Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (4K+2D Blu-ray Box Set) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: March 31, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy.ca
Price: 329.99$ CDN

01.png

02.png03.png04.png

Last edited:
I actually think this is gonna be available everywhere when it comes out, they just haven't announced it yet. I mean we're talking about star wars here, there is no real reason this box should only come out in one or two countries...

I just noticed that this set is showing as sold out for now. I didn't expect that. I thought this would be in stock long after release day. It will probably come back in stock at some point.

For those that may be interested.

The dimensions of the box set are 34 cm x 19 cm x 6 cm and weighs 1.62 kg.

It also includes the digital codes in case anyone wasn't sure.

Basically, the length is the same as 20 steelbooks lined up on a shelf by their spines.
The width is the same width as 3 steelbooks lined up by their spines.
The height is the same height as a steelbook.

Last edited:
For those that may be interested.

The dimensions of the box set are 34 cm x 19 cm x 6 cm and weighs 1.62 kg.

It also includes the digital codes in case anyone wasn't sure.

Basically, the length is the same as 20 steelbooks lined up on a shelf by their spines.
The width is the same width as 3 steelbooks lined up by their spines.
The height is the same height as a steelbook.
Did you get it?

I did only in case it sold out which it did. I figured I would decide over the next month whether or not to keep it.
I just don't know if I really need it. It's damn expensive and I don't have a 4K setup lol.

You don't have a 4K setup? That surprises me. The 4K OLED is easily one of the best purchases I've ever made. I love watching movies more than ever when you get a really nice HDR treatment on a movie.

I did only in case it sold out which it did. I figured I would decide over the next month whether or not to keep it.
I just don't know if I really need it. It's damn expensive and I don't have a 4K setup lol.
For me the issue is that I only like or love 4, 5, 6 and 7. I wish they’d use release steelbooks of each flick separately. That said, I’ll now have time to see reviews of the transfers to see if the original Trilogy is up to snuff.

It's a freaking nice Collector's edition.

But for 380$ CAD… it was hard for me not to order it...
already have the VHS & DVD for the original 4-5-6, Blu-ray set for 1-6 and individual steels 1-9...

4K is future proof so even if you don't have the setup, yet, it will keep its value.
Better not unseal it ATM and see it rise... ;)

Reactions: Stygian
Unseal it? Well that's just crazy talk! ;)

Yeah when it comes to all Blu-ray purchases I tend to keep them sealed until the day comes that I actually decide to finally watch them.

Yeah that $380 hurts. It's the damn tax. The list price is one thing at $329.99. I look at that like "OK it's around 300 bucks."
But then after the tax it's like "Damn! This thing is 400 bucks!" :LOL:

Reactions: nacthenud
For me the issue is that I only like or love 4, 5, 6 and 7. I wish they’d use release steelbooks of each flick separately. That said, I’ll now have time to see reviews of the transfers to see if the original Trilogy is up to snuff.

They probably will release them all in steelbook at some point. But first they want people to buy the individual 4K amaray editions or the big 4K Box Set.

So, apparently The Last Jedi disc in this set is different from the original 4K release. Does anyone have both to see if the image quality is better/worse/same? The original release was infamously restrained in it's HDR usage.

The listing is now gone from Best Buy's site. I really didn't expect that at all.
I had hoped that this would be in stock forever so that I could I get this any time at a much later date.

Like years later.