Steelbook Wishlist for 2019

andy01652

Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2014
Having seen the rather underwhelming release schedule for next year from a couple of companies I thought I'd post some suggestions for great movies that either haven't had steelbooks at all yet, or have only got second rate ones. Anyone else care to add?

The Usual Suspects
Airplane
12 Angry Men
Elite Squad 1&2
The Sting
The Guard
Dawn Of The Dead
Contact
Event Horizon
Thelma
The Wild Bunch

All I want from life is a Crash (Cronenberg) blu-ray, if Arrow can do it and stick it in a steelbook, well then I will be one happy camper.

Reactions: Psyteth
Blood Diamond
Equilibrium
How To Train Your Dragon 1-2 (the ones that exists are terrible or lacking)
A Night at the Roxbury
Man on Fire
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Sex Drive
Catch Me If You Can
Zwartboek
Lucky Number Slevin
Enemy At The Gates

No one seems to have mentioned it, so I will say (only one title, not a long list)

GALAXY QUEST
Keep your fingers crossed. No mention of 'Steelbook', but Amazon it have a new listing priced @ EUR 22,13. That's expensive for a regular catalog release, but does bring it within the price range of a steelbook.....
:watch::watch::watch::hungry:
Amazon it

I would like more art house/cult/indie/world/obscure movies to have steelbooks. I want steelbook collecting to be a way to discover a new film, something I otherwise would not have seen, or known about. Rather than waiting for a steelbook of a film which I already saw in the cinema 6 months ago.

Last edited:
Some great suggestions, especially Lucky Number Slevin.

My two picks would have been Se7en (thank you Manta, you beauties) and even though we’ve been inundated with recent editions, I just want a superb Matrix edition that doesn’t feature cats, spoons or rabbits :,(