Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another site has the percentage of scratched vs. unscratched as about 82% vs. 18% ...

View attachment 481215

... and was wondering if a poll taken in this place would yield the same result or as near as dammit.
All of the steelbooks have the scratch marks
Some customers simply not noticed due to been kept sealed or not looked at steelbook tilted in right light conditions

In a room with low light you can easily miss the scratch marks

Too much colour on the magnet. It doesn't go well with the back. I prefer the SteelBook with just Vader.
That's honestly the only thing putting me off getting the fan made magnet... I've got the original one-sheet on my wall and the colours aren't that vibrant. Not to say the custom magnet isn't great though... I'm just a perfectionist. :p

I sent them pics. They offered 30% refund. I countered 50%. Was very surprised they agreed. No hassle at all really.

Now I had 2 copies and one of them the shrink-wrap had a huge hole on the front too.....
I shall try that method then.

I haven't heard back from them yet, the last email I got was them saying they were sorry for the delay in replying and they would get back when they knew more information.

• Informative
Reactions: CleverLoginName
With and without the controversial cover magnet :p Admittedly, the magnet is a little too vibrant for my liking too, it would have worked better had it be toned down a bit to be fully in-keeping with the others. Although, I'm still happy with it overall for £11 posted as it covers the art I'm not particularly fond of (to put it mildly) along with the defects it also came with (n) I obviously hope to recoup back some of those £11 once zavvi CS pull their finger out :rolleyes::yawn:

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200810153508625_COVER_wm.jpg

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200810152737830_COVER_2_wm.jpg
00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200810153055922_COVER_wm.jpg

With and without the controversial cover magnet :p Admittedly, the magnet is a little too vibrant for my liking too, it would have worked better had it be toned down a bit to be fully in-keeping with the others. Although, I'm still happy with it overall for £11 posted as it covers the art I'm not particularly fond of (to put it mildly) along with the defects it also came with (n) I obviously hope to recoup back some of those £11 once zavvi CS pull their finger out :rolleyes::yawn:

View attachment 481299

I defo prefer it without a magnet. It´s so unrealistic colorful, doesn´t fit the movie at all. Even though, without the magnet it looks like it´s a movie just about Darth Vader, I still prefer it much more, these three are more smooth together and looks great. Can´t wait to rewatch ep. VI when it´s here :drool::oohyeah::coffee:

Yesterday it was ep. 5 time, love it, love this scene :drool::drool::drool:

...but you are not Jedi yet" :cigar::cigar:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mickle_89

View attachment 481299

Spoiler tag be like, click on me and

All of the steelbooks have the scratch marks
Some customers simply not noticed due to been kept sealed or not looked at steelbook tilted in right light conditions

In a room with low light you can easily miss the scratch marks
High light or low light I trust the people on the site I refer to are just as serious about their steelbooks as folks are here and if they said the received undamaged steelbooks then I believe them . . . here's an example of one of the 18 % that got through the process unscathed vs. one that didn't:-
1597082293928.png
1597082342204.png
1597083764969.png

That said, methinks no-one will be defining 2020 as the year they fuc**d up THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK steelbook.

High light or low light I trust the people on the site I refer to are just as serious about their steelbooks as folks are here and if they said the received undamaged steelbooks then I believe them . . . here's an example of one of the 18 % that got through the process unscathed vs. one that didn't:-
View attachment 481310 View attachment 481312 View attachment 481321

That said, methinks no-one will be defining 2020 as the year they fuc**d up THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK steelbook.
All Photos below are from same steelbook

Example
First photo looks as all ok
FB_IMG_1596570398770.jpg

Same steelbook this time showing the scratches
FB_IMG_1596570809361.jpg FB_IMG_1596570821832.jpg

Its very easy under different light conditions to not see the scratches

Photos can be misleading to think is not damaged
I can take other photos to show no scratches or show scratches
Also under different light conditions scratches can look even worse than seen in photos

The scratches are under the gloss finish
A lot who thought they had steelbook not damaged only later noticed they did have scratches

Last edited: