Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 10, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order May 28, 9 AM for Red Carpet, 12 PM general sale - UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12590797-1524771506779595.jpg

12590797-1624771506954630.jpg 12590797-1994771506894318.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is interested I've got a spare copy (sealed and flawless looking). Would part with it at cost + shipping.

Wow I knew “slash” was extreme word use. These are more like light scratches.

Light scratch? LOL. It's a slash, deep, and the picture clearly shows that. The dumb theory you said earlier in this thread about people making up these spine slash stories to "rake poor Zavvi for as many refunds/replacements without having to make returns as possible" is wrong too.

Just received the 2 that I ordered. One with a spine splash and the other one good. :rolleyes:

View attachment 484022
That looks like mine. They offered 20% off, I declined. They said they’d get ma replacement, I said, ”will i get a new copy with disks”? Cuz if it’s not that, I need a major discount And a new case And 20% won’t cut it. At least with Empire, I can generally ignore the scuffs. Spine Slash, not so much.

Reactions: DannyDXC
That looks like mine. They offered 20% off, I declined. They said they’d get ma replacement, I said, ”will i get a new copy with disks”? Cuz if it’s not that, I need a major discount And a new case And 20% won’t cut it. At least with Empire, I can generally ignore the scuffs. Spine Slash, not so much.

I am fine with just the case like they are doing with the Empire Strikes Back (yes, the two I ordered have scuffs on those too). Otherwise, I will return it. That is the main reason I got 2 copies, because I knew something like this may happen. 20% or 30% is unacceptable. I am hoping this is a lesson learned for Zavvi with all these claims. They need to do better with their quality control.

I am fine with just the case like they are doing with the Empire Strikes Back (yes, the two I ordered have scuffs on those too). Otherwise, I will return it. That is the main reason I got 2 copies, because I knew something like this may happen. 20% or 30% is unacceptable. I am hoping this is a lesson learned for Zavvi with all these claims. They need to do better with their quality control.
They're just the retailer, it's QC up higher the chain that failed so many.

Reactions: Doctor
Surprise, surprise Zavvi lied. I sent back my Zavvi spine slashed edition with the promise off a replacement and after several weeks they don’t have a replacement.
What a bunch of liars.

Today I just received my replacement, sent by courier. I received an emails. Week or so back saying that they had a new shipment. Thankfully arrived with no damage whatsoever.

Reactions: ariba266
Today I just received my replacement, sent by courier. I received an emails. Week or so back saying that they had a new shipment. Thankfully arrived with no damage whatsoever.
Interesting. I’d been told I’d get a replacement and after weeks of back and forth they say, “We don’t have any, but we can give you 20% off,” which is literally what I turned down in the 2nd message.” Now they’re saying, OK just return it for a refund. They don’t seem very good at CS.

Just got my replacement and it also has a spine slash. It boggles my mind how botched the entire release has been.