Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.14 star(s) Rating: 4.14/5 7 Votes
Title: The Suicide Squad (2021)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: James Gunn

Cast: Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Idris Elba, Viola Davis, Jai Courtney, Taika Waititi, Nathan Fillion, John Cena, Sean Gunn and more!

Release: 2021-08-04

Attachments

• suicide squad 2.jpg
    suicide squad 2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 824
I did really enjoy it :D So definitely looking forward to the sequel. ;)
Oh im sure u would, that would make for a cool edition :)

Btw @GI_SnakeEyes thinks the same way u do lol. Him and i used to argue over this movie lol :rofl:

I'm sure I'll still watch the sequel just to continue the DCU plus the eye candy that is margot will give me some enjoyment at least. One of my main issues was with will smith, I've gone off him so much in the last 10ish years and I can't stand that b*llend jai courtney so that puts me off too, I would like to see a bit more joker but I'm guessing Leto will drop out due to him being unhappy with the final cut which will be annoying if the character is either palmed out the film or recast

Maybe the sequel will be better.
Still need to see WW too but I'm not sure I'll be allowed back in my local cinema after watching gal in that getup for 2 hours !! :rofl: :emb:

Remember seeing the trailer for the first time. I was SO Freakin' Hyped!
I personally think the cast was great but the story sucked. Just need to get the right script for this next one and I think everything will be ok.

If they had just done a live action version of Batman: Assault on Arkham. That would have been perfect.

And I was ok with Leto's Joker. It was slightly too much with the face tattoos and stuff, but overall, I didn't hate him like some people did...

Edgar is an interesting choice for director, @Noodles. Whatever he touches is gold. So i'm sure he could make this good. But I wonder if he would do it?
I think Ayer is doing Gotham City Sirens, so not sure if he would be able to do this too?

What about someone like Drew Goddard? Get him to write and direct it. We know he can do both.

Who would people like to see direct the sequel?

Personally I'd love to see Edgar Wright direct... I was super disappointed when he dropped out of Ant-Man, because I reckon he'd make a great superhero movie if he were allowed to do his own thing, and Warner Bros seem more willing than Marvel to allow that. Plus I could see him using a similar style as Scott Pilgrim for this, which would work really well IMO.

I'd even be willing to give David Ayer a second chance at directing though to be honest... sounds like he (and everyone else involved) were kinda rushed and under a lot of pressure for the first movie, so given the extra time I think he could do a much better job!

Whatever happens, I just hope lessons were learnt from the first Suicide Squad attempt... it was possibly one of my biggest movie disappointments in the last 5-10 years.

Like all of you guys this movie........ and the new DCEU movies in a whole have continued to disappoint me over and over and over again (I have not seen WW yet so not included here)....... Though SS wasn't anywhere close to as much of a clusterf#ck Batman vs Superman was.... but still pretty bad.

The story........ or laughable lack there of, was just so off base of what and where the movie should have been. Does a piss poor job explaining why she'd want to turn to evil psychos, before asking established superheroes that she obviously has files on. It would have at least made more sense that the jobs that Waller wants done are dirty jobs that superheroes would refuse to do. If it had been stated that Waller’s program is about killing people or doing other morally questionable acts, then compiling a team of supervillains makes sense. But Suicide Squad sadly doesn’t make that argument.

Leto was good, but his crazy seriousness just didn't fit for me in this campy action comedy.

Adam Beach whom I think is a great actor, they sadly and completely underutilized him as slipknot, and kill 1 of the only great actors of the group in 2 seconds!! WHY could it not have been the APPALLING Jai Courtney!!!

Amanda Waller (Viola Davis) Great actress nailed Waller's playing in the shadows tactics and never wrong persona....... but then they COMPLETELY mess that up at the end credit scene... The Waller we’ve seen for the entire movie is someone who is manipulative and doesn’t do exchanges. She bends people to her will and uses leverage to exert her influence. If she knows that Bruce Wayne is Batman, that's HUGE leverage, and she could threaten to expose that for his protection. For a woman who’s willing to murder her own people I doubt she would make the distinction of playing nice with Wayne and giving him what he wants just because Wayne is a “good guy”.

I did not loath it enough... to where I'm still curious about if they can fix and make another.....MUCH BETTER one.....

Last edited:
I thought it was good although I was hoping it would be better. They didn't give the characters enough back story and certain characters barely got any screen time. The soundtrack was great though and Margot Robbie is always nice to watch!:D I think David Ayer deserves another go at directing the sequel.

Like all of you guys this movie........ and the new DCEU movies in a whole have continued to disappoint me over and over and over again (I have not seen WW yet so not included here)....... Though SS wasn't anywhere close to as much of a clusterf#ck Batman vs Superman was.... but still pretty bad.

