PS3 System Software Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2009
Please use this thread for all console updates from now on.

Attachments

• sonyps3.jpg
    sonyps3.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 2,122
Last edited by a moderator:
Text chat.....that doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me. How is that any better than what we have now? I'm not gonna text chat in a game when I'm playing. And we have voice/video chat room already.

I'm waiting for cross game voice chat and recorded messages.

Text chat.....that doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me. How is that any better than what we have now? I'm not gonna text chat in a game when I'm playing. And we have voice/video chat room already.

I'm waiting for cross game voice chat and recorded messages.

we all are..lol

I just see this as an upgrade to what we already have, we are nearing 3.0 I hope they give us what we've all been waiting for!

Weird, it took 45 mins last night. I was trying to Join Zeus on KZ2 and then I start the game and bam! I get a message saying KZ2 needed an update so I was stuck there for another 5-8 minutes.

Rumor: New PS3 Firmware for E3, Includes Gamer Skill/Networth.

skills.jpg

Dutch/german website ps3spot.de had the opportunity for a short interview with Stefan Dettmering, PR manager of Sony in which he is asked about the upcoming firmware update and when is going to be available for PS3 owners, also asked about how well the PS3 is selling since it last launched last year and more.

It is possible that Sony is planning on including a gamer skills level in the next firware update for others to see and comapre to friends, based of percentages or levels. It will work by calculating how good you are at certain types of games.

Here is an example.

Sevr786(Gaming Skills)

Racing Skills……. 92%
Strategy Skills….. 80%
Sport Skills….. 0% (no data)
Intelligence (Puzzle Probably)…. 24%
Fighting Skills… 28%

Type of Gamer: DRIVEEER
Gamers Net Worth: £4,800,200
(All the above is based of loads of different things such as performance, trophies e.t.c i think. WELL I HOPE SO. I have like 500 trophies. Yeh am good ! Not)

Another tipster, calling himself “seven-biho” claims that he is a game developer . He claims that the above details is real and, to prove it, he left a picture in the forums..

*I think it looks photoshopped.*

That is photoshopped! look at the bottom left, the letters are fuzzy and since the picture is taken at an angle it looks right. Now look at the lettering in the middle :) all all nicely arranged and with nice colors lol it's not real!

That is photoshopped! look at the bottom left, the letters are fuzzy and since the picture is taken at an angle it looks right. Now look at the lettering in the middle :) all all nicely arranged and with nice colors lol it's not real!

Well the picture came after the rumor, so its still a rumor, but yeah the lines are wavy and non of the text is centered correctly plus its straight and the lines are diagonal..

I know the pic is fake, but is the rumor entirely?

trophies are gay & useless....because i have less that makes you better then me....hmmmm....Some useless virtual Token that some people spent 3 weeks of there on to get,where are my trophies for booting up the PS3?...wheres my trophies for picking up the controller...or even popping in the game..

unsignificant achievements,non-existing, non-achieving achievements. all you can do is brag, and brag is what youll only do if you just keep getting achievements.

What happened to the days when people played video games just because they were video games?

trophies are gay & useless....because i have less that makes you better then me....hmmmm....Some useless virtual Token that some people spent 3 weeks of there on to get,where are my trophies for booting up the PS3?...wheres my trophies for picking up the controller...or even popping in the game..

unsignificant achievements,non-existing, non-achieving achievements. all you can do is brag, and brag is what youll only do if you just keep getting achievements.

What happened to the days when people played video games just because they were video games?

Trophies were made to give people more out of their games instead of simply beating it, they accomplish every facet of the game.

Hello, I just wanted to provide everyone with a head’s up that the next PLAYSTATION 3 system software update (v.2.76) will be coming soon. This is a minor update that improves the playback quality of some PS3 format software.

Hello, I just wanted to provide everyone with a head’s up that the next PLAYSTATION 3 system software update (v.2.76) will be coming soon. This is a minor update that improves the playback quality of some PS3 format software.

My update seems to be taking forever, and then just keeps giving me an "error" message. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.