Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was offered 25% back or return for a replacement. Not sure if I should negotiate for a better percentage back or just go with the return.
I do not understand Zavvi support, everyone says different things.

Talking trough Twitter, e-mail and chat and they said that they cannot offer anything.

I told them that people is getting a 50% refund and their answer " that is not possible , we have not a solution yet "

I'm starting getting mad with their CS.

I go the contact us route. Select the product and select “problem with my order” on the first selection. You don’t need to select anything on the second selection - just keep it as “select one”. Write your message and and send. The email will still send without a second issue detail selection selected

View attachment 481585
I went this route and they offered %20 refund. I suppose that's just about as good as it will get.

Had this today regarding this and return of the Jedi

Thanks for your patience in awaiting for our response in regards to your damaged Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook.

So we have been in talks with our warehouse and the rest of these seem fine, so what we can do is have Return of the Jedi returned with our pre-paid label for a replacement. And then if you pop through with a photo of the postage receipt we can have a new one sent out to you.

Could you kindly confirm if this solution is suitable for you and you wish us to proceed with this?

As for Empire Strikes back this does appear to be a bigger issue however we are in talks with our supplier and I assure you as soon as we have an update on this we will be sure to let you know.

If there is anything else that we can do, please get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

I'm in the US, after being offered a 15% refund I told them that I decline, and asked what they are doing about this since the issue is so widespread. I then received this:

Thank you for contacting us about your order.

We are very sorry that your order arrived damaged. If you would like a replacement or full refund, we ask that you return the damaged item. You will shortly receive another email which contains instructions on how to return your goods.

Before you send your return, we would appreciate it if you could let us know the cost of standard, tracked shipping to return your goods.

If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

So that's some progress. However, I've never shipped internationally before and have no idea what the best option for tracked shipping would be. Anyone else going through this?

I'm in the US, after being offered a 15% refund I told them that I decline, and asked what they are doing about this since the issue is so widespread. I then received this:

We are very sorry that your order arrived damaged. If you would like a replacement or full refund, we ask that you return the damaged item. You will shortly receive another email which contains instructions on how to return your goods.

Before you send your return, we would appreciate it if you could let us know the cost of standard, tracked shipping to return your goods.

If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

So that's some progress. However, I've never shipped internationally before and have no idea what the best option for tracked shipping would be. Anyone else going through this?

The fact they’re offering a replacement is.... hopeful? Things may be moving behind the scenes perhaps?

The fact they’re offering a replacement is.... hopeful? Things may be moving behind the scenes perhaps?

That's the same stock reply I got for Episode IV. They finally admitted today that they cant offer me a replacement as they dont have any. I am stuck with my spine slashed EIV and then this scratched turd

• Informative
Reactions: Punker76

I'd be interested in what they say when you tell them it will probably be over $20 U.S. to send it back.

Reactions: Leafs17
I'd be interested in what they say when you tell them it will probably be over $20 U.S. to send it back.
I wrote back expressing my concern over sending the item back with no guarantee that it would be both in stock and in better condition, and I asked if there was a way I could get the item first and then send the damaged one back, and if I didn't send it back they can charge me for both. I'm awaiting their response.

I figured shipping would be around that but I haven't looked into it yet. In the email follow-up they sent with shipping info it said to try to keep shipping below 15% of the item's cost, so there's clearly no way that that would ever happen. Sending an international package with tracking overseas will be much more than $8.

Reactions: Leafs17 and Stygian
I’m in the same boat.

NH spine slash
RJ spine slash
ESB same marks as everyone else.

Been waiting feedback a few days now.

A ‘mint’ one is going to look out of place if this keeps up as the collection expands to the others.

• Haha
Reactions: Masta Norris
I know there is a steelbook magnet that everyone seems to prefer, but has anyone found one that isn't as bright and colorful?

I think the Empire poster without Lando on it would be a better choice for a magnet. The poster doesn't have orange on it.
I think it would fit in much better.

I received a copy of this steelbook today. I think it looks great! It's sealed.

I looked it over like I do with any steelbook I receive. I didn't see the "scratches" that everybody mentioned but because I knew where they should be, I went looking for them. i had to tilt it this way, then that way, and then another way.

I finally held it under a desk lamp and tilted it a certain way. Then I finally saw the marks. As mentioned in the thread elsewhere, they really do look more like they are part of the image (they shouldn't be part of the image of course) and that is why the lines are under the gloss.

Like I said my copy is still sealed and it will stay that way like most of my steelbooks. I would not see the marks if I didn't go looking for them and I really had to try hard to see them holding the steelbook flat face-up. I would never look at a steelbook in that way. Having seen them, yes I can now unsee them.

When I hold the steelbook straight in front of me it looks perfect which I'm fine with.

If they decide to reprint them then I may consider getting the replacement.

EDIT: I held the steelbook under the desk lamp for so long that after I turned the light off, Vader started to glow!!! ;)

2 more things:

1) For a steelbook that we were all originally disappointed with, I have probably looked at this steelbook longer and harder than any in my collection ever. :squint: :hilarious:

2) The one thing I don't like about this one is the fact that the shrink-wrap seal runs right through the title on the spine.
:angry: :LOL:

Ah the ups and downs of that sealed life.