Amazon.ca
Best Buy

04a.jpg

04b.jpg 04c.jpg

Part of the Star Wars collection: I, II, III, IV, V, VI
image-jpg.179984

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nexor and Drum18
They don't say ''exclusive'' so i'm guessing amazon, archambault and HMV will have it ! And i'm sure they will put them on sale soon :D
I knew Canada would follow suit. But I can already picture this going on sale. What do you think? $12.99 or $13.99? :naughty::thumbs:

12.99$ ! Yes please, i would also like a star wars sheld like harry potter :rofl: But since its not exclusive, we'll never get one. I just want episode 7, 8 and 9 with matching artwork

$(KGrHqR,!nkE63U,fw+DBO66fs6OU!~~60_35.JPG
I doubt it. If they made matching art then you'd only buy 7, 8, and 9. They wouldn't be able to resell these 6 steels to you again :censored::cautious:

Thanks for the great pictures:notworthy::thumbs:
Are the gloss with debossed titles?

Also, do you or anyone know if these are Region A locked?

I thought about getting them from Canada but just had a look at your j card and saw the big A on it
Yup, wonderful Gloss (not over-the-top as it's not such a fingerprint magnet) and yes debossed title.

For the coding Region, YES, it does say Region A, but not tested on other region player. It seems like the same discs as the 2011 Star Wars: The Complete Saga that were Region Free...

Speaking of the 2011 Star Wars: The Complete Saga, the MAJOR difference with this 6 steelbooks set is that in the previous edition, there was an additionnal 3 discs of Bonus Feature that ain't present this time. So, I'll keep my original set for viewing and this set for the steels for the "one day arrival" of the original untouched trilogy ;)

Reactions: chunk
Yup, wonderful Gloss (not over-the-top as it's not such a fingerprint magnet) and yes debossed title.

For the coding Region, YES, it does say Region A, but not tested on other region player. It seems like the same discs as the 2011 Star Wars: The Complete Saga that were Region Free...

Speaking of the 2011 Star Wars: The Complete Saga, the MAJOR difference with this 6 steelbooks set is that in the previous edition, there was an additionnal 3 discs of Bonus Feature that ain't present this time. So, I'll keep my original set for viewing and this set for the steels for the "one day arrival" of the original untouched trilogy ;)
oh that is a brilliant idea! I wish those would arrive sooner rather that later!
I wish that they would have used the back art for the front. Would have been so much nicer!

Reactions: Drum18

Awesome! Many thanks for the info @Drum18 :notworthy::thumbs:
Looks like I might get these after all with that price :)

It's a shame that steelbooks don't always come with the bonus content that already available, seems tight not to put all the discs in:confused:

Star Wars A New Hope/The Empire Strikes Back/ Return Of The Jedi
Cost of steelbooks with shipping to Ireland

Amazon Canada

3 Steelbooks €57.96 with standard shipping with no option to pay imports fees
If caught by customs they would bill for VAT import Duty by customs = €13.33 + An Post fee €7.00
Total €78.29
If i avoided customs cost is €57.96

If I used Expedited International Shipping it costs €70.30 with no option to pay import fees
If caught by customs they would bill me VAT Duty of €16.16 + €7.00 An Post Fee =€23.16
Total €93.46
If I avoided customs cost is €70.30

Amazon USA
If I ordered the same 3 steelbooks from Amazon USA with standard shipping its €54.43 no option to pay import import fees
If caught by Customs they would bill me for €12.51 + An Post Fee €7.00 = €19.51
Total €73.94
If I avoided Customs cost is €54.43

If I ordered the same 3 steelbooks from Amazon USA with Expedited International Shipping and that includes the Import VAT Duty Fee
VAT duty is included in the price
Total Cost €72.28

Amazon UK

The same 3 steelbooks with free shipping is €90.46

Amazon Canada might be cheaper but when you add their shipping Expedited International Shipping costs and no option to pay import fees it lot more expensive than if ordering from Amazon USA or Amazon UK if you get hit with customs and postal fees

Standard Shipping with VAT Duty
Amazon Canada with Customs VAT = €78.29
Amazon USA with Customs Vat = €73.94
Amazon UK includes VAT= €90.46

Expedited International Shipping

Amazon Canada with Customs Vat €93.46
Amazon USA includes Customs VAT Fees €72.28
Free Shipping Amazon UK
Amazon UK €90.46

If the price on Amazon USA is still the same for next 2-4 weeks I will be getting from Amazon USA €72.28 with Expedited International Shipping unless Amazon UK drop the price a lot in next few weeks

Last edited: