Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
More likely just replacing with another scratched one from the first batch

I was lucky second time around, the replacement I received today for A New Hope. It's pristine. Guess it's time to risk a Jedi return (back is scratched to buggery, front pristine) and await the Empire news.

What a saga this has been. I wonder if processing marks of a lesser nature are more common but good finishes hide them, if not then this run has coincided with someone's machine reaching end of life.

Mine arrived with no scratches on the front and back, but with a incision and a dent on the spine. Normally I would send it back but, given the situation, I'll keep it.
IMG_2071.jpg
IMG_2073.jpg

I ordered 2 copies and both are horribly scratched
View attachment 481884

OK now I'm looking at my copy again and now I can see those same scratches on the right side through the shrinkwrap as well.

It's so weird. I can see them. Then I can't see them. Then I can see them again. Then I close my eyes again and I can't see them. Then I open my eyes again... ;)

But seriously I can now see them under a lamp. They run from the far left side to the far right side through the entire top half of the steelbook.

But when not under the lamp...nothing. Not even Vader...

Last edited:
So we all still just waiting on Lord Zavvi to get back to us about there dodge steelbooks batch? The Empire wouldn't have this, they would have blow-up the planet with the company who made the steelbooks on it and would have the person who chose the image put in prison!

That's a bit deceptive, most of those marks you see there are actually on the shrinkwrap, (mine was similar), but remove the wrap and your left with just the 2 horizontal lines, like everyone else.
I hope so. They stretch the full length from left to right, and they look almost identical on both, with the scratch curves going up and down at almost exact same locations. That’s why I thought they’re probably on the steel..

I hope so. They stretch the full length from left to right, and they look almost identical on both, with the scratch curves going up and down at almost exact same locations. That’s why I thought they’re probably on the steel..

My copy looks exactly like yours in the same places with the shrink-wrap on.
I tried stretching the shrink-wrap to see if the lines would move which usually works but in this case it was inconclusive.

Reactions: TriSteel
My copy looks exactly like yours in the same places with the shrink-wrap on.
I tried stretching the shrink-wrap to see if the lines would move which usually works but in this case it was inconclusive.
I haven't opened mine, but I can see horizontal marks on the front. I tried moving the plastic and confirmed that the marks are indeed on the steelbook.

OK now I'm looking at my copy again and now I can see those same scratches on the right side through the shrinkwrap as well.

It's so weird. I can see them. Then I can't see them. Then I can see them again. Then I close my eyes again and I can't see them. Then I open my eyes again... ;)

But seriously I can now see them under a lamp. They run from the far left side to the far right side through the entire top half of the steelbook.

But when not under the lamp...nothing. Not even Vader...
I wonder if this steelbook would ave been better without Vader...

May I suggest at 1am that's night time, and 1pm is day time. The only steelbook I see at 1am is Nightmare Before Christmas and Terminator 2 GITD, and at 1pm all others in my collection. I suggest you test again in daylight with and without lamp :naughty:

In all seriousness I've kept this one sealed too, and have looked for scratches, difficult I know and I'm aware they are there. It sucks (n)

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian
I wonder if this steelbook would ave been better without Vader...

May I suggest at 1am that's night time, and 1pm is day time. The only steelbook I see at 1am is Nightmare Before Christmas and Terminator 2 GITD, and at 1pm all others in my collection. I suggest you test again in daylight with and without lamp :naughty:

In all seriousness I've kept this one sealed too, and have looked for scratches, difficult I know and I'm aware they are there. It sucks (n)

I actually have both of those GITD steelbooks!

Reactions: GeoRattray
I am truly sorry that it's so hard to be certain that your steelbook is damaged. I'm sure if you just keep looking at it, it will eventually prove itself to be as imperfect as you want it to be. ;) Don't give up!

Reactions: hatredhorror
I am truly sorry that it's so hard to be certain that your steelbook is damaged. I'm sure if you just keep looking at it, it will eventually prove itself to be as imperfect as you want it to be. ;) Don't give up!
this. why even bother when those scratches are only visible under certain lights and angles that nobody would ever view them in anyway... i mean to each their own, but i wouldnt waste my time with something like this, let alone ask for a refund...

So far I am finding that the Star Wars 4K Steelbooks that I have received are of inferior quality.

Zavvi are going to drag there feet on the TESB fiasco, because if they don’t resolve the issue then people are going to start cancelling their orders for the rest of the collection.

the complete collection will cost just shy of £330

They shouldn’t charge or dispatch any more Star Wars Steelbooks until after they have sorted out the TESB manufacturing problem.

Reactions: MM3