Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Super Mario Bros.

Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Animation, Family

Director: Michael Jelenic, Aaron Horvath

Cast: Chris Pratt, Charlie Day, Anya Taylor-Joy, Jack Black, Seth Rogen, Keegan-Michael Key, Fred Armisen, Kevin Michael Richardson, Sebastian Maniscalco, Charles Martinet

Release: 2023-03-29

Plot: A plumber named Mario travels through an underground labyrinth with his brother, Luigi, trying to save a captured princess.

Re-listening to the trailer.. when Mario says "Mushroom Kingdom Here We Come" it sounds more like Chris Pratt doing a Rocket Raccoon impression instead of Mario. haha

I already see the anger on twitter over his voice. I bet there is going to be a campaign of people asking for them to recast him. But people were mad even before the trailer came out.
I'm sure the movie will do just fine and the voice will grow on people.

But you never know I remember when the Planes trailer came out and Jon Cryer voiced the main character and then was replaced by Dane Cook.

Re-listening to the trailer.. when Mario says "Mushroom Kingdom Here We Come" it sounds more like Chris Pratt doing a Rocket Raccoon impression instead of Mario. haha

I already see the anger on twitter over his voice. I bet there is going to be a campaign of people asking for them to recast him. But people were mad even before the trailer came out.
I'm sure the movie will do just fine and the voice will grow on people.

But you never know I remember when the Planes trailer came out and Jon Cryer voiced the main character and then was replaced by Dane Cook.

Lol did people actually complain about Jon Cryer? I don't see the issue, since it's not a well-known character, unlike Mario.

have you met people? they will complain about anything... :LOL:
Michael Richards Yes GIF

Reactions: PoLskA
This looks really good! I think Chris Pratt needs to lean more into the Italian accent but otherwise this looks great. I bet Toad and Luigi steal the show.

Oh man, this looks fun! Definitely not feeling Pratt after hearing him a bit more though, and as much as I like Anya, I don't feel her voice suits Princess Peach either tbh.

Does look like it could be a lot of fun, looking forward to it much more than I was after the teaser trailer. Annoying how they haven't given a release date though

EDIT: Ah nvm April release

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles
I adored illumination's last film- Minions: Rise of Gru. I found it entertaining, and more digestible than Despicable Me 3.
By chance, I wonder if it will receive an official Steelbook. I was hoping their last movie would receive one, but it never happened.

Considering, Nintendo seems to be betting big on this to kickoff a Nintendo film universe I hope it gets a full array for the home video wide release!

This looks really good! I think Chris Pratt needs to lean more into the Italian accent but otherwise this looks great.
You kidding, that's 'racist' now, 'racial profiling', and 'offensive'.
I bet studio was thinking who to offend, these:

Screenshot_20221203-103230_YouTube.jpg

Or these:
Animated GIF

And chose the more harmless ones. :cautious:

Attachments

• 1ibciu.jpg
    1ibciu.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
French audio is supposedly best sounding one, at least trailer in french was way better than listening to english mess of Pratt.