Release date: March 27, 2018
Purchase links: 4K - BD
Price: $34.99 (4K) - $29.99 (BD)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21
Note: Spot varnish and debossed title treatment

viii.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@winter_soldier

I don't take notice of the print runs so I can't say for sure but I believe that GOTG 2 and Rogue One were higher than 2000.

Of course sadly, the higher the print run the more disappointed the collectors are.
I believe they like the lower print runs as long as they get a copy.

If I'm not mistaken, GotG Vol. 2 had a 3.500 print run and Rogue One probably has the same quantity.
I for one am happy whenever there's a large enough print run so everybody who wants a copy, gets a copy. That doesn't make me less of a collector, though. ;) (I'm not implying you meant that. @Stygian)

If I'm not mistaken, GotG Vol. 2 had a 3.500 print run and Rogue One probably has the same quantity.
I for one am happy whenever there's a large enough print run so everybody who wants a copy, gets a copy. That doesn't make me less of a collector, though. ;) (I'm not implying you meant that. @Stygian)

Thank you for posting those numbers. I'm guessing that The Last Jedi will have similar numbers if not higher.

My apologies. I should have said that some collectors are disappointed when the print run is higher.
I don't know any names in particular, I've only read comments like that here from time to time.
I know not everyone feels that way. I don't care what the print run totals are for any product. I always want everybody to get a chance to buy what they want (if the price allows it).

Besides, you're not really a collector. You're just some guy with a clever login name ;).

I kid of course. :)

So- I was just scrolling through twitter- and I found this post of what I think would make an absolutely gorgeous Steelbook for Star Wars and I am just hoping that at some point- we get actual "art" on these Steelbooks.

YES YES..... yes.............. But only one problem,:whistle::whistle: its like a painting done by hand, don't know who will take it out.:bag::ohno::ohno::ohno:

The original image for this steelbook looked like it had black edges, which might make an interesting frame together with the black spine. The latest pictures look like the spine is still black but the other edges are white. Interested to see the final version. I think the black spine looks out of place with the rest of the design, unless the edges of the covers are also black.

I think I'm more interested in seeing the various steelbooks for this movie than I am in watching the movie again. :)

im not bothered that it doesnt match all the other star wars steels, as for me this movie is the end of star wars, or not even star wars. so im glad its not in the same style .