Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (4K+2D Blu-ray Complete Box Set) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 20, 2020 - April 29, 2024 (Re-release)
Purchase link: Amazon UK (Sold Out) - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £199.99 (Amazon) - £229.99 (Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga Box Set - Limited Edition (27 discs) featuring all 9 Saga movies on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and Bonus discs (Blu-ray) for every movie in a special collector's set

Was previously a Amazon UK exclusive

05.jpg
06.jpg07.jpg01.jpg
02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg

Last edited:
"An extended version of The Rise of Skywalker will be announced in the coming week, releasing near the end of January, and including 3-5 additional sequences fit into the narrative. This should bring the cut up from 142 minutes to about 165 minutes."

Damn. I just went and saw "The Rise Of Skywalker" yesterday! :LOL: Well I enjoyed it anyway.

"...the official Blu Ray release of The Rise of Skywalker which will have a special J.J. Abrams Director’s Cut version of the film at 185 minutes."

I'll wait for the Blu-ray for the 43 minute longer Director's Cut instead of going to the theater again for the 23 minute longer Extended Cut. Hopefully it's true.

"An extended version of The Rise of Skywalker will be announced in the coming week, releasing near the end of January, and including 3-5 additional sequences fit into the narrative. This should bring the cut up from 142 minutes to about 165 minutes."

Damn. I just went and saw "The Rise Of Skywalker" yesterday! :LOL: Well I enjoyed it anyway.

"...the official Blu Ray release of The Rise of Skywalker which will have a special J.J. Abrams Director’s Cut version of the film at 185 minutes."

I'll wait for the Blu-ray for the 43 minute longer Director's Cut instead of going to the theater again for the 23 minute longer Extended Cut. Hopefully it's true.

I adore the rise of skywalker, but if this is true i'm going to freak out (in the best way possible)

Reactions: Stygian

Lol same here... I only just saw it on Monday, and even then I had to squash it in because I feared it would be leaving cinemas soon and I didn't want to miss it. I'll also just wait for the blu-ray release to see the extended cut anyway.

Reactions: Stygian
Over 26 hours of BONUS FEATURES

Episode I: The Phantom Menace bonus disc (approx. 181 mins)

• "The Beginning" Feature-Length Documentary

• George Lucas On The Digital Revolution

• And much more…

Episode II: Attack of the Clones bonus disc (approx. 196 mins)

• "From Puppets To Pixels: Digital Characters In Episode II" Feature-Length Documentary

• State Of The Art: The Previsualization Of Episode II Documentary

• And much more…

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith bonus disc (approx. 327 mins)

• "Within A Minute: The Making Of Episode III" Feature-Length Documentary

• The Journey Part 1 & 2

• And much more…

Episode IV: A New Hope bonus disc (approx. 101 mins)

• Aboard The Death Star Overview

• Discoveries From Inside: Weapons & The First Lightsaber

• And much more…

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back bonus disc (approx. 125 mins)

• George Lucas On Editing The Empire Strikes Back 1979

• A Conversation With The Masters (2010)

• And much more…

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi bonus disc (approx. 163 mins)

• Conversations: The Effects

• Death Star II Space Battle Overview

• And much more…

Episode VII: The Force Awakens bonus disc (approx. 149 mins)

• Secrets Of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey

• Blueprint Of A Battle: The Snow Fight

• And much more…

Episode VIII: The Last Jedi bonus disc (approx. 165 mins)

• The Director and the Jedi

• Balance of the Force

• And much more…

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker bonus disc (approx. 157 mins)

• The Skywalker Legacy

• Pasaana Pursuit: Creating The Speeder Chase

• And much more…

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Annoying Rogue One isn't part of this set when it's due to be released in 4K on the same day (in the USA at least)

Yeah not buying that as a reasonable reason, it literally leads straight into a New Hope
There is only 9 films in the Skywalker Saga
3 trilogies (3×3)
1)1-3 Phantom to Revenge
2)4-6 New Hope to Return of the Jedi
3)7-9 Force Awakens to Rise of Skywalker

Rogue One and Han Solo are standalone films

Why do think then the 9 films are numbered 1 to 9

It doesn't matter how many times you try and rationalise it I'm never going to happy that this set doesn't include Rogue One. I don't care if it's not part of any of the 3 trilogies

It doesn't matter how many times you try and rationalise it I'm never going to happy that this set doesn't include Rogue One. I don't care if it's not part of any of the 3 trilogies
They should remove the atrocity that is The Last Jedi and replace it with Rogue One removing it altogether from canon!!! :p

And Rian Johnson should not be allowed work again!! Ever!!! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: paulboland
They should remove the atrocity that is The Last Jedi and replace it with Rogue One removing it altogether from canon!!! :p

And Rian Johnson should not be allowed work again!! Ever!!! ;)
So should Knives Out home video release be cancelled then and all previous purchases of Knives Out steelbook returned for a refund :p :rofl:

I have to agree with Paul on this subject, I believe Rogue One is a different story group altogether. It's not intended to be a prequel, it's intended to be a stand alone film. It's just like the novels have different story groups, so as to Rogue One as well. That's why it's titled "A Star Wars Story".

Reactions: paulboland
I have to agree with Paul on this subject, I believe Rogue One is a different story group altogether. It's not intended to be a prequel, it's intended to be a stand alone film. It's just like the novels have different story groups, so as to Rogue One as well. That's why it's titled "A Star Wars Story".
The official sub titles of Rogue One and Solo are labeled 'A Star Wars Story'

As will be the upcoming Kenobi film. These were always stand alone films and not meant to be a part of any trilogy or saga....