Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Kelly has the more accurate colours, the orange was quite strong on this variant (but not straying into yellow).

The border is too thick on new steelbookmagnetz design and the poster art it is shifted up and to the right. All looks a bit off centre to me.

s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: crib79
I bet if these steelbooks were released in the U.S. the gloss finish would be more vibrant and inline with the magnet. I've noticed a difference in some titles of late between finishes. Blues Brothers, Pet Sematary etc... Wreck even confirmed quality of finishes can differ between UK and US.

These Star Wars steelbooks, although gloss, look very washed out to me.....

I think Kelly has the more accurate colours, the orange was quite strong on this variant (but not straying into yellow).

The border is too thick on new steelbookmagnetz design and the poster art it is shifted up and to the right. All looks a bit off centre to me.

View attachment 481383
I have the one from Kelly and have to agree. Am really pleased with it.

I reached out to Scanavo direct regarding this, considering Zavvis useless waiting game, to see what their angle is on the situation, i sent a few sample pics of the issues, and this is the response i received this morning.....
------------------------------------------------------->
Hi
First of all, many thanks for the support and interest in our SteelBook® brand.

Yes we are aware of the situation and are looking into this as we speak.

Please note, that after we have produced the SteelBook® cases they travel on a little journey before the end up at the retailers. We do a quality check before sending out the SteelBook® cases to make sure everything is alright with the products before shipment. However, the scratches may have happened at the replicator or during transportation. Nevertheless, this should of course have been noticed before shipment to the end-consumers so I’m sorry to hear that this isn’t the case in this situation.

In regards to getting a new edition without scratches, please reach out to Zavvi in this regard, but yes if all the SteelBook® cases have been damaged I assume a reprint will the solution here.

Thanks again for the note. I hope you receive a new and unscratched edition asap.

Best regards,

Jullie

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards,

Jullie Huus

International Project Manager –
SteelBook ® Division

Got a very similar response to ^

Dear Nicholas,

First of all, many thanks for the support and interest in our SteelBook® brand.

I’m really sorry to hear that you have received a damage SteelBook® case. Please note, that we will look into this with the client.

After we have produced the SteelBook® cases, they travel on a little journey before the end up at the retailers. We do a quality check before sending out the SteelBook® cases to make sure everything is alright with the product before shipment. However, the scratches may have happened at the replicator or during transportation. Nevertheless, this should of course have been noticed before shipment to the end-consumers.

In regards to getting a new copy without damages, please reach out to Zavvi as they are the retailer you bought it from.

Thanks again for the note.

Best regards,

Jullie

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards,

Jullie Huus

International Project Manager –
SteelBook ® Division

• Informative
Reactions: Stygian
My response from Zavvi...
Having a look at the photos you have provided us with we can completely understand the disappointment this must have caused you opening your item damaged and would like to apologise for this. I can certainly assure you that we strive and endeavour to have our parcels sent out and delivered securely to our customers.

We are aware of this issue with The Empire Strikes Back and we have since raised this with our warehouse so we can investigate further. As soon as we have an update on this, we will be sure to get in touch and let you know.
No actual mention of the 50% refund I requested, but will give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment and see if anything comes of their "investigation".

Reactions: MrSquifler and j_uk
I’ve tried going down the Live Chat route with zavvi, they kept me “waiting for an agent” for 25 minutes before I had to give up.

I’m sure customer service used to be a lot better than this.

My response from Zavvi...

No actual mention of the 50% refund I requested, but will give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment and see if anything comes of their "investigation".
I had the exact same response, then another time a staff member and their 'supervisor' felt 15% was fair for the damage...

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
Same here.

Already contacted thwm trough Twitter CS, nothing. They keep saying that they're investigating this.

Reached them on their "live chat" and after waiting 33 minutes, it was for nothing.

The support said that they cannot offer any kind of refund or replacement since they don't have a solution yet from the warehouse.

Poor customer service, one copy of new hope and EMPS scratched.

What will be next? Happy bidding !

I'd bet their promise of an investigation is just them stalling the situation and that they're hoping we'll eventually forget about it and move on. Unless they publicly post an update in the meantime, then I'll allow them a week or two before I respond to their email and will continue to chase them until I receive compensation. Still need to contact them about my spine slash on ROTJ... not expecting much of an helpful response to that issue either.

Reactions: Stygian
With and without the controversial cover magnet :p Admittedly, the magnet is a little too vibrant for my liking too, it would have worked better had it be toned down a bit to be fully in-keeping with the others. Although, I'm still happy with it overall for £11 posted as it covers the art I'm not particularly fond of (to put it mildly) along with the defects it also came with (n) I obviously hope to recoup back some of those £11 once zavvi CS pull their finger out :rolleyes::yawn:

View attachment 481299

seeing them all together with the magnet and without I actually prefer them together without the magnet