Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 6 Votes
Title: Star Wars: Episode IX

Genre: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, War

Director: J.J. Abrams

Cast: Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Mark Hamill, Joonas Suotamo, Kelly Marie Tran, Domhnall Gleeson, Naomi Ackie, Keri Russell, Richard E. Grant, Dominic Monaghan, Matt Smith, Lupita Nyong'o, Dave Chapman, Brian Herring, Anthony Daniels, Jimmy Vee, Billie Lourd, Greg Grunberg

Release: 2019-12-18

Plot: The next installment in the franchise and the conclusion of the “Star Wars“ sequel trilogy as well as the “Skywalker Saga“.

Hands up if you would be ok with Abrams or Johnson directing it? ...or both? at the same time? lol

lBcP5q6.gif
I 100% with you on that! Rumour has it that Johnson may direct now, but I'd definitely be up for him forming a tag team with Abrams.

Just read the news, shame because I was up for seeing him make a Star Wars but I'd be happy if JJ returned

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and Noodles

J.J. Abrams, who launched a new era of Star Wars with The Force Awakens in 2015, is returning to complete the sequel trilogy as writer and director of Star Wars: Episode IX. Abrams will co-write the film with Chris Terrio. Star Wars: Episode IX will be produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Michelle Rejwan, Abrams, Bad Robot, and Lucasfilm.

“With The Force Awakens, J.J. delivered everything we could have possibly hoped for, and I am so excited that he is coming back to close out this trilogy,” said Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy.

J.J. Abrams, who launched a new era of Star Wars with The Force Awakens in 2015, is returning to complete the sequel trilogy as writer and director of Star Wars: Episode IX. Abrams will co-write the film with Chris Terrio. Star Wars: Episode IX will be produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Michelle Rejwan, Abrams, Bad Robot, and Lucasfilm.

“With The Force Awakens, J.J. delivered everything we could have possibly hoped for, and I am so excited that he is coming back to close out this trilogy,” said Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy.

Thought he probably would, but excellent news that it's been confirmed!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and kaw
Release Date Changed to what it should have always been:

Old: May 24, 2019
NEW: DEC 20, 2019

Make Star Wars A Christmas Tradition!!!

Yeah it's what I expected since they pushed back Episode VII ^^ Of course VIII would be pushed back, and of course Episode IX too. So no big surprises there ^^

Release Date Changed to what it should have always been:

Old: May 24, 2019
NEW: DEC 20, 2019

Make Star Wars A Christmas Tradition!!!

Although it would've been nice to get it earlier, it's become tradition for my dad to treat me to seeing Star Wars at the cinema for my birthday (December 18), so I'm glad we'll be able to keep that going now. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and kaw
Although it would've been nice to get it earlier, it's become tradition for my dad to treat me to seeing Star Wars at the cinema for my birthday (December 18), so I'm glad we'll be able to keep that going now. :)

OH nice! My bday is Dec 14th! we're pretty close!

I like it that Star Wars is a December thing. Makes that whole time of the year more exciting!

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
I like it that Star Wars is a December thing. Makes that whole time of the year more exciting!
Well said!
It's a "new" tradition and honestly, it couldn't be better! Just "too bad" that Solo is still scheduled for a May release since we'll now have 1½ year between Solo and IX and only 6 months between XIII and Solo...

Noodles told me earlier and it's great news that JJ is coming back for the final and also great news the release has pushed back to Christmas. I also like the Christmas tradition and it's cool present for 6 years in a row (well 5 due to the last solo film rd).

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and kaw
JJ comments on why he decided to return for episode 9.

“I had no intention to return. But when the opportunity presented itself to finish a story that we had begun with these new characters, to tell the last chapter of their story, it felt like there was a chance to do it in a way where we could go beyond, and do better than we did in Seven.”

“I learned so much in that movie and I saw that this was a chance to sort of realize something that we hadn’t quite achieved – and part of that was it was simply the beginning of these new characters and their story. The opportunity to sort of take what we had learned, to take the feeling of who these characters are and what they are and give them a final chapter that felt in the spirit of what we begun? It was too delicious of an opportunity to pass up.”

Reactions: Noodles