Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This one looks awful, and that's being nice.

Endgame and Cap Marvel have set the bar regarding Zavvi releases. If you ever get that quality again then you're onto a winner.

Honestly don't mind the steelbook tbh... just annoying it hasn't got the theatrical poster art we all hoped for, as it's obviously gonna stand out like a sore thumb among the others.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Mine's got the exact same scratches... was gonna request a replacement, but guess there's no point if it's a widespread issue.
Got one of my two today, and yes, the exact same marks as everybody else, it's clear as mud that every one of these has the same issue...:mad: The marks aren't that easy to see, unless in some kind of direct light, but a double disapointment in many respects. I think we're just going to have to live with it, or return for refund. I doubt replacements will be any different...(n)

Got one of my two today, and yes, the exact same marks as everybody else, it's clear as mud that every one of these has the same issue...:mad: The marks aren't that easy to see, unless in some kind of direct light, but a double disapointment in many respects. I think we're just going to have to live with it, or return for refund. I doubt replacements will be any different...(n)
Think I'm gonna try for the 10% refund that they usually offer. If they genuinely cared about their customers, then once they're aware of the issue they should offer part refunds for everyone anyway IMO.

Just had my two delivered (one for a mate) and no scratches on either.
20200803_114254.jpg

With those multiple horizontal scratches on my copy looks like a major manufacturing defect . . . definite reprint needed . . . Entertainment Store's JACK REACHER - which had a minor single vertical line as its manufacturing defect - was reprinted.
Sh!t quality control . . . maybe the dispatch section of the warehouse is staffed either by robots or zombies.

On the other hand maybe they've gone for the distressed poster look with fold lines as seen also on those marvel recent Marvel steels ...
1596452489139.png
1596452858032.png

... but I think not.

Last edited: