Completed Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Season 7) [Disney+]

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A

Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Reporting in for another tour of duty.
sdcc18-tcw-poster.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: frankfish44 and kaw
Recently did a re-watch of this series, and I was entirely surprised HOW MANY episodes of this show are not good. I made a list of every episode I considered to be good and came out with 38 episodes- out of a 121 episode run.

So yikes, 1/3rd is... not great.
The good news is, is that now that Lucas is out of the picture, I’m hoping the show is a little more tonally consistent. And a lot of the better episodes of the series are backloaded on to the latter seasons of the show.

Not sure if anyone else has been watching the final season of this...

So far I thought the season as been "ok". The first couple episodes with the The Bad Batch were pretty good, But the following few episodes with the Martez sisters were just horrible IMO. I almost stopped watching.
Luckily this last episode (Old Friends Not Forgotten) was AMAZING!!!

If you haven't been watching. Just jump in on that episode. Its top notch!

Not sure if anyone else has been watching the final season of this...

So far I thought the season as been "ok". The first couple episodes with the The Bad Batch were pretty good, But the following few episodes with the Martez sisters were just horrible IMO. I almost stopped watching.
Luckily this last episode (Old Friends Not Forgotten) was AMAZING!!!

If you haven't been watching. Just jump in on that episode. Its top notch!

Agreed.
“Old Friends Not Forgotten” feels like the first episode of this season that actually feels like it’s from a NEW season- a season with the benefit of having taken such an extended break and coming back with something to reinvigorate it.

And I have the sinking suspicion that this was probably the first episode that was fully developed for this new season without Lucas’ direct input, and not based on pre-existing story-boards and outlines. This is the type of content I was HOPING we would get for this whole season. But... I guess- better late than never? xD

Reactions: kaw
Hearing how good Clones Wars was I added to my watch list as soon as I got Disney+...... watched the first series and half the second and was simply too much of a slog. Maybe I’m too old? Just didn’t seem to be aimed at my demographic.

Should I skip ahead to a particular season/episode?

Reactions: kaw and FN-2187
Hearing how good Clones Wars was I added to my watch list as soon as I got Disney+...... watched the first series and half the second and was simply too much of a slog. Maybe I’m too old? Just didn’t seem to be aimed at my demographic.

Should I skip ahead to a particular season/episode?

I would say 60% of the Clone Wars is garbage.
Of the remaining 40%, maybe about 10% of the episodes are good or possibly even great?

There’s nothing wrong with not being able to stomach the show because most of it is quite the slog- the few highlight moments of the show definitely aren’t worth having to suffer through the entirety of the series.

If you’re at all curious about this show, watch Season 4, Episodes 7, 8, 9, and 10:
“Darkness on Umbara”
“The General”
“The Plan of Dissent”
“The Carnage of Krell”

It’s a 4-parter and I would say it culminates with the single best episode of the entire series.

If you like those episodes, there are few other good episodes of the series. And don’t be afraid to jump around in the series, because it’s not told in chronological order anyways.

Reactions: kaw and Punker76
I would say 60% of the Clone Wars is garbage.
Of the remaining 40%, maybe about 10% of the episodes are good or possibly even great?

There’s nothing wrong with not being able to stomach the show because most of it is quite the slog- the few highlight moments of the show definitely aren’t worth having to suffer through the entirety of the series.

If you’re at all curious about this show, watch Season 4, Episodes 7, 8, 9, and 10:
“Darkness on Umbara”
“The General”
“The Plan of Dissent”
“The Carnage of Krell”

It’s a 4-parter and I would say it culminates with the single best episode of the entire series.

If you like those episodes, there are few other good episodes of the series. And don’t be afraid to jump around in the series, because it’s not told in chronological order anyways.

That’s awesome, thanks for the recommendations on episodes.

I’ve loved Star Wars since I was a kid so I’m definitely curious.

It’s probably for the best. xD
Overall the show is... not as good as Rebels. Or Tartakovsky’s Clone Wars.

WOW. Todays episode was everything I wanted and more. The score. The tone. The dramatic weight to..
Order 66. It was handled even better then it was in RotS.
These last 3 eps have all been A+ and I can't wait to see how they end it.

I think this arc is a MUST SEE for any Star Wars Fan.

WOW. Todays episode was everything I wanted and more. The score. The tone. The dramatic weight to..
Order 66. It was handled even better then it was in RotS.
These last 3 eps have all been A+ and I can't wait to see how they end it.

I think this arc is a MUST SEE for any Star Wars Fan.

Yeah! These last few episodes were really good.
And it definitely feels like a kick to the gut how good this series can be without Lucas’ direct involvement. Maybe if this approach had been taken from the beginning, the series as a whole would actually feel like a worthwhile watch from beginning to end-?

Regardless- these past 3 episodes have been supremely impressive. It takes the darker tone that was present in Rebels’ latter half, while not getting bogged down in a lot of the unnecessary flourishes.

This previous episode was REALLY great for its direction and Carpenter-esque score that proves how effective Star Wars can be when it doesn’t feel restrained by ONLY sounding like John Williams orchestra. It really adds to the tension while you’re waiting for that Order 66 boot to drop.

Also-
It was odd for me going from Matt Lantar’s Anakin Skywalker voice in one episode to hearing Hayden Christensen’s in the next.