Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 10, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order May 28, 9 AM for Red Carpet, 12 PM general sale - UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12590797-1524771506779595.jpg

12590797-1624771506954630.jpg 12590797-1994771506894318.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually am really confused myself, both Jedi and Flash charged with me as well. Muppets.
Flash Gordon, that’s what my other charge was. Have been confused since it happened. Didn’t realize it was coming out so much sooner than the US releases.

My problem is that Zavvi isn't accepting my payment, for no reason I can see. Hopefully it'll get worked out.

I have been having the same issue, just use paypal
That's what it was originally (which has always worked, and should still), but when I click "resolve issue," it only gives me the option for credit card. Which should also work with no problem, but doesn't. I've sent a message, so I hope it'll be cleared up quickly. Not worried, just confused.

That's what it was originally (which has always worked, and should still), but when I click "resolve issue," it only gives me the option for credit card. Which should also work with no problem, but doesn't. I've sent a message, so I hope it'll be cleared up quickly. Not worried, just confused.

I think you only get 48 hours to resolve it so depending on when Zavvi reply you might loose it. Just a heads up

I think you only get 48 hours to resolve it so depending on when Zavvi reply you might loose it. Just a heads up
Either way, not a big deal. I got the IV steel today, and it's fine, but not at all the greatest steel ever—almost certainly not the best SW steel there will ever be. So if I lose VI, I'll just bail on the whole set and wait for the next one.

Reactions: Flloydo
its less then a week from shipping, dont see the big deal
Not a huge issue per se, but what (for instance) if they start charging early for all pre orders, and someone who has a premium order for an expensive item doesn’t realise they’ll be getting charged ahead of time compared to when they normally get charged?

It’s the principle of it, including the possibility of changing their terms on the hush which is bad practise.

Not a huge issue per se, but what (for instance) if they start charging early for all pre orders, and someone who has a premium order for an expensive item doesn’t realise they’ll be getting charged ahead of time compared to when they normally get charged?

It’s the principle of it, including the possibility of changing their terms on the hush which is bad practise.
They should have money to cover both that close together anyway lol

Reactions: tono06
Think it’s just a good ol’ Zavvi bashing excuse to be fair - seems to help get whatever angst is built up in the system!

As a side note - as someone who resides Stateside, have two questions; firstly, do Zavvi charge you any extra delivery/customs charges when placing orders, and if so, is there any proof that the items are shipped from England?

The only reason I ask is because Zavvi have a registered address in Delaware - I’m not sure if they’re strictly admin, of it’s an extension of the main U.K. branch where they operate out of a warehouse, meaning stock is kept on site...

Opportunity to get a second job...

Im honestly not even sure why some got charged early because I havent seen anything for this one yet come across.

Exactly.

The order time for Empire and Jedi were (possibly) 2 weeks apart. I can't remember exactly. But they take payment for both at the same time....?

Not cool.

Reactions: MrSquifler
A lot of customers get paid at different times Weekly/Bi Weekly/Monthly

People have a budget to work each week/month so any payment that is taken from their bank account before they was expecting can cause issues with direct debits due for example

Think it’s just a good ol’ Zavvi bashing excuse to be fair - seems to help get whatever angst is built up in the system!

As a side note - as someone who resides Stateside, have two questions; firstly, do Zavvi charge you any extra delivery/customs charges when placing orders, and if so, is there any proof that the items are shipped from England?

The only reason I ask is because Zavvi have a registered address in Delaware - I’m not sure if they’re strictly admin, of it’s an extension of the main U.K. branch where they operate out of a warehouse, meaning stock is kept on site...
When your order from Zavvi USA website you are still ordering from Zavvi UK
The Blu-ray/DVD/UHD releases on all Zavvi websites are UK/Ireland releases

Zavvi USA is just a currency/language version of Zavvi.com UK website
It's the same if ordering from Zavvi Germany or Zavvi Australia etc they are just language/currency variants of Zavvi UK Website
Zavvi ship most items from Guernsey Channel Islands a location not in the EU and not in the UK

So anyone based outside UK can end up having custums looking for vat payment in a EU country
UK is excluded as Vat is included in the price listed on Zavvi website as channel islands are British Crown Dependencies locations

As Guernsey Channel Island is a location not in the EU
This is why you see some members from Germany having to pay customs Vat on items with Value over €22

Technically can happen to other EU countries but custums not as strict in some locations

Either way, not a big deal. I got the IV steel today, and it's fine, but not at all the greatest steel ever—almost certainly not the best SW steel there will ever be. So if I lose VI, I'll just bail on the whole set and wait for the next one.
So today I received a message from Zavvi saying they couldn't charge my card, so I'll have to cancel the item and place a new order. Then a few minutes later (and without my having done anything), I got a message saying they're unable to cancel my item, and if I still don't want it then I'll just have to return it after it arrives.

I'll just sit back and let Zavvi's system argue with itself. :)

So today I received a message from Zavvi saying they couldn't charge my card, so I'll have to cancel the item and place a new order. Then a few minutes later (and without my having done anything), I got a message saying they're unable to cancel my item, and if I still don't want it then I'll just have to return it after it arrives.

I'll just sit back and let Zavvi's system argue with itself. :)
So you get it for free?

Reactions: MrSquifler