Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To people who have complained; have you sent an email or have you gone through the "contact us" on your orders page? If the latter, what options did you pick? Thanks

I'm going to ask zavvi for 50% off and keep it or 100% off and return for full refund......let's see what they say, i've had enough of their customer service garbage.
I did exactly this yesterday. All I got was the 'we are liaising with the warehouse' response. But good luck!

I finally got a reply after 4 days absence basically reiterating the same nonsense about being aware of the issues and waiting to see waiting they can do about it.

Pending the investigation - which by now I expect involves the manufacturer, the replicator/assembler and the retailer - it's one of those times when ...

1597227819326.png

... and not forgetting the serious machinery used by replicators making me consider that this is as likely as any other place - on the steelbook journey from manufacturer to consumer - to have scratched the cases:-
1597230688807.png
1597232102518.png

Looked back a bit to see how the Jack Reacher damaged steelbook was resolved, and It took Entertainment Store around 2 days after release to sort out a re-print of the Jack Reacher steelbook way back in 2013....this is the email they sent to customers..take note @zavvi
---------------------------------------
Hi,

Thank you for purchasing a copy of the Jack Reacher Entertainment Store Exclusive Steelbook.

Our supplier (Paramount Home Entertainment (UK)) has informed us of a manufacturing issue whereby there is a very fine scratch running down the right hand side of the front cover.

As this is our first exclusive Steelbook, we want to make sure you have the beautiful mint Steelbook you ordered, not one with a scratch down the front.

Paramount has kindly offered to arrange for re-manufacture of the entire run of 500 Steelbooks (and no more). We, The Entertainment Store, will be automatically sending out a replacement copy to you free of charge.

There is no need to return the defective version you originally received – you are free to keep this.

However, if you have chosen or do choose to return your original copy to us for a refund then we will not be able to send you a replacement free of charge.

Creating new stock will take several weeks and this means you can expect to receive your replacement copy around w/c 27th May 2013.

Thank you for your patience with this matter, and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Luke

Entertainment Store
-------------------------------------------------------------

Now this is what customer service looks like, it's now been 10 days and counting for zavvi to do nothing....(n)

I've got a magnet on the way, so I'd be more then happy with a 50% refund, or something similar. At least the defect has occured on the one with the worst artwork.

Hi Everyone,

I've just made an account to share this with you, i have been fighting my way up the zavvi customer service ladder over the last 2 weeks, and now have a direct line to Matt, a "Customer Relations Executive" who is actually addressing my issues, rather than using cut & paste.

whilst i was talking with him I brought up the issue of the damaged Empire Steelbooks as I am still waiting for mine to arrive (Australia takes forever!) and this is what he said...

We are aware of this supplier issue with the Star Wars Steelbook. Once it arrives, please let me know which of the two issues it has and I can add this to the sheet we have regarding this. We are currently looking into this with the Supplier.

Not much more than what you're getting from the customer service team but at least he acknowledged both the scratching and the spine cuts as separate issues and they have a running list of people affected etc.

We (as in, collectors), have done this to ourselves. We accepted and bought any old crap they pumped out for years ever since Play went under, accepted repeated price hikes, bad art, no titles, face spines, flat, matt, streaky, low res, rubbish, over and over. And this is where it led us; A release of one of the most popular movies ever getting a pile of dog mess for art (I could not care less that it's a poster it is terrible), riddled with defects.

Why? Because they don't care. The studios don't care, the manufacturers don't care, and Zavvi don't care. And they don't care because they don't need to care, because they sell out anyway. This release could have had Yoda Goatse for art and it would have sold out.

Stop buying garbage and they'll stop trying to sell it to us.

We (as in, collectors), have done this to ourselves. We accepted and bought any old crap they pumped out for years ever since Play went under, accepted repeated price hikes, bad art, no titles, face spines, flat, matt, streaky, low res, rubbish, over and over. And this is where it led us; A release of one of the most popular movies ever getting a pile of dog mess for art (I could not care less that it's a poster it is terrible), riddled with defects.

Why? Because they don't care. The studios don't care, the manufacturers don't care, and Zavvi don't care. And they don't care because they don't need to care, because they sell out anyway. This release could have had Yoda Goatse for art and it would have sold out.

Stop buying garbage and they'll stop trying to sell it to us.
I still like matte, but yes to everything else.

I can only imagine that people here who don't care about SW are going to be absolutely thrilled when all these releases are done. :)

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
To people who have complained; have you sent an email or have you gone through the "contact us" on your orders page? If the latter, what options did you pick? Thanks

I go the contact us route. Select the product and select “problem with my order” on the first selection. You don’t need to select anything on the second selection - just keep it as “select one”. Write your message and and send. The email will still send without a second issue detail selection selected

19959A9E-D0E6-417A-897C-5ECE7B294607.png

• Helpful Post
Reactions: davhyl and Stygian
I was offered 25% back or return for a replacement. Not sure if I should negotiate for a better percentage back or just go with the return.