Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #40) [China]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: July 20, 2017 (TBC)
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
Note: 3 discs release (3D+BD+BD bonus)
HDN Group Buy: One Click $200 - Double lenti $70 - Single lenti $63 - Full Slip $61
Limit 1 x One Click, 2 x other versions per person

9a438038gy1ffysj8bwgbj21kw12lqbq.jpg 9a438038gy1ffysiruvyrj21kw12jn7u.jpg 9a438038gy1ffysiobe4lj21kw12l7g0.jpg 9a438038gy1ffysiivq2rj21kw12l13q.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There are three people or teams who have already done high-quality restorations of the original trilogy. Really, all Lucasfilm has to do is just pay one of them for the work they've already done and then release it as an official version. There's the issue of 20th Century Fox still owning distribution for Episode 4, but I suspect Fox and Disney could find some kind of happy arrangement to make it happen.

Gareth Edwards said a week or two ago that he was shown a 4K restoration of Episode 4 at Lucasfilm before he started work on Rogue One, but there's no confirmation of whether that's the non-Special Edition or otherwise. Whatever the case, an official 4K print of at least the first film, in some version, exists. And...this is the 40th anniversary of it. Too much to hope (pun intended) for a theatrical rerelease and then a blu-ray/4K disc?

Oooooh yeah; I like the way you're thinking ::)

"Fortieth Anniversary ~Edition, the original uncut Star Wars with full 4k resoration." It says on the poster, then I wake up - lol

Let's hope it becomes a reality - If you're listening, I'll settle for 2k Mr Lucas :)

• Thanks
Reactions: jammmy
Oooooh yeah; I like the way you're thinking ::)

"Fortieth Anniversary ~Edition, the original uncut Star Wars with full 4k resoration." It says on the poster, then I wake up - lol

Let's hope it becomes a reality - If you're listening, I'll settle for 2k Mr Lucas :)

Nah, 3D versions for me all day long. And don't bother asking Mr Lucas, you'd just end up with a UHD version of the butchered releases :rolleyes:.

The artwork would need to be something special as the current release is really nice.

I agree, the 3D release is great. However, they wasted a great opportunity for making it outstanding by deciding to leave the back of the slip box just blank.

Hmmm ... just an embossed title isn't enough tbh. The artwork on the steelbook doesn't blow me away. The US had a nice debossed steelbook already which I bought ... I need to see the slips Blufans are going to pull out for this one before deciding.

• Thanks
Reactions: tono06 and yy0925
Not decidedly different from the US steel but the back is nice. The contrast in lightsabers and backgrounds make for an interesting design choice. But Blufans has a lot to prove for this release as they've been making us wait for eons and they need to blow us away with their slips as Novamedia's already done a fine job with theirs

• Thanks
Reactions: InAFalsetto
Looks ok, but not really impressive like the Marvel Movies. Anyway I deceided before that I would not buy this and it looks like I will not regret that decision.