Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: December 7, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon | Best Buy | GameStop | Target | Walmart
Price: $139.99

The 'Super Smash Bros Ultimate' limited edition has now been announced for the United States. This edition also includes a Steelbook and a GameCube style controller and adapter, plus the game itself of course.

SSBU.png

Best Buy is showing a free challenge coin gift:
Nintendo - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Collector Coin - Antique Silver
6290369_sa.jpg;maxHeight=420;maxWidth=420

Collectible 1.5" round Super Smash Bros. Ultimate double-sided coin for real fans.

GameStop is showing a free double sided poster gift:
Pre-Order Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at GameStop and receive a Double Sided Poster!
SSBU_GSPoster_bonusLG.jpg

Online/In-Store Pickup Customers: Please print your order confirmation page and bring it to your local store to receive your poster. To ensure product is available, it is best to call your local store ahead of time.
Store Customers: Poster will be available at time of pickup.

While supplies last. Quantities are extremely limited.

Last edited:
Really disappointed on this steelbook. I would’ve gotten the collectors edition anyways for the controller, the Steelbook was a nice bonus.

But man, this is possibly the laziest Steelbook artwork I can think of. For a game with 80 characters, and so many different colors to use. Solid black, tiny logo, no embossing? Lame

• Thanks
Reactions: Alf_1
Looks worse in person, I just don't understand how you can make a standard cover with a bunch of colourful diverse characters then make a steelbook with a boring bland artwork...even the pin/coin looks boring. They could have easilly featured every character on the steelbook.

Plus I never understood how they can call the edition with the controller and that a "Collector's" Edition when really it's more of a bundle.

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles and Alf_1
Really disappointed on this steelbook. I would’ve gotten the collectors edition anyways for the controller, the Steelbook was a nice bonus.

But man, this is possibly the laziest Steelbook artwork I can think of. For a game with 80 characters, and so many different colors to use. Solid black, tiny logo, no embossing? Lame

I bought this so called collectors edition and I can
definitely say the embroidered box is the best part!
The box is truly amazing and why they couldn't do something colorful for the steelbook instead of some uncreative boring steelbook I have no idea.

Hey Nintendo you make such great boxes and then on the actual collector product you are lazy and crap!

The Smash Bro Switch also was lame with the Dock being in monochrome was a big miss having no color. I bought the Smash Switch and like it, but the characters in their full color glory I think would have made the dock way better.

Also, a miss with no art work on the back of the Switch Tablet. The Joycons with silver lines could have been a way better design like translucent fire orange joycons or something glowing and more creative.

This steelbook is a huge let down and the designer at Nintendo should be FIRED! Can someone please start making custom steelbooks because most companies suck at knowing what a good steelbook design is.. Especially recent games. (Crap steelbook designs... RDR2, God of War)

I can definitely tell no one from these companies are reading these forums because maybe then they would get a clue!

Hey Japan Nintendo full of glorious art put some freakin artwork on your collector steelbooks and no one wants to collect a black steelbook with fireball on it is just stupid!

The logo is blasted everywhere and fans dont need you to be lazy putting it on the steelbook as well when steelbooks are meant to display amazing art!!!

I dont get how they can design such an amazing steelbook for Mario Kart 8 only released on Amazon Germany and then do these uncreative Lazy steelbooks with barely anything on it, but a simple logo...

COMPANIES, STEELBOOKS ARE not meant for simple, bland art!

Take these artworks for example

img_20180612_18512657791753086673157.jpg

or (if they could find a way to fit it on a steelbook somehow)

smashultfull.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Alf_1
Take these artworks for example

img_20180612_18512657791753086673157.jpg

or (if they could find a way to fit it on a steelbook somehow)

smashultfull.jpg

I agree. I think the first image would fit better on that small steelbook versus the second picture I think is just too big, but they definitely should’ve did something on the lines of these art work’s over what they released with the crappy black steelbook that is now out to the market.