The Snarky Assassin
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2014
The Land, OHIO - U.S.A.
image.jpg

Purchase HERE from SCREEN ARCHIVES
Or from TWILIGHT TIME direct
Price: $29.95
Starring: Paul Le Mat, Nancy Allen, Diana Scarwid, Michael Lerner, Louise Fletcher, Wallace Shawn, Fiona Lewis
Directed By: Michael Laughlin
Written By: William Condon, Michael Laughlin
Score By: John Addison
Language: English
Video: 1080p High Definition / 2.35:1 / Color
Audio: English 1.0 DTS-HD MA
Subtitles: English SDH
Theatrical Release: 1983
Runtime: 93 Minutes
Rating: PG
Region Code: Region Free (A/B/C)
Special Features: Isolated Score Track / Audio Commentary with Director Michael Laughlin and Writer William Condon / Original Theatrical Trailer
Limited Edition of 3,000 Units

“Loss of face gets a whole new twist in this unexpectedly well-developed pastiche…Some brilliant SFX and stabs of humor in the midnight vein…Hugely entertaining and refreshingly gore-free.” – Time Out London

“Hovering unclassifiably between nostalgia and satire, this amiably hip genre movie confirms Laughlin as a deliberately minor but unique stylist…offers a good deal of laid-back fun.” – David Ansen, Newsweek

Michael Laughlin directs Strange Invaders (1983), an affectionate homage to science fiction/alien takeover films of the 1950s that stars Paul Le Mat as a university professor searching for his ex-wife (Diana Scarwid), who seems to have disappeared while visiting her hometown of Centerville, Illinois. In fact, the place turns out to be a hotbed of aliens, in place since the Fifties and weirdly unaware of how the outside world has changed. Also starring Nancy Allen as a helpful journalist, and a lively supporting cast including Michael Lerner, Louise Fletcher, Wallace Shawn, Fiona Lewis, and period icon June Lockhart.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: PunkNinja
I remember quite liking this when I was young. I found it a bit similar to In the Mouth of Madness

Hoping this gets a Euro release