have contacted the retailer even if you are told to wait a few more days

Due to Covid-19 delivery times can be lot longer than usual

I know I was just pointing out why I have a replacement already.

Havent received this yet so fired off a message to zavvi and hoping they can send another. I actually received V and VI and this was mailed a week before V and now 1 week since I got that one.