Cancelled Swamp Thing (Season 1) [DC Universe]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
A live-action Swamp Thing series is coming to DC Universe from Aquaman director James Wan’s production company, Atomic Monster, and Warner Bros. Television. Wan will serve as an executive producer.

swamp-thing@2x_5aea189869ca60.96713908.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
It appears like the main reason is money. It cost them $80 mil to make. They thought they were going to get half of that back from North Carolina as a tax rebate. They only ended up getting 14 back and it was too expensive to get the quality they'd want for S2. That's what I've read on twitter anyway.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
It appears like the main reason is money. It cost them $80 mil to make. They thought they were going to get half of that back from North Carolina as a tax rebate. They only ended up getting 14 back and it was too expensive to get the quality they'd want for S2. That's what I've read on twitter anyway.
Literally just finished reading the same thing on Twitter. Understandable I guess, but money isn't everything when it comes to creating great entertainment... a great story and strong/interesting characters are IMO.

If this wasn't on DCU then maybe it wouldn't have gotten canceled. I don't think its been as big of a success as they had hoped. Not enough subscribers.
Maybe once WB comes out with their streaming service they will merge DCU into it and then shows like this might be able to work and it can support a budget like that.

If this wasn't on DCU then maybe it wouldn't have gotten canceled. I don't think its been as big of a success as they had hoped. Not enough subscribers.
Maybe once WB comes out with their streaming service they will merge DCU into it and then shows like this might be able to work and it can support a budget like that.

I just wonder how many streaming services there is a market for. If I was DC/WB I'd be looking to fill the Marvel shaped hole left on Netflix.

I just wonder how many streaming services there is a market for. If I was DC/WB I'd be looking to fill the Marvel shaped hole left on Netflix.
My thoughts exactly. Everyone's wanting to start their own streaming service nowadays, and there's only so many people are going to be willing to pay for... I'm already subscribed to Netflix and Prime, and I doubt I'd even have Prime if it weren't for the other benefits (next day shipping for example). Not only that, but there's only so much time in the day to watch stuff in between work etc., so the two I'm currently subbed to has more than enough content to keep me busy.

Wasn't this known when 13 part series was cut to 10 ?. Still Fu*k $ as being THE thing (!) what it comes to movies and tv-series.

this isridiculous!!! the trailer is better than most movies I have seen, so I was looking forward to see this show.

WTF :OMG: So this has been canceled :wow: The trailer to this looked brilliant(n)

WTF :OMG: So this has been canceled :wow: The trailer to this looked brilliant(n)
At least we'll get to see 10 episodes of Swamp Thing greatness when broadcast in the UK - just we now know too soon there isn't a second season if it's indeed great....
...all down to a financial error rebate understanding, situation is indeed WTF :wtf:

I agree with @howarmat it better have closure now :thumbs:

You still get at to watch the rest of this season atleast. I hope they just wrote the finale with a decent ending.
Yeah I'm hoping to, will be strange if they just leave it as it was before they decided to scrap it.
At least we'll get to see 10 episodes of Swamp Thing greatness when broadcast in the UK - just we now know too soon there isn't a second season if it's indeed great....
...all down to a financial error rebate understanding, situation is indeed WTF :wtf:

I agree with @howarmat it better have closure now :thumbs:
Seems a real shame on something that looked so promising.