• Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA

Are you ready for Pirates 4?

If so you've got a wait ahead of you since the movie doesn't hit theaters for another three years.

However we can help you out by telling you the name of the film so you can stop referring to it as the fourth one.

Here it is: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Today, the big announcement was made at the Walt Disney Co.'s D23 Expo in Anaheim, just as Johnny Depp himself surprised an audience of 5,000 people by appearing on stage, in full costume and character, as Captain Jack Sparrow!

Johnny arrived in style in a gliding replica of his famous Black Pearl ship and cracked jokes with the audience about rum and the tasty dish that appeared before him - Kermit the Frog! Johhny Jack joked: "probably tastes like chicken."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2009/09/johnny-depp-jack-sparrow-disney-costume-.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it from the LA times... if you go to the link I posted they effed up the title and now it says what you wrote. I changed it but will need a mod to change the title.

Disney executive Dick Cook played the straight man for the short presentation and it was the least he could do: The "Pirates" franchise has pulled in more than $1 billion in domestic box-office alone and Depp is also on tap for a fourth, "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" in 2011. (An earlier version of this post had scrambled title and date -- blame the blackberry!) Depp is also starring "Alice in Wonderland" and "The Lone Ranger" for the Mouse House.

I got it from the LA times... if you go to the link I posted they effed up the title and now it says what you wrote. I changed it but will need a mod to change the title.

Disney executive Dick Cook played the straight man for the short presentation and it was the least he could do: The "Pirates" franchise has pulled in more than $1 billion in domestic box-office alone and Depp is also on tap for a fourth, "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" in 2011. (An earlier version of this post had scrambled title and date -- blame the blackberry!) Depp is also starring "Alice in Wonderland" and "The Lone Ranger" for the Mouse House.

weird :p

i did a search of some of the text tho..and saw it came from perezonhilton :facepalm:

The departure of longtime Disney chairman and friend of Johnny Depp, Dick Cook, left the actor unsure of his future with the Pirates franchise.

He is already signed up for the the next installment, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, but the studio had planned to forge ahead with a 5th and 6th installment as well. However, there is talk that Johnny won't be returning to the franchise and it is safe to say that without Johnny, any other movies would abandon ship.

Except they're not. Buzz is that the Disney execs are planning at least another two Pirates movies, with or without Johnny.

The idea is to continue making the flicks with different pirate characters with big actor names to back them. Some of the names being tossed around are James Franco, Ryan Gosling, and Robert Pattinson.

Except they're not. Buzz is that the Disney execs are planning at least another two Pirates movies, with or without Johnny.

The idea is to continue making the flicks with different pirate characters with big actor names to back them. Some of the names being tossed around are James Franco, Ryan Gosling, and Robert Pattinson.

Well if thats true would it most likely that Sparrow dies at the end of the movie? They're going to have to throw these new characters in and give them enough story too get people exicted about the 5th and 6th. This could end badly.

Well if thats true would it most likely that Sparrow dies at the end of the movie? They're going to have to throw these new characters in and give them enough story too get people exicted about the 5th and 6th. This could end badly.

I am not watching or buying a movie ticket if Johnny Depp is not part of it.

Jack Sparrow is what makes those films watchable, they couldn't kill him off. That would be the biggest mistake they could make and could kill the franchise!

'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides' Will Be Based on Book

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/10/07/pirates-of-the-caribbean-on-stranger-tides-will-be-based-on-b/

When D23 and Johnny Depp announced that the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean installment would follow up its colon with On Stranger Tides, it didn't take the Internet long to point out that there was already a pirate story carrying that title. It seemed an unlikely coincidence since Tim Powers' book also starred a pirate named Jack, and centered on a quest for the Fountain of Youth.

Well, X marks the spot, apparently, as Powers confirmed to Hero Complex that Disney did indeed option his 1987 novel three years ago, and that he's been eagerly sitting on the news for all that time. As the author is quick to point out, his Jack "Shandy" Chandagnac and Jack Sparrow have little in common, and he's unsure as to how Disney will adapt his book to the Pirates of the Caribbean mold. "I've watched all the movies several times, of course, and I think the clear thing they would use is the trip to the Fountain of Youth. My main character doesn't overlap with Jack Sparrow at all [in personality or circumstance]; they're totally different characters. I suppose they might overlap the Geoffrey Rush character Barbossa and Blackbeard. The only thing I feel certain they will hold on to is the Fountain of Youth since they telegraphed that at the end of the last movie."

Powers' biggest concern isn't whether Disney will keelhaul his plotline, but whether the film will end up in Davy Jones' locker now that Depp's enthusiasm has waned. His hearty advice? "Nobody talk to each other, everyone just stand and smile, don't do anything to mess this up, let's keep this going, OK?"

Orlando Not Returning For Pirates Sequel!

Orlando Bloom will not be returning for the 4th installment of Pirates of the Caribbean set to be released next year.

"Will's swimming with the fishes," said Bloom. When asked if he would come back, he replied, "Not this time. No. No. No."