Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 10, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order May 28, 9 AM for Red Carpet, 12 PM general sale - UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12590797-1524771506779595.jpg

12590797-1624771506954630.jpg 12590797-1994771506894318.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this today Regarding this and empire

Thanks for your patience in awaiting for our response in regards to your damaged Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook.

So we have been in talks with our warehouse and the rest of these seem fine, so what we can do is have Return of the Jedi returned with our pre-paid label for a replacement. And then if you pop through with a photo of the postage receipt we can have a new one sent out to you.

Could you kindly confirm if this solution is suitable for you and you wish us to proceed with this?

As for Empire Strikes back this does appear to be a bigger issue however we are in talks with our supplier and I assure you as soon as we have an update on this we will be sure to let you know.

If there is anything else that we can do, please get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Thanks for your patience in awaiting for our response in regards to your damaged Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi - Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook.

So we have been in talks with our warehouse and the rest of these seem fine, so what we can do is have Return of the Jedi returned with our pre-paid label for a replacement. And then if you pop through with a photo of the postage receipt we can have a new one sent out to you.

Could you kindly confirm if this solution is suitable for you and you wish us to proceed with this?

As for Empire Strikes back this does appear to be a bigger issue however we are in talks with our supplier and I assure you as soon as we have an update on this we will be sure to let you know.

If there is anything else that we can do, please get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.
So they want you to send it back so they can send you a replacement?

I'd refuse.

So they’re still dragging their feet regarding Empire...

That's their policy.

What would you want then? To keep the original and get an extra free copy?
Yeah, it's their mistake, why should I trust them to give me a replacement that won't have the same/similar issues? I've had sellers of eBay and Amazon give out extra copies when they were damaged without extra costs, Zavvi has no excuse.

That's their policy.

What would you want then? To keep the original and get an extra free copy?

I mean...Amazon do that. If it arrives damaged & you report it damaged they issue a replacement but advise you to keep or receive the damaged original.
And I would much rather Zavvi reissue a copy out first to ensure it doesn't also arrive damaged before I would send back the damaged one.

Reactions: RMA and MrSquifler
I mean...Amazon do that. If it arrives damaged & you report it damaged they issue a replacement but advise you to keep or receive the damaged original.
And I would much rather Zavvi reissue a copy out first to ensure it doesn't also arrive damaged before I would send back the damaged one.
Exactly. Given how poorly they've handled this issue and how some people are still waiting on their copies I wouldn't trust Zavvi to send out a replacement and it not get lost (or damaged and end up with nothing.

Reactions: RMA
Of course they can. That's not the point. You purchased when they were in effect, and agreed to them, so you can't really complain about having to return a damaged item in exchange for a (supposedly) mint one.
Of course I can complain.

I just did.

Just because we agreed something doesn't mean we have to like it or that we shouldn't want it changed and improved, especially when their competitions offer better alternatives.

And Amazon don't do that all the time. I've often been asked to return an item or accept a partial refund instead. Maybe twice, I got to keep something.

They don't have to do it, it's a goodwill gesture at their discretion.

Reactions: Stygian
Of course I can complain.

I just did.

Just because we agreed something doesn't mean we have to like it or that we shouldn't want it changed and improved, especially when their competitions offer better alternatives.
Oh yes, by all means, complain away! I was just replying to you saying Zavvi has no excuse. They do, your acceptance of their T&C at the time of purchase.

Reactions: MrSquifler
And it's another reason Zavvi sucks. They know we'll go them because they're the only ones who have certain items so they can continue being subpar and doing things buyers don't like because hey, what are they going do? Go somewhere else?
Exactly.

I really only use Zavvi for their exclusives. Otherwise I don't bother with them.

Reactions: MrSquifler
technically Amazon and Zavvi probably have the same terms of service but Amazon will sometimes tell you to keep the item, especially if overseas. Most everytime Amazon have had the item sent back here in the states. I can maybe remember 1-2 times out of 50+ returns i got to keep both