The story........ or laughable lack there of, was just so off base of what and where the movie should have been. Does a piss poor job explaining why she'd want to turn to evil psychos, before asking established superheroes that she obviously has files on. It would have at least made more sense that the jobs that Waller wants done are dirty jobs that superheroes would refuse to do. If it had been stated that Waller’s program is about killing people or doing other morally questionable acts, then compiling a team of supervillains makes sense. But Suicide Squad sadly doesn’t make that argument.

Leto was good, but his crazy seriousness just didn't fit for me in this campy action comedy.

Adam Beach whom I think is a great actor, they sadly and completely underutilized him as slipknot, and kill 1 of the only great actors of the group in 2 seconds!! WHY could it not have been the APPALLING Jai Courtney!!!

Amanda Waller (Viola Davis) Great actress nailed Waller's playing in the shadows tactics and never wrong persona....... but then they COMPLETELY mess that up at the end credit scene... The Waller we’ve seen for the entire movie is someone who is manipulative and doesn’t do exchanges. She bends people to her will and uses leverage to exert her influence. If she knows that Bruce Wayne is Batman, that's HUGE leverage, and she could threaten to expose that for his protection. For a woman who’s willing to murder her own people I doubt she would make the distinction of playing nice with Wayne and giving him what he wants just because Wayne is a “good guy”.

I did not loath it enough... to where I'm still curious about if they can fix and make another.....MUCH BETTER one.....

Absolutely spot on. Couldn't of said it better

I thought it was good although I was hoping it would be better. They didn't give the characters enough back story and certain characters barely got any screen time. The soundtrack was great though and Margot Robbie is always nice to watch!:D I think David Ayer deserves another go at directing the sequel.
Agreed.
A real vilain this time... with a story and more Robbie would all suffice for me! :p

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Sigill
Remember seeing the trailer for the first time. I was SO Freakin' Hyped!
I personally think the cast was great but the story sucked. Just need to get the right script for this next one and I think everything will be ok.

If they had just done a live action version of Batman: Assault on Arkham. That would have been perfect.

And I was ok with Leto's Joker. It was slightly too much with the face tattoos and stuff, but overall, I didn't hate him like some people did...

Edgar is an interesting choice for director, @Noodles. Whatever he touches is gold. So i'm sure he could make this good. But I wonder if he would do it?
I think Ayer is doing Gotham City Sirens, so not sure if he would be able to do this too?

What about someone like Drew Goddard? Get him to write and direct it. We know he can do both.
Same dude... the trailer looked awesome! I didn't hate the film to be honest, but it wasn't nearly as great as I'd hoped/expected. I liked the majority of the cast too... even Jai Courtney did a pretty decent job IMO. Got to say that I couldn't stand Leto's Joker though, which really disappointed me as I was one of a few who defended him when the whole Joker thing was first revealed. Oh, and the villain was whack! Probably didn't help that Cara Delevingne can't act. And for some reason Viola Davis really annoyed me in the film too.

But anyway... as much as I'd love to see it happen, I can't see Wright being offered the job, or him even wanting it. I'd completely forgotten about Ayer directing GCS by the way, obviously lol. Goddard is an interesting choice... he only has one film under his belt as a director though (Cabin in the Woods), which I wasn't a huge fan of. He's a fantastic writer though, and of course it'd be cool to see him have another shot at directing.

I was so disappointed that the whole Wright and ant man didn't work out but if Wright even batters an eyelid at suicide squad 2 I'll go off him for life. I don't mind giving Ayer a second chance and I like his other films but he needs to do it his way
That's surprised me... thought you would've been well up for Wright directing.

:rofl:

I love how noodles tried getting it on track with a serious conversation and I've just derailed it instantly with my filthy mind lol

Sorry
Nothing new there lol. But, I'm certainly not going to complain about Margot gifs/discussion. :drool:

Wasn't Mel Gibson in talks to Direct? I think I saw an article somewhere...
*edit* - http://www.slashfilm.com/mel-gibson-suicide-squad-2/

I would like to see Guy Ritchie at the helm! :cool:
I haven't heard any more about that since it was first brought up, so I'm hoping he's off the cards now... as much as I like him as a director, I can't imagine him directing a movie like this. Guy Ritchie on the other hand... good call! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Definitely good news for SS2. I think I read the Harley and Joker - Mad Love film has been moved up the schedule ahead of this because Will Smith isn't available any time soon. So it'll be a long wait for this, sadly.

Hmmm, decent choice of director

Get rid of smith and this will instantly be better