Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking a little long on that warehouse team getting back to them...
Also that must mean they still have these in stock sitting in the warehouse

Just got mine, same crap as everyone else. So frustrating. I assume there won't be a reprint?

I would suggest complaining via their customer services, the more complaints the more pressure to resolve the issue?

I haven’t even been offered a poxy partial refund yet... just been left hanging.

Reactions: MrSquifler
So what seems to be the best option? Return for a refund, take a partial refund or wait it out and hope for a reprint :confused: what's everyone else doing?

So what seems to be the best option? Return for a refund, take a partial refund or wait it out and hope for a reprint :confused: what's everyone else doing?
Definitely wouldn't take a partial refund. I'm hopeful that there'll be a reprint as speaking to them through Twitter they've said that they're talking with the suppliers so I think something will be done as this seems to be an error on pretty much every one of these steels

Reactions: crib79
The damage is not scratches on the actual steelbook, it is a scratch , mark on the template. As I have opened mine and there is no physical indentation, sonic that's the case then there are a lot if not all are effected

For starters I’m going to wait for a reply from Zavvi.... their initial “checking with the warehouse” reply wreaked of headless chicken syndrome. Mine’s also dented (under the j-card) and they haven’t even offered a return/refund yet?...

Reactions: crib79
The steelbook art is an utter shambles. How it got greenlighted is beyond comprehension. Thankfully we can hide it with magnetic covers!

For anyone unsure what to do, I'd suggest giving Zavvi a bit more time to sort this out, but keep up gentle pressure. Just had this reply over Twitter:

"In regards to knowing about the issue as soon as this became clear to us (this was only recently), we have taken it upon ourselves to contact our supplier to get to the bottom as to what has happened. Honestly, we realise how many of our customers are collectors (just like ourselves) and we are doing all we can to investigate this. We are waiting on a reply from our supplier however I assure you the moment we know we can then personally let everyone know the best way to help sort this. We can't discuss other cases, however, I understand how this must be frustrating where some people may have been offered things. We aren't able to offer a partial refund or a replacement for the moment until we know for sure that this won't arrive damaged again, as I can imagine this is the last thing anyone is going to want. If you don't want to wait I completely understand and on this occasion what we can do is have this returned back to us for a refund. What would you like to do?"

that's why they ship items in a jiify bag :rolleyes:
Well Zavvi, it appears you be a hippocratic to understand a hippocrit, but as the @TheCollector86 rightly points out, none of us would ever send out any steebooks in jiffy bags? Gotta have that protection :D
Well I try and speak for everyone, I won't defend you Ninja's if your standards are subpar :naughty:

the most annoying is Zavvi does not offer the same refund to their customers ... some got 15% refund, and some got 50% ....
If Zavvi offer a 50% refund, it could means there will be no reprint (just my opinion).