Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on July 16 around 9 AM for Red Carpet subscribers, and around 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

12645253-8504782625454979.jpg

12645253-1384782625596285.jpg 12645253-1654782625786989.jpg 12645253-8304782625738341.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm it's nice but if there's no gloss/debossing then the BluFans one remains superior, even though I prefer the rear artwork on this release. I'm not sure what to do, I really wish we knew whether BluFans will ever release more Star Wars steels because TLJ, RO and TFA are all amazing imo. And I know it's been said more than enough... but the EpV Zavvi is just awful... so as nice as the rest of this run is, it's hardly a definitive collection imo. Also, no 3D discs!

Hmmm it's nice but if there's no gloss/debossing then the BluFans one remains superior, even though I prefer the rear artwork on this release. I'm not sure what to do, I really wish we knew whether BluFans will ever release more Star Wars steels because TLJ, RO and TFA are all amazing imo. And I know it's been said more than enough... but the EpV Zavvi is just awful... so as nice as the rest of this run is, it's hardly a definitive collection imo. Also, no 3D discs!
Well definitely don't hold off on buying this one because you have high hopes of Blufans doing Episode V. That's not happening soon, if ever.

Holy crap! this might just be beautiful! At risk of repeating the entire community, with the exception of ESB, this might just be an incredible set of 11 films on steel! Are you feeling ok Disney?! Take note Marvel, this has my wallet quivering in fear that they're going to back through the MCU catalogue and match up all artwork designs with the likes of Avengers: IW/Endgame & Captain Marvel... (ok, I am kind of wishful thinking there, I should just be grateful with the impending SW Steels).

I think the blufans one is miles better personally because of the composition and no white border but it still looks ok. They all look great but Phantom menace looks the best of the series.

said it before but I expect these to be the same as the marvel 4K range. Flat and gloss. I won’t accept anything less. Titles are too low for debossing

I think the blufans one is miles better personally because of the composition and no white border but it still looks ok. They all look great but Phantom menace looks the best of the series.

said it before but I expect these to be the same as the marvel 4K range. Flat and gloss. I won’t accept anything less. Titles are too low for debossing

Sadly, you're probably right @Flloydo Zavvi x Disney with great ideas and poor execution. It's like 00's Microsoft.

The colors were slightly off on the BF TFA and R1 covers, so if the Zavvi steels get the color and vibrance right, and if these are full gloss, then they could actually win over BF. Will be interesting to see...

I like the fact that they are using the quarter slips for these and not the upside down 4K J-cards they used on the 4K Marvel set.

Yeah I hate them, basically useless once you've got rid of the glue dots just flapping around :banghead:

Also like how they're including them on these images now as they didn't for the first 5 releases

Reactions: Stygian
Unsurprisingly no release date yet for THE FORCE AWAKENS but good to know the release dates for I - VI:-

A NEW HOPE - 27th July 2020

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - 3rd August 2020
THE RETURN OF THE JEDI - 10th August 2020

THE PHANTOM MENACE - 7th September 2020
ATTACK OF THE CLONES - 21st September 2020

REVENGE OF THE SITH - 12th October 2020

Nice to see relaxed releases of two per month . . . going by this schedule looks like all 11 will be popping through letterboxes before Christmas.