Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Any lingering trace of regret for passing on this series because they were the 'special' editions has disappeared.

Ok.

I'm officially ok for not getting the first one. Easy pass for this series.

LOL.

Good luck for scalpers ... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
idk actually.. this might be a case where nobody but scalpers buy it and then after realizing that its still the by far best set for their favourite movie series, ppl will eventually panic buy on ebay for major $_$

Reactions: Stygian
I ordered the first steelbook and I'm still on the fence about this.
Who knows if and when there'll be a new steelbook series with the original posters plus the Gone with the Wind art for Empire.
In fact,Star Wars has long history with "one and done" releases on home media,like the original theatrical versions, or essential extras that have never been ported on news sets,like the Empire of Dreams documentary or the deleted scenes for the prequels.
Don't forget that the Clone Wars series is also OOP at this time,and who knows when there'll be a new set again.
There has to be a reason though why Zavvi did this,maybe a rights issue?

I ordered the first steelbook and I'm still on the fence about this.
Who knows if and when there'll be a new steelbook series with the original posters plus the Gone with the Wind art for Empire.
In fact,Star Wars has long history with "one and done" releases on home media,like the original theatrical versions, or essential extras that have never been ported on news sets,like the Empire of Dreams documentary or the deleted scenes for the prequels.
Don't forget that the Clone Wars series is also OOP at this time,and who knows when there'll be a new set again.
There has to be a reason though why Zavvi did this,maybe a rights issue?
The artwork choice is Disney
Zavvi don't do any artwork design on any steelbooks
Zavvi just sell what's offered to them by the film studio distributors with some been exclusive and some are trade wide.

Zavvi has sometimes given suggestions of existing artwork on some releases they asked film studio if they could do as a steelbook but they dont do any artwork design.

All decisions on releases artwork is done by the film studio/distributor
The film studio do the artwork design.

This is a Disney release that been offered as a exclusive to Zavvi in the UK
Disney would have made the decision to do the 4K steelbooks releases and a later date will do 4K Amaray UK releases.

Last edited:
Would it be possible for people to just chill out about this steelbook? If you like it, buy it. If you don't like it, either buy it or don't buy it. This steelbook is not proof that the world or anyone in it hates you.

• Haha
Reactions: MM3 and Leafs17
I think I'm gonna pre-order on the off chance that they alter the artwork down the line (which is unlikely I know). If they don't, I'll gladly cancel my pre-orders for both and go for the new blu ray set which is the price of two of the steels and has all 9 movies. They're bound to do more steelbooks when the original cuts get released anyway. I understand why they're getting massive backlash over this as It's such an easily avoidable mistake and people are tired of it. They expect you to pay premium for a double dip that a 10 year old would have been able to select better art for. Not doing it this time, nobody else should either. Vote with your wallets and hopefully they will take notice.