Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 481332

Hiding the Dark side of the steelbook. Hmm... where a lot of users reported scratches... Clever move zavvi, clever move! ;)
Don't go by photos all the steelbooks have the scratch marks from left to right including the middle of the steelbook

I can take a photo of my steelbook and will look as if it has no scratches
It does have scratches as I shown in previous posts but very easy to take a photo to not see the scratches

Example
117596819_10222349366103576_182573286108626021_o (1).jpg

Reactions: Jaxxx
Don't go by photos all the steelbooks have the scratch marks from left to right including the middle of the steelbook
I know what you mean Paul, but how could you possibly know that all the print run is affected? You think it is.

I know what you mean Paul, but how could you possibly know that all the print run is affected? You think it is.
It's likely a manufacturing fault on the metal proof sheet used to create the steelbook that why a lot have noticed the scratches
The scratches are under the gloss finish

I can take multiple photos in various different light conditions and different angles
I can take photos at different times during the day show no scratches and some will show the scratches

It's likely a manufacturing fault on the metal proof sheet used to create the steelbook that why a lot have noticed the scratches

I can take multiple photos in various different light conditions and different angles
I can take photos at different times during the day show no scratches and some will show the scratches

So to summarize, you can take photos. Got it.

:p

I haven't even got as far as unwrapping it to find the scratches. If they're all like it, then I could put up that, but I got the dreaded knife mark across the spine. So that's going back straight away and if they can't replace it, then I'll be canceling all the future Star Wars Steelbooks and returning the ones recently delivered. No point having a gap in the film run and I'd rather have none if that's the case.

Snapped some photos of my copy today to send off to Zavvi... must admit they were quite tricky to pick up on camera, but I managed it eventually.

Requested a 50% refund since that's apparently the most they've given out so far and I think it's only fair everyone else receives the same. Keep pressuring them if not!

My photos in case anyone's interested...

thumbnail_8D1546C7-1622-43E1-970A-FBED755C1CB6.jpg

Reactions: Mickle_89
All Photos below are from same steelbook

Example
First photo looks as all ok
View attachment 481325

Same steelbook this time showing the scratches
View attachment 481326 View attachment 481327

Its very easy under different light conditions to not see the scratches

Photos can be misleading to think is not damaged
I can take other photos to show no scratches or show scratches
Also under different light conditions scratches can look even worse than seen in photos

A lot who thought they had steelbook not damaged only later noticed they did have scratches
1597104353184.png

Checkout this post from someone over at Reddit. It appears their 2 ESB have slightly different coloring/vibrancy. One is definitely more bright blue
display.jpeg.jpg
Exactly, saw it on Facebook, and was about to post here. I wrote down in the comments if they have both scratches. I would expect, one yes and one not, due to color difference

Last edited by a moderator:
I have got so far 2 magnets
117736818_10222355001644461_3988777862711958173_o.jpg

On the left is from Kelly and on the right is from SteelbookMagnets

There is differences in colour
SteelbookMagnet is also lot more glossy

SteelbookMagnets has done a new design of above magnet with a border and title

Note the border on this new magnet has no gap at the top compared to the one from Kelly

I have ordered the above

• Informative
Reactions: DMD4k and Punker76
Steelbookdesign ones colour looks a lot more fitting but the new border looks very thick and doesn't have the curved edges like the one from Kelly.