Stranger Things: The Complete First Season (4K UHD) (Target Exclusive) (VHS Packaging) [USA]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: December 5, 2017
Price: $29.99
Purchase link: Target
DPCI: 058-39-0886
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

Stranger Things 4K.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are much clearer pictures of this release I took for the other forum, thought it'd be good to share them here as well. They're decidedly not taken outside in the cold on an NYC sidewalk. :p

Feel free to share these. All I ask - and this especially goes for people from other sites who are lurking - is that you credit me, and Blu-Ray.com. These have been a wild past couple days, and myself and others on that forum have put in a lot of effort to get word out about this release and find out more about it. It's only fair that that is respected! I've seen my original pics, taken while walking 6.5 miles around midtown between three trips to Target and a Fedex in 30-something degree weather, shared on other sites and Instagram pages without any thought as to where they came from. Not cool!

Anyway - to the main point of this post...

First, the main sleeve, which has been made to look like it's old and was bought at a yard sale (just like how the original Blu-Ray release was designed). The worn look is done well, right down to scotch tape printed on the top right corner, haha! Note - I've found it difficult to get the main VHS case out of the sleeve unless I open the top, as pictured:

LSXPtr3.jpg

d1Z9vxS.jpg

Os5c74D.jpg

jIp8TZ9.jpg

GXnMU83.jpg

Next up: the VHS case! There are some fun little details on this one, as well. Always remember to rewind your 4K Blu's, folks! ;)

lqGXufl.jpg

cBR5tJ5.jpg

J6U3HrH.jpg

XeiNIkF.jpg

Last, but not least: the inside of the VHS case, including the discs themselves and the poster. The poster is indeed for Season 2, which I believe is a different poster than the one included with the standard Blu-Ray set. Also, if I have one complaint about this otherwise awesome packaging, it's the darn foam disc knobs that I can't remember the actual term for because it's 6:30 AM. It's really difficult to get a disc fully back on a knob once it's off, and I still haven't managed to fully get the pictured disc back on like how it was when I first opened the set.

bEgWZQH.jpg

R60KPAJ.jpg

QP2fwfn.jpg

8G0s1IV.jpg

qMKoJYH.jpg

WYWfNxH.jpg

1hGIBb8.jpg

I hope that these are clear and helpful! :D

Here are much clearer pictures of this release I took for the other forum, thought it'd be good to share them here as well. They're decidedly not taken outside in the cold on an NYC sidewalk. :p

Feel free to share these. All I ask - and this especially goes for people from other sites who are lurking - is that you credit me, and Blu-Ray.com. These have been a wild past couple days, and myself and others on that forum have put in a lot of effort to get word out about this release and find out more about it. It's only fair that that is respected! I've seen my original pics, taken while walking 6.5 miles around midtown between three trips to Target and a Fedex in 30-something degree weather, shared on other sites and Instagram pages without any thought as to where they came from. Not cool!

First, the main sleeve, which has been made to look like it's old and was bought at a yard sale (just like how the original Blu-Ray release was designed). The worn look is done well, right down to scotch tape printed on the top right corner, haha! Note - I've found it difficult to get the main VHS case out of the sleeve unless I open the top, as pictured:

LSXPtr3.jpg

d1Z9vxS.jpg

Os5c74D.jpg

jIp8TZ9.jpg

GXnMU83.jpg

Next up: the VHS case! There are some fun little details on this one, as well. Always remember to rewind your 4K Blu's, folks! ;)

lqGXufl.jpg

cBR5tJ5.jpg

J6U3HrH.jpg

XeiNIkF.jpg

Last, but not least: the inside of the VHS case, including the discs themselves and the poster. The poster is indeed for Season 2, which I believe is a different poster than the one included with the standard Blu-Ray set. Also, if I have one complaint about this otherwise awesome packaging, it's the darn foam disc knobs that I can't remember the actual term for because it's 6:30 AM. It's really difficult to get a disc fully back on a knob once it's off, and I still haven't managed to fully get the pictured disc back on like how it was when I first opened the set.

bEgWZQH.jpg

R60KPAJ.jpg

QP2fwfn.jpg

8G0s1IV.jpg

qMKoJYH.jpg

WYWfNxH.jpg

1hGIBb8.jpg

They are called HUBS or ROSETTES

Reactions: rpvee

LSXPtr3.jpg

d1Z9vxS.jpg

Os5c74D.jpg

jIp8TZ9.jpg

GXnMU83.jpg

lqGXufl.jpg

cBR5tJ5.jpg

J6U3HrH.jpg

XeiNIkF.jpg

bEgWZQH.jpg

R60KPAJ.jpg

QP2fwfn.jpg

8G0s1IV.jpg

qMKoJYH.jpg

WYWfNxH.jpg

1hGIBb8.jpg

Thank you for letting us all know this exists, really helpful!

