Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (4K+2D and 3D+2D SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 20, 2020
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D - 4K+2D Collector's Edition - 3D+2D Collector's Edition
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £25.99 (3D+2D) - £67.99 (4K+2D Collector's Edition) - £59.99 (3D+2D Collector's Edition)
Notes: Collector’s Edition Includes: SteelBook + High quality metal slip case with embossed detail + 4 Art Cards + Two collector pin badges. Limited to 2000 units.

02a.jpg swtrosze.jpg
03A.jpg 04.jpg

12430281-1004729727968614.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I'm new to this, so please correct me if I'm wrong... anyway, I saw this gorgeous CE and I really want to pick it up but I'm afraid it won't have the correct subtitles (I understand it with for example English subtitles but my family won't..) so does anyone have some advice? Thanks!

was considering ordering this but apparently Zavvi is charging international customers for VAT...since when is this ok. I haven't put in an order since 2017 so I'm actually wondering...
Zavvi dont list Vat as paid on International orders never have done.

You only see Vat as paid in your order if you are based in UK and order is been shipped to a UK address.

Some Countries Custums might look for Vat payment if value of goods over the import threshold for your country
Some countries customs more strict than others

Zavvi are based in Guernsey Channel Islands
Prices on Zavvi UK website include Vat but it's not removed like Amazon do if you are ordering from outside the UK.

There has been no changes since you last ordered in 2017 it's the same as always apart from shipping price increases to some countries

This might change though from January 1st 2021 in regards to Vat been applied at checkout if been shipped to a EU address

Last edited:
Zavvi dont include Vat as paid on International orders never have done.

You only see Vat as paid in your order if you are based in UK and order is been shipped to a UK address.

Some Countries Custums might look for Vat payment if value of goods over the import threshold for your country
Some countries customs more strict than others

Zavvi are based in Guernsey Channel Islands

but when i get to the checkout screen the order summary indicates the total advertised amount plus shipping. i was under the impression that the advertised price includes 20% VAT which should be deducted at checkout for international customers. Am I wrong? I am based in Canada.

but when i get to the checkout screen the order summary indicates the total advertised amount plus shipping. i was under the impression that the advertised price includes 20% VAT which should be deducted at checkout for international customers. Am I wrong? I am based in Canada.
Zavvi dont remove Vat at checkout never have
It's only UK customers who see Vat breakdown in their order.

Prices listed on Zavvi Website dont include Vat for international customers even though price is not reduced
Zavvi dont operate like Amazon

Zavvi shipping of orders is from Guernsey
Guernsey is the Channel Islands these are not part of the UK but Vat breakdown applies if ordering from UK.

You may still have custums look for Vat import duty etc payment in your country if price is over the import threshold.

Zavvi get around the Vat issue by using shipping from Guernsey

It's a loophole still that has not been fully stopped.

In ideal situation yes it would be good if Zavvi removed vat from price at checkout but they dont have to as your order dont list vat as been included

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bojee
Hey everyone! I'm new to this, so please correct me if I'm wrong... anyway, I saw this gorgeous CE and I really want to pick it up but I'm afraid it won't have the correct subtitles (I understand it with for example English subtitles but my family won't..) so does anyone have some advice? Thanks!
Hey, welcome to HDN! Pleasure to have you here. :)

If past Disney Star Wars discs are anything to go by, then there should be a wide selection of subtitles available. What subs are you hoping for exactly?

Nice, I'll definitely buy it then! Also, one more thing, when I looked up zavvi i read that they sometimes have crappy packaging do they still have that?
used to be the white boxes but think it depends where they send from, on odd occasion when then run out used to get bad packaging but i haven't had a recent order from zavvi but bet you @paulboland has he should be able to help here.

Nice, I'll definitely buy it then! Also, one more thing, when I looked up zavvi i read that they sometimes have crappy packaging do they still have that?
Zavvi use white cardboard boxes for steelbooks
These are wrap around with a flap to open
93255681_10221061419985728_6258977946933919744_o.jpg

On rare occasions Zavvi had run out of the white boxes but it's been over a year since that last happened

Note the Star Wars collectors editions these will be shipped in boxes varied in size and type used or bubble mailers and is lucky dip on the day what is used by the person packaging your order at the warehouse
Your order may arrive in a box packaging or a standard bubble mailer

Some will get very lucky and arrive in decent box packaging

The collectors editions are to big to use the standard white boxes

Last edited:
As its the collectors edition, it'll be bigger so they won't use the white boxes. When I ordered the Captain Marvel CE, which I imagine this will be a similar size to, they used a plastic bag with one layer of bubble wrap. Needless to say, it arrived with some dents to the outer box of the product. However, I do know that some people did receive better packaging than I did

As its the collectors edition, it'll be bigger so they won't use the white boxes. When I ordered the Captain Marvel CE, which I imagine this will be a similar size to, they used a plastic bag with one layer of bubble wrap. Needless to say, it arrived with some dents to the outer box of the product. However, I do know that some people did receive better packaging than I did
Aah alright, thanks guys! I hope it will be fine then. Do you guys know when they start shipping it?

Aah alright, thanks guys! I hope it will be fine then. Do you guys know when they start shipping it?
Possibly from next Wednesday/Thursday/Friday
You can expect payment be taken on either of those days
There is a slight chance payment taken as early as Tuesday
Zavvi start to charge debit/credit card once they have the stock at the warehouse ready to be picked and shipped

Note
There has been delays recently with Zavvi shipping some pre orders some have been shipped on release date or day after likely due to what's happening with delays in shipping due to COVID-19

Leaning towards Best Buy's for the extra "bonus disc"...
All releases have the same Bonus Disc
Best Buy and Zavvi 4K releases have the same 3 discs
UHD Disc (Film)
Blu-ray Disc (Film)
Bonus Blu-ray Disc (Extras)
Only difference in regards to the discs between Best Buy and UK release is UK having BBFC Logos on the discs

3D release is also 3 Discs
3D Disc (Film)
Blu-ray Disc (Film)
Bonus Blu-ray Disc (eXTRAS)

There is a Target Exclusive ( 4 Discs) this has a Bonus DVD with exclusive content that release is not a steelbook

Last edited:
So the US and UK versions are pretty much identical? debossed title to front with spot gloss and title on the spine?

One difference I can tell is that the Zavvi version appears to have a spine that matches the Force Awakens and Last Jedi steelbooks (Lucasfilm at the top and the blu-ray logo at the bottom). The US Best Buy Rise of Skywalker steelbook has the 4K UHD symbol at the top of the spine and the Lucasfilm logo at the bottom.

I'm only talking about the FA and LJ steelbooks that have spines with the movie titles and not the stupid ones with the pictures.

Reactions: spudster