Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (4K+2D and 3D+2D SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 20, 2020
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D - 4K+2D Collector's Edition - 3D+2D Collector's Edition
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £25.99 (3D+2D) - £67.99 (4K+2D Collector's Edition) - £59.99 (3D+2D Collector's Edition)
Notes: Collector’s Edition Includes: SteelBook + High quality metal slip case with embossed detail + 4 Art Cards + Two collector pin badges. Limited to 2000 units.

02a.jpg swtrosze.jpg
03A.jpg 04.jpg

12430281-1004729727968614.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm. Still waiting for my dispatch notice. Still showing as processing. Looks like a very nice edition.

I know that residents of the U.S. don't have to pay duty fees on anything under $800 but I thought somebody mentioned somewhere that DHL charges a delivery fee. Perhaps it's only when they have to collect duty fees or maybe it was just in Europe.
I've made several orders from Amazon Japan and have never paid any fees. I've also received DHL packages from Germany and some other countries and have never had to pay anything beyond the original shipping cost.

Reactions: Stygian
The box and finish might be nice, but the design doesn't go with the final chapter of the saga at all (not to mention there's no matching editions for the first two films in this trilogy)

Why put a stormtrooper on there? What makes him so special to this film which is about the Skywalkers?

The whole thing is just a pointless cash grab.

The box and finish might be nice, but the design doesn't go with the final chapter of the saga at all (not to mention there's no matching editions for the first two films in this trilogy)

Why put a stormtrooper on there? What makes him so special to this film which is about the Skywalkers?

Agree. It's certainly unique and will no doubt appeal to many, but much prefer the SM Life edition.

This exactly. If they had done Rey on one side and Kylo on the other it would make much more sense or mostly anything else lol. Also Zavvi announcing they cut a deal with Disney to do the other two sequel films in metal special edition cases would have helped too. Otherwise the cost is just not worth it when even a WEA premium fullslip would cost less.

I was tempted to buy this bc the effects to the case but I just could not wrap my head around choosing to put “Dark side” on a movie that concludes by defeating the dark side, hell even Kylo Ren coming back from the dark side too. SMH

Edit: please tell me it’s been long enough that what I wrote is not considered a Spoiler :dunno:

Last edited:
Shipped inside a box inside of another box. That's good. Finally.

But why do I fear this will be a one time thing only and all Titans Of Cult and future CE releases will get the jiffy bag treatment? Same with all releases similar to Jaws, Blues Brothers and American Psycho?

I just received my shipment from DHL a few minutes ago as I write. They delivered at around 9:30PM (PST), which is after business hours. Anyways, I was pleasantly surprised that my 2 copies were shipped in a box. I haven't opened the shipment, but there is no damage to the box. I hope that is how Zavvi will ship box sets in the future, but who knows.

Reactions: DMD4k and Stygian
This does actually look decent. I’ve seen the marvel ones in hand and this is miles better from what I can see In terms of quality.

But I agree with @BluSteel2012 it don’t suit the film at all. Plus these collectors boxes from zavvi are far too expensive for what they are. Although the quality on this one is miles better it makes the marvel ones seem ridiculous in price for the Cheap material used

Reactions: Ephoenix and MM3