Completed Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Season 7) [Disney+]

Yeah! These last few episodes were really good.
And it definitely feels like a kick to the gut how good this series can be without Lucas’ direct involvement. Maybe if this approach had been taken from the beginning, the series as a whole would actually feel like a worthwhile watch from beginning to end-?

Regardless- these past 3 episodes have been supremely impressive. It takes the darker tone that was present in Rebels’ latter half, while not getting bogged down in a lot of the unnecessary flourishes.

This previous episode was REALLY great for its direction and Carpenter-esque score that proves how effective Star Wars can be when it doesn’t feel restrained by ONLY sounding like John Williams orchestra. It really adds to the tension while you’re waiting for that Order 66 boot to drop.

Also-
It was odd for me going from Matt Lantar’s Anakin Skywalker voice in one episode to hearing Hayden Christensen’s in the next.

Imagine having a whole series with this level of care. These last few episodes have been some of the best star wars.

I wonder if someone who hasn't seen any Clone Wars, if they just watched these episodes if it would mean as much?

Also-
It was odd for me going from Matt Lantar’s Anakin Skywalker voice in one episode to hearing Hayden Christensen’s in the next.

I watched it a few times. I pretty sure its a mix of both. It starts with HC and ends with ML. Either way I think they handled it right. Fanboys would have been mad if they changed it maybe?

Imagine having a whole series with this level of care. These last few episodes have been some of the best star wars.

I wonder if someone who hasn't seen any Clone Wars, if they just watched these episodes if it would mean as much?

I watched it a few times. I pretty sure its a mix of both. It starts with HC and ends with ML. Either way I think they handled it right. Fanboys would have been mad if they changed it maybe?

I’m not sure. Honestly- I didn’t even LIKE most of Clone Wars but these last few episodes have still impressed me. Honestly- I think it would be better if people HADN’T watched the series in it’s entirety that way the good parts aren’t sullied by all the Jar Jar Episodes.

Reactions: kaw
So having FINISHED the Clone Wars-
I will say that final episode (and by extension the episodes contained within this final arc) is well-crafted. With slick directing that emphasized the emotional distress of the characters, the episode feels relentless in its build up towards the climatic execution of Order 66. And while the ending can feel a bit unfulfilling in the overall scheme of the Star Wars saga, it provides a wonderful and mature conclusion to these final episodes.

The series as a WHOLE, is rife with tonal inconsistencies, an inherent lack of focus, and somewhat baffling placement and execution of story arcs that seem to detract from the scale and devastation of the clone wars, instead of adding to it. The series seems to halfheartedly commit to both be mature and dark while simultaneously being for children- and while neither of these are inherently bad, they are mutually exclusive to one another- and the resulting mess of a series feels completely bereft of any one thing that would make either of those approaches better.

Is the series completely unwatchable? No. There are good episodes littered throughout it’s 7 seasons- but those episodes feel few and far between, especially when the episodes interspersed throughout can sometimes feel offensively bad.

Is the series worth watching? Also, no. I feel as if everything that the series attempted to do, has been done better in other forms of Star Wars Media. Due to the series’ almost lackadaisical handling of every theme it tries to touch on, it feels like everything is underdeveloped and by extension- comes across as underwhelming.

I don’t know what exactly changed in the creation of these last 4 episodes and the entirety of the series preceding it, but I wish that the show would’ve had the type of focus and quality from the very beginning.

If you’re looking for visually entertaining battles that creatively frame lightsaber combat while also using its visual style to explore the growth of Anakin Skywalker? Then watch the 2003-2005 Clone Wars Microseries by Genndy Tartakovsky.

Looking for a mature story that explores the morality and politics of the Clone Wars through the conflicted eyes of the INDIVIDUALS that are used as canon fodder by the hypocritical Jedi Order? Then read Karen Traviss’ Republic Commando Novels.

Want a classic Star Wars adventure story about a lost soul who becomes the hero, not by birthright but by the sheer will required to do what’s right? A story where the abilities and constitution of the main cast is tested through the increasingly dire and devastating might of the evil they oppose? Then watch Star Wars: Rebels.

And if you just want to see Clone Troopers blasting droids? Then just play Battlefront 2.

For what it’s worth, I’ll never complain about MORE Star Wars content. I just ask that whatever is set out to be made that it be made with a purpose, and too much of Clone Wars feels like stumbling around in the dark trying to find a justification for the series to exist. It truly does feel like a shame that this series seems to FINALLY have found its footing, only for it to do so in it’s conclusion.

6.5/10

@FN-2187 I'm just going to choose to remember those last 4 episodes and forget almost everything else. haha

Its crazy how good those final 4 were.
Like... it could be up there with some of my favorite Star Wars content they were that good.

I think this is a great sign moving forward with Star Wars on the small screen, from The Mandalorian to Obi Wan (and maybe a possible Ahsoka spinoff).
If thats the quality we are going to get, I'm pumped.

Reactions: FN-2187
@FN-2187 I'm just going to choose to remember those last 4 episodes and forget almost everything else. haha

Its crazy how good those final 4 were.
Like... it could be up there with some of my favorite Star Wars content they were that good.

I think this is a great sign moving forward with Star Wars on the small screen, from The Mandalorian to Obi Wan (and maybe a possible Ahsoka spinoff).
If thats the quality we are going to get, I'm pumped.

We can only hope!
There was a post about Lucasfilm Animation continuing on at Disney, and while some have suspected that that implies Clone Wars could potentially have more seasons (which I doubt is the case) I hope it means we continue getting more varied forms of Star Wars content!

I’m looking forward to the second season of The Mandalorian, Kenobi will be in good hands with Deborah Chow, and I am also certain that we will end up seeing an Ahsoka spin-off series after she makes her live action Debut in The Mandalorian Season 2! The only thing I’m cautious about is the Cassian Andor series... because... well... who cares? xD

I’m looking forward to the second season of The Mandalorian, Kenobi will be in good hands with Deborah Chow, and I am also certain that we will end up seeing an Ahsoka spin-off series after she makes her live action Debut in The Mandalorian Season 2! The only thing I’m cautious about is the Cassian Andor series... because... well... who cares? xD

Wow I totally forgot about the Cassian Andor series! haha
I think they need to stop doing prequels to things. Focus more on the future where we don't know the outcome.

I was able to watch this final season and like you guys have said those last 4 episodes are just wow :thanks:
Normally I would just casually watch each episode while doing something else, but this ending made me drop everything and sit & watch the ending properly.
Very impressed and I dare say better than some of those sequel trilogy movies.

Reactions: FN-2187