Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (4K+2D and 3D+2D SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 20, 2020
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D - 4K+2D Collector's Edition - 3D+2D Collector's Edition
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £25.99 (3D+2D) - £67.99 (4K+2D Collector's Edition) - £59.99 (3D+2D Collector's Edition)
Notes: Collector’s Edition Includes: SteelBook + High quality metal slip case with embossed detail + 4 Art Cards + Two collector pin badges. Limited to 2000 units.

02a.jpg swtrosze.jpg
03A.jpg 04.jpg

12430281-1004729727968614.jpg

Last edited:
Sure, give codes to a select few in PM but ask for codes from everybody in open forums... :LOL:
Where or when have I asked for codes?

Especially when Zavvi have emailed me my own personal one which I don't particularly want to abuse......

If it's an open code, then sure. But if it's by invitation only and Zavvi see thousands of people using it all of a sudden, then you know they're going to shut it down then straight away.

Where or when have I asked for codes?

Especially when Zavvi have emailed me my own personal one which I don't particularly want to abuse......
Does this really matter?
I thought we are here a SHARING community!
Should we understand that you are "apart" from this?
If you really got personal code from Zavvi, then is quite simple:
- use your own codes/links, and let us "others" enjoy that little extra something that some people that are of a REALLY GREAT character share with us!

Last edited:
Does this really matter?
I thought we are here a SHARING community!
Should we understand that you are "apart" from this?
If you really got pesonal code from Zavvi, then is simple:
- use your own codes then, and let us "others" enjoy that little extra something!
It matters to be accused of something which it sounds like I take, take, take but give nothing to this community.

I don't appreciate that.....

It matters to be accused of something which it sounds like I take, take, take but give nothing to this community.

I don't appreciate that.....
Well, you get (half of a) point here, cause indeed is not nice or fair to be accused of something one does not do.

BUT I'm almost certain @Stygian was referring at US as a community, not just you, and believe me, we "the others" (that do not live in UK and IR, where you have ALL THE BENEFITS), we DO ASK and APPRECIATE every single (even small) share that help us get some nice items, and if we get the chance to get even the tiniest discount, then even better! Just so you know, for me EVERY SINGLE ORDER I place to Zavvi, costs me shipping 6.99 GBP standard and 9.99 GBP tracked (and most of the times, I choose tracked, get charged but never get the shipping with tracking).
Furthermore, I think you should not be so alarmed, as long as this link+code clearly works JUST on the German website.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Well, you get (half of a) point here, cause indeed is not nice or fair to be accused of something one does not do.

BUT I'm almost certain @Stygian was referring at US as a community, not just you, and believe me, we "the others" (that do not live in UK and IR, where you have ALL THE BENEFITS), we DO ASK and APPRECIATE every single (even small) share that help us get some nice items, and if we get the chance to get even the tiniest discount, then even better! Just so you know, for me EVERY SINGLE ORDER I place to Zavvi, costs me shipping 6.99 GBP standard and 9.99 GBP tracked (and most of the times, I choose tracked, get charged but never get the shipping with tracking).
Furthermore, I think you should not be so alarmed, as long as this link+code clearly works JUST on the German website.

We get benefits here? :confused:

if I order outside the U.K. to the U.K. I pay more in shipping than the prices you just quoted for ordering from outside the U.K. with the exception of amazon France, Germany and Italy (but I’m sure that’s the same for everyone)

zavvi is a U.K. company, therefore it will be cheaper for us in terms of shipping just like any retailer will be in your own country. Also, 80% of their steelbooks will be available in other countries (maybe your own) especially WWA steelbooks. Surely that would be cheaper

Last edited:
We get benefits here? :confused:

if I order outside the U.K. to the U.K. I pay more in shipping than the prices you just quoted for ordering from outside the U.K. with the exception of amazon France, Germany and Italy (but I’m sure that’s the same for everyone)

zavvi is a U.K. company, therefore it will be cheaper for us in terms of shipping just like any retailer will be in your own country. Also, 80% of their steelbooks will be available in other countries (maybe your own) especially WWA steelbooks. Surely that would be cheaper
Hey Flloydo, glad you chipped in!
Yet, here and now, was only about ordering from Zavvi, which all of us know, is an UK based company and if not all, then the majority of the SteelBooks that we purchase from them, come from UK (yes, yes, Guernsey :p), and you can’t say in UK don’t have benefits, like Free Shipping, Overnight Shipping, Red Carpet with all the perks it brings, like early/advance ordering, etc., and not to mention the possibility to return items (damaged or not), quickly and easy (maybe even free).

On the other hand, rest assured, we all also have to pay extra when ordering abroad (import, and I for one, EVERYTHING I purchase is “importedl, therefore I have to pay for shipping too, even if it is from those “exceptions” that you mentioned.

So, peace! We are all here because we all have a common things we like: MOVIES and SERIES! Let’s enjoy them at the lowest possible price, by sharing any information we can!

Have a good one...

Hey Flloydo, glad you chipped in!
Yet, here and now, was only about ordering from Zavvi, which all of us know, is an UK based company and if not all, then the majority of the SteelBooks that we purchase from them, come from UK (yes, yes, Guernsey :p), and you can’t say in UK don’t have benefits, like Free Shipping, Overnight Shipping, Red Carpet with all the perks it brings, like early/advance ordering, etc., and not to mention the possibility to return items (damaged or not), quickly and easy (maybe even free).

On the other hand, rest assured, we all also have to pay extra when ordering abroad (import, and I for one, EVERYTHING I purchase is “importedl, therefore I have to pay for shipping too, even if it is from those “exceptions” that you mentioned.

So, peace! We are all here because we all have a common things we like: MOVIES and SERIES! Let’s enjoy them at the lowest possible price, by sharing any information we can!

Have a good one...

amazon offer next day delivery which you pay extra for, red carpet is a yearly fee (which has been rolled out in the U.K. first) and no one outside the US can order from Best Buy etc which sometimes have the better finishes on WWA so I don’t really see the U.K. to have any benefits compared to the next country.

And you don’t need to remind me what we’re here for! Peace

Reactions: Stuc
Just got back from seeing this. I enjoyed it. Much better than the last Jedi

As much as I appreciate the effort behind this release with a metal slip and unique artwork, the look of it just seems very uninspired. Lots of Empire troop helmets and not much else. I'd much prefer something like the concept mock ups you guys came up with, but with Blufans potentially not contributing anytime soon, I wonder if there will be any choice.

Well, I expect the WWA steel to be also rather random and uninspired anyway. I'll stick it into @zesty 's custom lenti slip (that I hope he will make for this one) anyway, like with TLJ (especially as it goes quite well with the TFA 3D digipak).

Well, I expect the WWA steel to be also rather random and uninspired anyway. I'll stick it into @zesty 's custom lenti slip (that I hope he will make for this one) anyway, like with TLJ (especially as it goes quite well with the TFA 3D digipak).
Good luck with that, @zesty hasn't been here since July and I and a few others have been unable to reach him on social media as well.

I wonder if the US will get a different steel like last Jedi. I’m hoping we get the art thats in the us thread.