Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (4K+2D Blu-ray Complete Box Set) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 20, 2020 - April 29, 2024 (Re-release)
Purchase link: Amazon UK (Sold Out) - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £199.99 (Amazon) - £229.99 (Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Box Set - Limited Edition (27 discs) featuring all 9 Saga movies on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and Bonus discs (Blu-ray) for every movie in a special collector's set

Was previously a Amazon UK exclusive

05.jpg
06.jpg07.jpg01.jpg
02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg

Last edited:
Amazon UK Exclusive
Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Box Set - Limited Edition (27 discs) featuring all 9 Saga movies on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and Bonus discs (Blu-ray) for every movie in a special collector's set.

Episode I: Phantom Menace
Episode II: Attack Of The Clones
Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith
Episode IV: A New Hope
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi
Episode VII: The Force Awakens
Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
Episode IX: The Rise Of Skywalker

4K Release of all 9 films is Amazon Exclusive in UK

Packaging likely to be different to USA release and price be cheaper as a result than USA release

So its just the packaging thats limited to Amazon? i want to own the 4k set but all ready own them on blu ray
4K release of all 9 films is 27 discs and is exclusive to Amazon UK in UK
9 4K UHD Discs (Films)
9 Blu-ray Discs (Films + Extras)
9 Bonus Blu-ray Discs (Extras)

Blu-ray is included as Extras are on both the Blu-ray disc of films and Bonus Blu-ray Discs
There will be extras that was not included in previous Blu-ray releases

Each film has as Bonus Extras Blu-ray Disc in Box set

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I hooope the packaging is different than the best buy one. Why not simply make a box set with one digipack per movie with the discs well protected instead of f-ing cardboard pockets. Plus have the covers simply be the Drew Struzan Artworks and maybe make them all a little more similar for the box set in terms of logo sizes etc :) in theory it's the easiest thing in the world to make an incredible star wars box set. Include all of the original cuts, 4K restaurations, durable and protective packaging, never seen before special features, etc. It shouldn't be that difficult for lucasfilm...

I hooope the packaging is different than the best buy one. Why not simply make a box set with one digipack per movie with the discs well protected instead of f-ing cardboard pockets. Plus have the covers simply be the Drew Struzan Artworks and maybe make them all a little more similar for the box set in terms of logo sizes etc :) in theory it's the easiest thing in the world to make an incredible star wars box set. Include all of the original cuts, 4K restaurations, durable and protective packaging, never seen before special features, etc. It shouldn't be that difficult for lucasfilm...
You won't see the original Theatrical unaltered Cuts of 4/5/6 anytime soon on Blu-ray or UHD

That's what I'm thinking too, but hopefully we're proven wrong!

Hopefully

Has anyone noticed that these super big expensive editions from Marvel's Infinity Saga, Game of Thrones Seasons 1-8 and now this, are all....lacking

Like if we are paying a lot give us some cool looking replicas of things from the series/films, official items you won't get anywhere else unless they are fan made. Throw in a higher quality collectors box and some one of a kind steelbooks, you'll have yourself a nice collection. It just seems to be some form of nice look artbook and that's it.

I'd only pay that price if they included the original cuts for Star Wars IV, V and VI

I know bud, and I'm not a fan. :yuck:

What would you like to see different? Is this something that you're considering purchasing? This is a 4K+Blu-ray set and I think, like me, that you don't have a 4K player.

Are you considering the 18 disc Blu-ray set instead?

What would you like to see different? Is this something that you're considering purchasing? This is a 4K+Blu-ray set and I think, like me, that you don't have a 4K player.

Are you considering the 18 disc Blu-ray set instead?
Just something that actually looks pretty special and worth the price I guess... maybe a set along the lines of what @Robsonmonkey described.

I've pre-ordered it (along with the other set) for now, but will most likely cancel closer to release. As for it being 4K, I do hope to upgrade my setup eventually.

Are you ordering any of them mate?

Reactions: Stygian
Just something that actually looks pretty special and worth the price I guess... maybe a set along the lines of what @Robsonmonkey described.

I've pre-ordered it (along with the other set) for now, but will most likely cancel closer to release. As for it being 4K, I do hope to upgrade my setup eventually.

Are you ordering any of them mate?

I will probably put in an order when it becomes available in Canada although I will probably cancel it lol. I would like to have that 4K set just because it's a Star Wars set but I will likely never upgrade to 4K and it's $329 in Canada.

I still have the 3 "Letterboxed" VHS tapes of the original unaltered trilogy, as well as the 3 Special Edition VHS tapes.

I have the 4 DVD box set but I have never watched them. I have 2 different sets of the 9 Blu-ray disc Star Wars Saga. One of them is used and opened the other with Vader on the front is new and sealed and I have never watched any of those either lol.

I have seen all of the movies in the theatre except for the new one. I have only ever watched them at home on VHS, never on DVD or Blu-ray except for The Force Awakens on Blu-ray just before going to see The Last Jedi in the theatre.
I plan to watch VII and VIII on Blu-ray in the next couple of days before seeing the new one.

But I guess I keep buying these sets because it's Star Wars.

Of course I have all of the steelbooks as well. Still sealed of course.

I know I need help. :LOL:

• Friendly
Reactions: Grendel and Noodles
£180 isn't a bad price when you consider you're getting 9 4k movies, 8 of which haven't been released on 4K in physical format yet. Considering that point and the £20 a movie it works out to, it's really not that bad

£180 isn't a bad price when you consider you're getting 9 4k movies, 8 of which haven't been released on 4K in physical format yet. Considering that point and the £20 a movie it works out to, it's really not that bad
The whole point of a boxset (for the consumer at least) is to make a bulk purchase cheaper though, the Iron Man 4k releases are £20 each and I paid £33 for the trilogy box. Even the usual price of that box is a reasonable £40.

Only reason this is a limited edition is to get people to panic buy an overpriced product.

Before anyone mentions the number of discs, a company the size of Disney is paying pennies per disc to include those bonuses.

Reactions: Mararagan and ty233