Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, if Best Buy were to have the preferred art then people outside of North America would no doubt be pissed and have to rely on more expensive Group Buys or eBay.

My comment was a reply to Basil asking if people would be pissed if Best Buy used the preferred art.

Why would people be pissed if best Buy did? People could cancel their Zavvi order(s) and then order Best Buy's steelbooks if they were announced before Zavvi's release date.

People in North America will cancel their orders with Zavvi if Best Buy releases these even if the art is the same.
Valid point. Guess we'll have to wait and see what may or may not be down the line.

Reactions: Stygian
See, I can't even use that excuse... I don't have a 4K setup, and even if I did, I recently bought the newly released 4K box set anyway. I was purely buying these for the artwork, since the original posters for Star Wars is where my appreciation for poster art first started. I've placed an order for this along with ANH, but not sure whether I'll keep them now, especially as money is short, so need to be super selective and only buy things I genuinely love.
Same here, as I bought the 4K boxset when it came out, so will most likely just stick with that. Like you, it was only the artwork for ANH that prompted me to pre-order it. I may even just keep the pre-order for that one and not bother with the rest. I'll decide nearer release date.

Reactions: Noodles
Zavvi claim they can request and influence art. Even it it is too late for this release, they could do an alternative version as an empty steelbook case. This has been done before for games:

Zavvi claim they can request and influence art. Even it it is too late for this release, they could do an alternative version as an empty steelbook case. This has been done before for games:
Oh, they won’t...

Theyve sold out, they don’t care about grievances put forward by you, i or countless others, and would rather ignore all the backlash.

There'll be a lot of cancellations though if the design doesn't change.....
The design is very unlikely to be changed
If release date is summer time the steelbooks most likely already been manufactured.

Scanavo would expect payment for those steelbooks made

The only way Disney would consider doing a new steelbook design is if production was not done yet on the steelbook with Vader design

There will be some cancellations but not as many as some think there will be

This was always going to sell out even with the design as it is

Why would people be pissed if best Buy did? People could cancel their Zavvi order(s) and then order Best Buy's steelbooks if they were announced before Zavvi's release date.

I'll still keep one to frankenstein if they use the same inside art in the US and the spines match, but there's bound to be some number of other combo breakers in the series.

Reactions: Stygian
The design is very unlikely to be changed
If release date is summer time the steelbooks most likely already been manufactured.

Scanavo would expect payment for those steelbooks made

The only way Disney would consider doing a new steelbook design is if production was not done yet on the steelbook with Vader design

There will be some cancellations but not as many as some think there will be

This was always going to sell out even with the design as it is
true! besides they do this for the masses not for us collectors, we are a very small part of their business, in the end this will sell............

Reactions: paulboland
Anyone that buys steelbooks is a collector... regular joes buy amarays or just stream content these days
Anyone that purchase physical media releases is a collector with a lot now using streaming instead

Steelbooks are very popular it's why film studios have done lot's of steelbook re-releases in multiple countries

Reactions: a_o
Anyone that purchase physical media releases is a collector with a lot now using streaming instead

Steelbooks are very popular it's why film studios have done lot's of steelbook re-releases in multiple countries
anyone here an old time steelbook collector like me? From way back in prehistoric times of DVD steelbooks. I remember on eBay there might be 10 or 15 steelbooks up for auction...now 10’s of thousands! It once took me almost a year to hunt down a DVD steelbook of Downfall... and cost me about $100.00...still have that along with the Blu-ray steelbook. Just insane how the popularity has grow...we’re in the golden age of steelbooks.

I collect a wide range of physical media releases be it a Blu-ray/DVD's/Vinyl Records/Books and other items.

All physical media those who purchase are collectors

Steelbooks are very popular and good they are as if they was not you would not see the wide choice of releases

A lot purchase steelbooks simply as they like the packaging design
There are some Blu-ray amaray releases with slipcover and limited edition slipbox releases that are also purchased a lot and sell out even faster than steelbooks

so I got orders in for Ep. IV and Ep. VI
Stupidly, I missed the pre-order last week for Ep V. Do these usually go up again at some point before release?

so I got orders in for Ep. IV and Ep. VI
Stupidly, I missed the pre-order last week for Ep V. Do these usually go up again at some point before release?
To be honest I think you got the two best looking of the three. These will be back in stock once Zavvi consolidate their stock ordering system around the release date. Keep an eye open on this thread for annocements of when that will happen. They certainly won't be around for long.

Reactions: stupidsuck