Upcoming Stranger Things (Season 5) [Netflix]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
STRANGER THINGS - NETFLIX
All Episodes - July 15 2016

A love letter to the supernatural classics of the 80's, Stranger Things is the story of a young boy who vanishes into thin air. As friends, family and local police search for answers, they are drawn into an extraordinary mystery involving top-secret government experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one very strange little girl.

stranger things netflix.jpg

Seems Season 2 will have HDR added on the 27th....:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::woot: And a reissued season 1 with DV & HDR10...Great news Indeed.

From FlatpanelsHD

Stranger Things in 4K HDR
The first season of Stranger Things was a surprise hit from Netflix last year. It was made available in 4K resolution, but HDR never arrived.

When the second season of Stranger Things arrives on October 27, 2017, it will be made available in both 4K resolution and HDR, the company’s release schedule confirms. The first season of the show will also be reissued in HDR10 and Dolby Vision, the company said earlier this year.

Just watched the first episode......:naughty: Looks absolutely spectacular in Dolby Vision...:drool::notworthy: What a great Halloween weekend this is going to be...:woot:

Simply the most unique show of it's kind by a mile....:cigar:

37debcaee01314e219c165625e94f4612ba9008f.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
People who say they remember 5 years old are lying.
But, if you do - you aren't remembering culture and zeitgeist.

I dunno. When I was like 4-5 I was introduced to things like Ninja Turtles and Batman and I totally remember that.
Plus as I grew up, I was exposed more and more to 80's movies as I got "old enough" to watch them. So essentially I was growing up on 80s culture (even tho a lot of that was in the 90s).

If the Duffer Bros were in there 20s, I would agree with you. But since they are basically the exact same age as me, I understand and relate.

Just got done watching the first episode and it was sooooo good! Dying to watch more, but I promised myself I'd take my time with Season 2, because I felt lost after binge watching Season 1 lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
I watched the first three episodes last night. I'm liking it a lot thus far, although I still miss a binding emotional moment in the show. If you remember the ending of episode three in the first season, you know what I mean.
By the way, Dustin's voice break is quite obvious and I'm still trying to get used to it. The other boys' voices weren't as affected (yet). Anyway, I'm looking forward to continue with season two. Hopefully some more progress tonight. :)

I dunno. When I was like 4-5 I was introduced to things like Ninja Turtles and Batman and I totally remember that.
Plus as I grew up, I was exposed more and more to 80's movies as I got "old enough" to watch them. So essentially I was growing up on 80s culture (even tho a lot of that was in the 90s).

If the Duffer Bros were in there 20s, I would agree with you. But since they are basically the exact same age as me, I understand and relate.
When I was 5 it was still Viet Nam, Watergate and acid rock. No, I don't "remember" that era like I lived through it. 5 year olds don't live through an era. (I unfortunately was a preteen in the late 70's and DO remember roller disco parties and wearing unfortunate 70's clothing:ohno:!)
"Living through it" means you were a part of it. I was in a punk band - I had stupid hair, listened to the early 80's new wave, wore BOY clothes from London, watched MTV when it debuted on this new thing called Cable TV. Watched the Oliver North trials, seing all the amazing Spielberg early 80's films in the theater with dates, experienced the disaster of "new" Coke and Crystal Pepsi, etc.....
(Also the Back to the Future movies!)
There is a difference between living in that time vs. being alive at that time.
(Btw- I am not ripping the guys for doing the show - it's just always interesting to when people have a faux nostalgia for a time they never really lived in. Plenty of people now (like, say Taylor Swift - elicit a nostalgia for the 80's - and they were never there.)
It's all good though. I love movies from the 40's and wish I could have experienced New York City of that time....

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: harry and kaw
Binged my way trough the whole season this Weekend.
Episode 7 was totally nonsense...

I liked the season, but for me it is not on the same level as season 1.
Why?
The Gang is splitted most of the time, Eleven is not with them.
For me it's not the feeling i get in Season 1. Friends can do anything if they are a team.

Also Wynona Rider, fantastic in both seasons, but in season 1 it was outstanding performance.

maybe my claims are to high, but season 1 was so awesome.