Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (4K+2D Blu-ray Complete Box Set) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 20, 2020 - April 29, 2024 (Re-release)
Purchase link: Amazon UK (Sold Out) - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £199.99 (Amazon) - £229.99 (Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Box Set - Limited Edition (27 discs) featuring all 9 Saga movies on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and Bonus discs (Blu-ray) for every movie in a special collector's set

Was previously a Amazon UK exclusive

05.jpg
06.jpg07.jpg01.jpg
02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg

Last edited:
Note Third Party Sellers selling the Despecialized editions is not allowed by the creator Harmy

Fanedits and preservations must not be bought or sold.

The torrent files was created for fans to download for free to burn to Blu-ray Discs or other format of their choice themselves and not for the purpose of creating Blu-ray Discs for selling

There is a good few listings that have appeared on Ebay in the last few weeks/days
These are not allowed

True! But you'll find most sellers claim they're only charging for the materials used and their time, hence why they're usually fairly cheap to pick up.

I'm unable to burn them myself (my PC doesn't even have a disc drive lol), so purchasing them is my only option if I want to watch them on my TV.

True! But you'll find most sellers claim they're only charging for the materials used and their time, hence why they're usually fairly cheap to pick up.

I'm unable to burn them myself (my PC doesn't even have a disc drive lol), so purchasing them is my only option if I want to watch them on my TV.
Watch his video he discusses that claim only charging for the materials used and their time
Fanedits are not allowed be bought or sold

Selling them risks Film Studios putting a stop to Fanedits been made

What his video he discusses that claim only charging for the materials used and their time
Fanedits are not allowed be bought or sold

Selling them risks Film Studios putting a stop to Fanedits been made
Well they've been around for years and eBay never removes the listings, soooo...

Well they've been around for years and eBay never removes the listings, soooo...
:shipped: right?

if they hired a full-time hater to snipe each and every listing for despecialized, 4k77, etc. on ebay for copyright infringement they'd be pursuing ebay to remove listings for products they've never sold themselves (and barely 'own' the rights to since they dont 'exist'). the few ebay sellers aren't competing with any of the products disney/BVHV has on the marketplace, even though they're still legally in the wrong.

like, at this point disney should just add the original versions to the MoviesAnywhere/digital releases as bonus features (like the alt cuts of some of the x-men or spider-man movies are) if they're never going to restore, reassemble and release them properly on disc.

They've been around for a while now bud, so lots of info out there... just Google it. ;)

But to sum up... some talented fans used multiple sources to recreate HD versions of the original cuts.

I've never seen the fan-edits myself, so can't really comment on the overall quality, but I know a lot of folks go nuts for it!

This "documentary" I just came across may explain everything you need to know actually...

These are really good. Once you have copies of the Despecialized Editions, your desperation for Lucasfilm to release the original versions will dissipate a lot (or entirely). The other fan edit I recommend is Adywan's Revisited series. He did IV some years ago (currently re-doing it in full HD), and V came out more recently; he'll finish VI once he gets the new 4K scans on disc. He adds new effects, but they are much better done than the official Special Editions. Worth seeing at least once, though the Harmy versions are my go-to.

As for buying discs on ebay—I understand why the editors don't like it, but I also understand that figuring out how to download the files and make them watchable is way beyond casual fans. I've done it a number of times, but it's not much fun. The inner-circle community that's really into this is sometimes not very helpful to people who don't understand what they're doing, so it can be intimidating.

Quite like the big book design.

I've got the Smallville complete collection that was released in the States which uses the same style book. Sturdy and thick and very high quality plus considering that set had DVDs and around 60 of them I never had an issue with any discs ever being scratched so I cant see the more resistant blu rays being an issue

Quite like the big book design.

I've got the Smallville complete collection that was released in the States which uses the same style book. Sturdy and thick and very high quality plus considering that set had DVDs and around 60 of them I never had an issue with any discs ever being scratched so I cant see the more resistant blu rays being an issue
Thats actually great to know. I have put a pre order in but i don't like discs sliding out instead of sitting in trays. At the same time the middle earth book shelf box i have has the same system and that works as well...

I have to get used to the kind of cheap looking outter book design though, and the death star on the box, i don't quite get what the death star has to do with the skywalkers

1577145133810.png

Looks a little like the Disney Pixar one they done.
Disney have released a few of these book style ones now, The 55 Disc Classic collection and the Disney Princess collection, they all seem to get great reviews so don't think there will be any issues with the quality or how the discs are stored.

I'm a fan of these book editions, it's just this particular design I'm not keen on... the original films are known for their groundbreaking visual effects, so they could've easily chosen something a little more iconic and eye-catching for the artwork.

I mean, what is that metal plating design on the book supposed to represent exactly? It looks very generic, like something they just found on Google Images and slapped "Star Wars" over it.

I agree with you, the most boring design they could come up with.

But I'm guessing the connection there is Anakin Skywalker) Darth Vader......

Considering the Death Star is mentioned in Attack of Clones, you see it begin construction in Revenge of the Sith, becomes operational in A New Hope, gets rebuilt in Return of the Jedi, gets mentioned again in the Force Awakens and then Rey & Kylo stand off upon its ruins in Rise of Skywalker.... it’s not that strange it features on the cover.

It doesn't scream Skywalker saga though.. it would be odd if Yoda was on the cover wouldn't it even though you could argue the toss that he's been in 7 movies

41c7056a7d01541bc8a76255e50db617_XL.jpg

This kind of thing would be more fitting in my opinion. It's screams Star Wars and this lightsaber has been passed down and used by a Skywalker in all 3 trilogies

Reactions: Noodles
It doesn't scream Skywalker saga though.. it would be odd if Yoda was on the cover wouldn't it even though you could argue the toss that he's been in 7 movies

41c7056a7d01541bc8a76255e50db617_XL.jpg

This kind of thing would be more fitting in my opinion. It's screams Star Wars and this lightsaber has been passed down and used by a Skywalker in all 3 trilogies
Something like that would be much better!

Reactions: Covcraig
I don't think what we have is bad, I just think it could be better

I personally think they should have the large poster artwork for each film across each page of the book for its respective movie instead of concept art.

Reactions: ty233