Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 10, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order May 28, 9 AM for Red Carpet, 12 PM general sale - UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12590797-1524771506779595.jpg

12590797-1624771506954630.jpg 12590797-1994771506894318.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Question: I asked for a refund on my copy.
After a month of back and forth (with my refusing a discount and them promising a new copy) they said they'd refund me. They wanted to know how much shipping would cost. I tell them, they refund the price, sans the cost of shipping and without a shipping label. Is that normal? It's almost like they're just saying keep it.

Reactions: psychoscot
After a month of back and forth (with my refusing a discount and them promising a new copy) they said they'd refund me. They wanted to know how much shipping would cost. I tell them, they refund the price, sans the cost of shipping and without a shipping label. Is that normal? It's almost like they're just saying keep it.

They are saying keep it! they are THE worst for refunds and problems, Make THEM pay the refund, and make THEM deal with every issue, you ARE covered by UK law! If they sent you anything less than OCD perfection it's on them. Don't accept less!

They are saying keep it! they are THE worst for refunds and problems, Make THEM pay the refund, and make THEM deal with every issue, you ARE covered by UK law! If they sent you anything less than OCD perfection it's on them. Don't accept less!
Better be careful, or they'll just flat out delete your account as I've experienced.

They don't prepay the return postage, you need to contact customer services requesting a refund of postage with a photo of the shipping receipt. It's a pain but I've always been refunded within a few days

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
No they have no need for the defective copy so they have decided that there isn't any point in refunding you and refunding the cost of shipping it back to them on top of that. Happens all the time.
I guess I think it’s weird, because had they offered me, for example, 50% off, instead of 20%, I probably would have taken it, but after the offer of a new copy (that they couldn’t fulfill), they offered 20%, which is what I’d turned down roughly a month earlier.

Oh well, this will make it easier for me to get the price I paid for an ebay copy back down to my original cost, so it works for me. Hopefully the rest don’t have issues. My Ep 3 has borderline spine slash, but it’s more like a scratch, so I just didn’t bother. TBH, as long as I get great copies of the Star Wars stories and TFA, I’m good....the rest can be returned if they’re messed up. I like the art, but TLJ doesn’t do well after the first viewing and RoS was the worst Star Wars movie. May it always be the worst.

Reactions: Stygian
Hello, NINJAs.

I am hosting a GB for a custom fullslip for this steelbook.
You all are invited to take a look.

Reactions: Mararagan
So have you ever wondered where your missing Zavvi SteelBooks go?

Shipped by Zavvi in August 2020. I just received them today. Arrived in Canada after 11 months in Malaysia according to the "MISSENT TO MALAYSIA" stamp on each box.

That's the longest it's ever taken for a piece of mail to reach me :LOL:

Having said that, once again I declare that Zavvi's white boxes are the best for shipping SteelBooks outside of any premium retailer. 3 of the 4 SteelBooks look to be in good condition. The other copy has a small bubble on the spine but I believe that was there before it was shipped.

Shipped by Zavvi in August 2020. I just received them today. Arrived in Canada after 11 months in Malaysia according to the "MISSENT TO MALAYSIA" stamp on each box.

Having said that, once again I declare that Zavvi's white boxes are the best for shipping SteelBooks outside of any premium retailer. 3 of the 4 SteelBooks look to be in good condition. The other copy has a small bubble on the spine but I believe that was there before it was shipped.
Epic journey...,,

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k and Stygian

If the boxes could talk:

unnamed.jpg

:LOL:

Quite a surprise when they showed up, I suppose. Did you receive replacements in the meantime?
By the way I share your sentiment about the Zavvi boxes. I consider them quite reliable, too.

Somewhere in Malaysia there's a dodgy back market seller with 1000 copies of the SOLO Steelbook..

If the boxes could talk:

View attachment 510665

:LOL:

Quite a surprise when they showed up, I suppose. Did you receive replacements in the meantime?
By the way I share your sentiment about the Zavvi boxes. I consider them quite reliable, too.

No I received refunds for them back in the day. I suppose they could have been sitting in a sorting center in Canada all this time as well but they definitely went through Malaysia.

Reactions: CleverLoginName