Release date: November 6, 2018
Price: $24.99
Purchase link: from Target.com
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

This pic was from the BD Forum
R1dKzr2.jpg

Kv90kVm.jpgsXkxk9Y.jpg1K7NXCy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll get these eventually, but it's disappointing that they're in a clamshell and don't match the first season. :(
What do you mean clamshell I stuck mine in my shelf since New still sealed and it's lost within my collection lol is there a big difference on first compared to s2? Not that it would stop me grabbing it but curious what you mean.

What do you mean clamshell I stuck mine in my shelf since New still sealed and it's lost within my collection lol is there a big difference on first compared to s2? Not that it would stop me grabbing it but curious what you mean.

A clamshell is a type of plastic packaging that some VHS tapes used back in the day (they were most common with Disney's animated films). It's basically a fat DVD case rather than the cardboard packaging that the majority of VHS tapes used.

Clamshell:
513Y5e4ur6L._SX425_.jpg

S
A clamshell is a type of plastic packaging that some VHS tapes used back in the day (they were most common with Disney's animated films). It's basically a fat DVD case rather than the cardboard packaging that the majority of VHS tapes used.

Clamshell:
513Y5e4ur6L._SX425_.jpg
So last edition was not in a clamshell then i need to have a closer look at mine i have had for so long its forgot about.
So this might look odd with previous edition then?

S
So last edition was not in a clamshell then i need to have a closer look at mine i have had for so long its forgot about.
This looks the same as season 1 to me.

Aren't they both just cardboard cases made to look like clamshells?

S

Correct. Season 1 looked like a regular VHS case.

but I think it was intentional on their part, its in the retro theme

I think the real reason is that a clamshell is probably cheaper to produce. And honestly, what would they do for Season 3 then? Release it in a DVD case? I'd much rather have a uniformed collection of Stranger Things than a different retro feel for each individual season... but maybe that's just me.

Correct. Season 1 looked like a regular VHS case.

I think the real reason is that a clamshell is probably cheaper to produce. And honestly, what would they do for Season 3 then? Release it in a DVD case? I'd much rather have a uniformed collection of Stranger Things than a different retro feel for each individual season... but maybe that's just me.

no!!! beta max of course or laser disc, come on man I didn´t think you where that much younger then me? ;)

Its strange how they made this one region free but season one is region A locked.....

Remember, in the beginning Season 1 was rumored to be Region free, too. Even the Packshot showed the disc with Region A, B, C logos. But in the end it turned out Region A only (except of course the 4K UHD edition).

I'm not sure if I bite. I was pretty disappointed by the second season and just like other Ninjas, I'm not overly enthusiastic about the artwork decisions.

These are heavy! GB update posted for anyone that purchased a copy. Still have 3x left if anyone is looking.