Vancouver Canada
Star Wars Smuggler's Bounty Box
Ships in Nov 2015.
LINK

DEBUT BOX INCLUDES
2-EXCLUSIVE POP! VINYLS!

NOVEMBER BOX CLOSES ON 11/12

SWsb.jpg

@pdbluray are you talking about the new Star Trek (movies)?

Because there have been lots of Trek pops already.
http://funko.com/collections/star-trek-next-generation
http://funko.com/collections/star-trek-the-original-series

You would think the rights would apply to everything?

Was on about the new stuff.

Although as you say you wouldn't of thought it would be across the board.

And saying that there are a crap load of characters not released from both shows which is strange.

Unless they are going to try and ride the Momentum of the new series next year?

• Thanks
Reactions: Flash
Was on about the new stuff.

Although as you say you wouldn't of thought it would be across the board.

And saying that there are a crap load of characters not released from both shows which is strange.

Unless they are going to try and ride the Momentum of the new series next year?

To be honest the amount of rubbish irrelevant Star Wars pops they have already made.

It would hurt them to release like Khan, a few Captain Kirk variants, there is so many sets that could happen whereas they have clearly ran out of ideas with the Star Wars box. I think maybe they shouldn't have released so many characters from the new film as commons and they could have had them as 'exclusives'

Just thinking about it Star Trek ones that would be cool

- Generations set with Kirk and Jean Luc
- Captain Kirk with tribble
- They need to make a Q pop funko
- Quark
- Spock with Spock prime set
- Some new ones from the movie, who look like Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto etc
- Winona Ryder (spocks mum) pop funko

• Thanks
Reactions: pdbluray and ty233
I wonder about this as they've basically done like every Star Wars character twice lol and particuarly that big Jabba set (wish the uk would get it)

Despite that I think it will just be similar set to that with maybe different person to Leia

@Flash I dont know how they would do it... but Han in carbonite would be amazing! haha

That would be good idea :thumbs:

Instead of more versions of like Rey and Kylo separately they should have done like a two pack with them both with lightsabers in kinda fight pose that would be cool

Jabba Unboxing (FULL SPOILERS):

wow that's a **** box, a hat, a mug and a plush who are they zavvi? Lol People want loads of pops. I think the pop is pretty weak also, Jabba's box with no cool Jabba variant?? :(

I mean particularly for people in the UK who end up paying high postage and then probably customs I'd be raging with this box.

Reactions: pdbluray
@Flash
I know... its pretty weak. I'm very disappointed in the Pop. I never would have predicted that it would have been that.
It will probably be the worst pop i will own.
I actually really like the Hat though. The Mug is kind of neat too. But the plush is just ok... It's cool that it's Boba Fett but would have rather had a different Pop instead.

So I finally got this box...
It arrived in good condition. No damage to the outside of the box. But when i opened it up, the pop box inside was pretty smashed.
Which means that they sent me a damaged pop?... Which is totally unacceptable. Not cool Funko.

I contacted them about this and sent them a photo of it, they replied with:

"the main purpose of our boxes are to protect the Pop! inside.
I do not see any damage to the figure so, it looks like the box did protect it.
I am so sorry I know this is not the resolution that you were looking for but we sincerely thank you for your understanding!"

ummm... They should know better then anyone, that for collectors the boxes are almost as important as the figure itself! That is a horrible excuse.

You would think that a pretty hardcore Funko collector like myself, Someone who has subscribed to ALL their boxes, been a loyal customer for YEARS, spending a ton of money, never contacting them about any issue thus far, they would treat me a little better.

Sorry for this rant, but i just needed to vent...

So. how is everyone else's day going? haha

So I finally got this box...
It arrived in good condition. No damage to the outside of the box. But when i opened it up, the pop box inside was pretty smashed.
Which means that they sent me a damaged pop?... Which is totally unacceptable. Not cool Funko.

I contacted them about this and sent them a photo of it, they replied with:

"the main purpose of our boxes are to protect the Pop! inside.
I do not see any damage to the figure so, it looks like the box did protect it.
I am so sorry I know this is not the resolution that you were looking for but we sincerely thank you for your understanding!"

ummm... They should know better then anyone, that for collectors the boxes are almost as important as the figure itself! That is a horrible excuse.

You would think that a pretty hardcore Funko collector like myself, Someone who has subscribed to ALL their boxes, been a loyal customer for YEARS, spending a ton of money, never contacting them about any issue thus far, they would treat me a little better.

Sorry for this rant, but i just needed to vent...

So. how is everyone else's day going? haha

I'm sorry to hear that @kaw, that's an awful response. I had a very similar one from forbidden planet. I hope you didn't leave it at, we sure didn't. You should email them that them of all people should understand that many people don't take these out of the box and the box is part of the collectable. I'm sorry if it was me as has happened with a few companies you insist that the item is damaged. You should get a partial refund at the least. It is totally unacceptable. You have to push and keep messaging them but for these expensive boxes that terrible and funko themselves is shocking. :(

Reactions: kaw
@Flash Thanks! Yeah I'm for sure going to keep on with them about this. It's not cool.
But I don't want to derail this thread with too much talk about my frustrations haha

@Flash Thanks! Yeah I'm for sure going to keep on with them about this. It's not cool.
But I don't want to derail this thread with too much talk about my frustrations haha

Understandable but I think it's also useful for members to know about customer service etc.

I think they've made too many of these boxes and are filling them with more random stuff.

There is a Poll right now that you can enter to win a Pop Prototype
https://www.smugglersbounty.com/blog/poll-enter-to-win-a-mystery-star-wars-pop-prototype

BUT... looking at the options for the poll... it made me wish there was an option for "NONE OF THESE". lol

...seriously? POGS? ....pogs. like... the thing that was popular over 20 years ago and nobody has spoken about ever since? pogs?!

View attachment 260528

Agreed I want none of the above if those are future options those boxes are going to get worse

I mean I though originally this was mainly going to be about Pop vinyl (along with the other sub boxes) but it seems to me like they are just using it to peddle new merch to collect now.

Reactions: Flash
I mean I though originally this was mainly going to be about Pop vinyl (along with the other sub boxes) but it seems to me like they are just using it to peddle new merch to collect now.
That's what all these subscription boxes are.