Ok thank you for this link even though the image there is wrong.

So I called a few target stores in my area, and even though it shows on the site that they have them in none of them have it on the floor. So I just went to one of the stores and returned my regular Blu-Ray at first the cute girl at customer service said they are not excepting returns for this item only an exchange. I asked why it's all there and it was a gift? I flirted with her, made her smile, she said let me try something else to get around that notice. She did it and got it work. Also flirting with the girl paid off, she let me keep the poster for season 1. I went over to the movie and electronics section and asked the guy in that department if they have the 4K version because it shows online that it's available in the store. He said that could be wrong. He said for me to check the shelves which I already did before asking him. I asked if he could check the back maybe they haven't put it out yet. He went in the back and then came back a few minutes later, told me they are being told not to put it out yet he tried telling me because of the street date. I told him no that's bullsh!t that the site shows it in stock to buy now in store, and the street date on their site is 11/15/2017. I said so you give me a copy or I'm going to have to speak to the store manager. He went in the back and got me one.

So in a nutshell, target is trying not to except returns on the regular bluray copies, and they are being told to not put out the 4k's. Probably like many of us have speculated, until after all their regular stock is sold out due to black Friday sales.

So I called a few target stores in my area, and even though it shows on the site that they have them in none of them have it on the floor. So I just went to one of the stores and returned my regular Blu-Ray at first the cute girl at customer service said they are not excepting returns for this item only an exchange. I asked why it's all there and it was a gift? I flirted with her, made her smile, she said let me try something else to get around that notice. She did it and got it work. Also flirting with the girl paid off, she let me keep the poster for season 1. I went over to the movie and electronics section and asked the guy in that department if they have the 4K version because it shows online that it's available in the store. He said that could be wrong. He said for me to check the shelves which I already did before asking him. I asked if he could check the back maybe they haven't put it out yet. He went in the back and then came back a few minutes later, told me they are being told not to put it out yet he tried telling me because of the street date. I told him no that's bullsh!t that the site shows it in stock to buy now in store, and the street date on their site is 11/15/2017. I said so you give me a copy or I'm going to have to speak to the store manager. He went in the back and got me one.

So in a nutshell, target is trying not to except returns on the regular bluray copies, and they are being told to not put out the 4k's. Probably like many of us have speculated, until after all their regular stock is sold out due to black Friday sales.
The street date is Dec. 5 - so he wasn't wrong about not putting it out on the floor.
Target receipts are very clear in their returns verbiage. There should have been no issues returning that. (I'm gonna do the same this week)

The street date is Dec. 5 - so he wasn't wrong about not putting it out on the floor.
Target receipts are very clear in their returns verbiage. There should have been no issues returning that. (I'm gonna do the same this week)

Guess you didn't click that link it says the 15th is the street date look.

ST 4K.jpg

Last edited:
A friend of mine from the UK was here this Month and 2 of the 4K disc he bought were region locked when he got them home. He offered them to me, but no way

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
A friend of mine from the UK was here this Month and 2 of the 4K disc he bought were region locked when he got them home. He offered them to me, but no way
I presume they were the Blu-rays that were region locked as all 4K discs should be region free.

I presume they were the Blu-rays that were region locked as all 4K discs should be region free.

No they were 4K disc for Hacksaw Ridge and Mechanic, He thought he was getting a great deal on them, otherwise he would have bought them in the UK where he lives

No they were 4K disc for Hacksaw Ridge and Mechanic, He thought he was getting a great deal on them, otherwise he would have bought them in the UK where he lives
The 4K discs were region locked, that’s strange I thought they all had to be region free. I’ve just read a review on Hacksaw Ridge and is states the 4K disc is region free. I wonder why he couldn’t play it?

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry

Sounds like we have a flirt master/PUA ninja in our midst. You should have also flirted with the guy in the electronics dept and save you all the trouble.:giggle:

Reactions: digitalbabe
The 4K discs were region locked, that’s strange I thought they all had to be region free. I’ve just read a review on Hacksaw Ridge and is states the 4K disc is region free. I wonder why he couldn’t play it?
4K Discs don't have region coding. That cannot be right. The UHD Alliance announced this at CES 2016. No region codes on UHD.

Sounds like we have a flirt master/PUA ninja in our midst. You should have also flirted with the guy in the electronics dept and save you all the trouble.:giggle:

Nah I'll stick with charming the cute ladies, I can use my wits against the guys trying to give problems. You know what though, next time you need something and a guy is working there, by all means feel free to try flirting with him, and let us know how that went for you, haha.

Nope... Have both discs and they're region free... BD's on the other hand CAN be region locked but UHD.... NO WAY

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Sigill and harry