Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on July 16 around 9 AM for Red Carpet subscribers, and around 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

12645253-8504782625454979.jpg

12645253-1384782625596285.jpg 12645253-1654782625786989.jpg 12645253-8304782625738341.jpg

Last edited:
It's the North American theatrical release poster. Blufans doesn't own it. Disney can use it wherever they want.

World Exclusive Art SteelBook is a term used by manufacturers, retailers and collectors but what does it really mean?

We take it to mean that it is the only SteelBook using that art at that time. That doesn't mean it will never be used again.
Thanks for the lecture, I’m collecting steelbooks and posters for years so I’m completely aware of what Disney can do. They can do whatever they want as long as it doesn’t violate any contracts. Still it doesn’t mean that they should do certain things.
Whatever, I’m not buying this anyway. Disney lost all my respect in the last 5-10 years anyway.

I find the lack of consistency with the pre-order dates, disturbing. I don't understand the logic behind not following a pattern for the releases.
have they not:
1. announced three films in three consecutive weeks (original trilogy, around may the 4th thru the end of may)
2. waited a week or two, then announced three more in three consecutive weeks (prequel trilogy),
3. waited another week or two (since the revenge of the sith pre-order went live), then teased TFA earlier today so that'll probably be up for pre-order this thursday

who knows if they'll do 5 consecutive weeks from here on out and include rogue one and solo between sequel movies, or just announce the sequel trilogy over the next 3 weeks, but that still seems like a consistent pattern.

have they not:
1. announced three films in three consecutive weeks (original trilogy, around may the 4th thru the end of may)
2. waited a week or two, then announced three more in three consecutive weeks (prequel trilogy),
3. waited another week or two (since the revenge of the sith pre-order went live), then teased TFA earlier today so that'll probably be up for pre-order this thursday

who knows if they'll do 5 consecutive weeks from here on out and include rogue one and solo between sequel movies, or just announce the sequel trilogy over the next 3 weeks, but that still seems like a consistent pattern.

I’m pretty sure they released them with a week in between. Another question I have with this is, like with ROTJ they teased that a little over a week before it went live. Also I wonder if Rogue One and Solo will say “A Star Wars Story...” or “Star Wars: Rouge One” considering Disney has ditched the “Episode ..” from the titles for this release

Reactions: a_o
I feel very complete just having the first 6 movies. I have the sequel 3 for reference on Bluray but I honestly can't stand the films and don't feel like I can buy them again, even realising that an entire collection will be good for future value.

Reactions: hatredhorror
have they not:

I make the pre-order schedule:

A new hope-7th May
Empire -21st May
Return of the Jedi- 28th May
Phantom Menace- 11th June
Attack of the Clones- 25th June
Revenge of the Sith - 9th July
The Force Awakens- 16th July

So release, 2 weeks, release, 1 week, release,
2 week wait between trilogies
release, 2 weeks, release, 2 weeks, release
Then no wait between trilogies with release this Thursday for TFA.

That makes no sense to me, but monthly would have made perfect sense. I do hope it's weekly for the next 5.

Not confirmed, but I'm just going on their consistency with teasing on Monday and releasing on Thursday. The only exception so far has been RotJ, but I think that was teased early because of the bad reaction to ESB, so they wanted to get people back on side with the good artwork again.

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Sooooo it's doubtful anyone knows this but I wonder if BluFans will ever release Ep9 or Solo? I love their steels but will consider replacing them for the 4K discs in these if the finish is up to par

@DMD4k @TheCollector86 Very true, I may have to pre-order this as if the same border style is used for all of these movies, Blufans will stick out like a sore thumb. Zavvi have got me hook, line and sinker!

Why will blufans stick out like a sore thumb? It’s a separate collection?

@Flloydo I display steels and store the slips away. All of this Zavvi wave so far have a thin white/silver border, we don't know the finish or 'bossing and if they end up on my shelf, no doubt the spines are different

Reactions: Flloydo
@Flloydo I display steels and store the slips away. All of this Zavvi wave so far have a thin white/silver border, we don't know the finish or 'bossing and if they end up on my shelf, no doubt the spines are different

fair enough

Will you not have your blufans collection separate to zavvi though? Please don’t tell me you merge zavvi/ WWA steels with premium steels! Please don't tell me that

@Flloydo yeah, I'm annoyed with my Star Wars collection so far so none of it is displayed. No ep 9 or Solo from BFs just makes it look naff so they're all stored away.
Lol, no I do mix and match steels with slips though eg. some Nova Choices. All my Marvel that are displayed are premium steels apart from Zavvi's orangey Ant-man and Wasp (and Zavvi's new Endgame once that arrives)

Reactions: Flloydo
@Flloydo yeah, I'm annoyed with my Star Wars collection so far so none of it is displayed. No ep 9 or Solo from BFs just makes it look naff so they're all stored away.
Lol, no I do mix and match steels with slips though eg. some Nova Choices. All my Marvel that are displayed are premium steels apart from Zavvi's orangey Ant-man and Wasp (and Zavvi's new Endgame once that arrives)

yeah it is disappointing we haven’t had rise and solo from blufans. I’m still holding on to hope though. I think the zavvi solo could look great if they pick the right art. I have a feeling they will pick the art I want blufans to use but oh well. If zavvi/ Disney use blufans force awakens steel art then I’m sure the same can happen for solo

I’ve done that too with some (not many). One of my favourite mix and matches is the nova age of Ultron WEA magnetic lenti & steel 1/4 slip merged with the nova choice (wwa) AOU full slip. Makes a great team

Reactions: davhyl