• Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA

Are you ready for Pirates 4?

If so you've got a wait ahead of you since the movie doesn't hit theaters for another three years.

However we can help you out by telling you the name of the film so you can stop referring to it as the fourth one.

Here it is: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Today, the big announcement was made at the Walt Disney Co.'s D23 Expo in Anaheim, just as Johnny Depp himself surprised an audience of 5,000 people by appearing on stage, in full costume and character, as Captain Jack Sparrow!

Johnny arrived in style in a gliding replica of his famous Black Pearl ship and cracked jokes with the audience about rum and the tasty dish that appeared before him - Kermit the Frog! Johhny Jack joked: "probably tastes like chicken."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2009/09/johnny-depp-jack-sparrow-disney-costume-.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw it yesterday. Not bad overall. The whole "fountain of youth" plot was a bit silly but Depp is so amazing as Jack Sparrow that he sells the franchise. Glad they brought Geoffrey Rush back he's a terrific actor and the addition of Ian Mcshane was good too.

Peneloppe Cruz is nice eye candy but I thought she was slighlty miscast. Didn't have the right chemistry with Depp they way Keira and Orlando did. It seemed kind of forced to me

Marshall stayed true to Verbinski's visual style with lots of sword fights.

Best line of the film for me:

Jack Sparrow: "You know that feeling you get like jumping when your in high places?...I don't have it"

:hilarious: