Superman Anthology (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon.de exclusive) [Germany]

Mar 24, 2013
Germany
Release date: March 24th, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €26.99

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is already available at Amazon.it for €30.
(Also, it says 5 movies on it. What is the 5th movie? The Donner Cut of Superman 2?)

Last edited:
I have the German 8-disc Digipak

91WhOl-V9iL._SL1500_.jpg

Disc 1: Superman (Original Theatrical Cut 1978) + Bonus Features
Disc 2: Superman (Extended Remastered 2001) + Bonus Features
Disc 3: Superman II (Original Theatrical Cut 1980) + Bonus Features
Disc 4: Superman II (Richard Donner Cut) + Bonus Features
Disc 5: Superman III (Original Theatrical Cut 1983) + Bonus Features
Disc 6: Superman IV (Original Theatrical Cut 1987) + Bonus Features
Disc 7: Superman Returns (Original Theatrical Cut 2006) + Bonus Features
Disc 8: Bonus Features only

Maybe this Steelbook will contain the discs 1,3,5,6,7

Last edited:
How does that one fit in? Did Chris Reeve secretly star in that?
That is like doing a five pack of Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, and Batman Begins.

No, but as far as Warner are concerned it's a semi-sequel to Superman II, as well as a reboot of the franchise (albeit one than didn't pay off).

While every other actor is recast, Jor-El is still played by (archive voice footage + CGI of) Marlon Brando and there's a photo of Glen Ford as Jonathan Kent in the Kent farmhouse.

That's the way it's been in a lot of box sets of the franchise and why it's marketed as the Superman Anthology, 1978-2006. It's a bit like the complete Halloween collection. Even excluding the Rob Zombie reboot and its sequel, there's still 2 timelines in the original franchise...

Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween 4 The Return of Michael Myers, Halloween 5, Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers.

Or...

Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween H20 Twenty Years Later, Halloween: Resurrection.

Halloween III Season of the Witch doesn't fit either timeline as it acknowledges the first Halloween as a movie.

• Informative
Reactions: C.C. 95
I'm not a fan of the Donner cut for II, the forth movie was rubbish and I'm not really bothered about extra footage put back into a film after the theatrical release so the 3 missing discs won't bother me but if they're not lossless sound I'll stick with the Digipak.

Just received this from amazon. It is indeed a Jumbo Steelbook, but looks good. And for that price it is ok. Since I already have the 8-Disc Digi-Pack no need to open this.

newsteelbook9.jpg
Matte finish?

Looks good. Just too bad they had to put "5 movies collection" on the spine... but I MUCH prefer that than something written in German.

Does it really have that dark gray cast? The photos make it look bright and glossy. Amazon.it shipped my copy and it will replace the old DVD tin case, which has deteriorated over time and has a couple of dents. I'll have to find a place to keep the extra discs that were in that tin case but this'll be a nice upgrade.