Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 10, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order May 28, 9 AM for Red Carpet, 12 PM general sale - UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12590797-1524771506779595.jpg

12590797-1624771506954630.jpg 12590797-1994771506894318.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Really for the cost of the entire set, not getting much enjoyment out of collecting these.

Front is fine - so that's 1 from 3. Back, however, has the processing scratches - this time vertically. Less noticeable but still bloody shocking, frankly.

So that's a replacement for Ep IV (on the way, hopefully), a wait-and-see for Ep V and probably a suck-it-up refund for Ep VI.

Well done to all involved, a spectacular, colossal failure. Only 8 more lotteries to endure, folks!

giphy.gif

Spineslashed A New Hope, scratches on Empire Strikes Back, just waiting for Return Of The Jedi to see if that's ok before contacting Zavvi. Cancelled the other 2 trilogies as can't be bothered with the quality issues

Reactions: ethnosax
Mine arrived 99.9% perfect, some weird mark on the spine, not a regular horizontal spine slash but a vertical one. Ah well, nothing to complain about really.
EpV looks even more ridiculous now with this and IV either side of it

Spineslashed A New Hope, scratches on Empire Strikes Back, just waiting for Return Of The Jedi to see if that's ok before contacting Zavvi. Cancelled the other 2 trilogies as can't be bothered with the quality issues
I'm thinking of doing the same and just sticking with my Amazon Skywalker Saga 4K set.

Reactions: ethnosax
Dear lord, all these horror stories, I'm going back to Babylon 5 as there will never be any steelbooks...

I've only gone for original trilogy, not playing the collecting game for the other 8.

• Haha
Reactions: Punker76 and DMD4k
I spoke to Zavvi CS on Twitter and they are looking into what is going on in the Warehouse (believe that when I see it) and they also said that they have plenty of copies for replacements.

Now if they are actually any good and can get delivered in one piece is another question.

Reactions: a_o
Yeah been lucky with all mine being spot on. Also the full gloss on these is really nice.
It is annoying I’m going to have to sell all the other standard Star Wars steels I’ve been collecting.

I spoke to Zavvi CS on Twitter and they are looking into what is going on in the Warehouse (believe that when I see it) and they also said that they have plenty of copies for replacements.
They told me they are not sending out any replacements just now. They will first investigate what is going on and then decide on what to do to fix this.