Talvisota aka Winterwar [Finland]

nefilim

BANNED
Premium Supporter
Mar 6, 2013
Finnish movie (pretty good one) about Winter War (Finland vs Soviet Union) to be released on blu-ray and 4K ! and with excellent extras !

talvisota_blu_ray.jpg

talvisota_blu_ray.jpg

correction : seems it has english subtitles !

for us Finnish speaking users :

Pekka Parikan kuudella Jussi-patsaalla palkittu talvisota upeana 4K-restauroituna versiona. Mukana muhkea 1½ tunnin paketti lisämateriaaleja.

Elokuva ihmisen kestokyvystä, siitä mitä kutsutaan "talvisodan ihmeeksi". Perustuu Antti Tuurin romaaniin. Kertomus seuraa kauhavalaisen miesryhmän toimintaa 105 päivää kestäneen sodan läpi. Tapahtumat esitetään yksittäisten sotilaiden kokemusten tasolla. Etusijalla on miesten karu velvollisuudentunto, joka piirtyy esiin koskettavina kuvana taustanaan sodan mekaanisen tappava koneisto ja helvetillisin ruhjova voima.
Lisämateriaaleina mukana on mm. Teuvo Mujon kuvaama dokumentti elokuvan filmauksista Keuruulla, tiivis historiapaketti talvisodasta, TK-kuvaajien arkistofilmiä sodan jälkeisiltä päiviltä sekä harvinainen värifilmi väestönsuojelutoiminnasta Helsingissä syksyllä 1939.

Kansallinen audiovisuaalinen instituutti on restauroinut elokuvan kauttaaltaan 4K-työnkulkuna. Lähtömateriaalina on käytetty elokuvan alkuperäisiä kameranegatiiveja, jotka takaavat huipputarkan alkuperäistä ilmettä vastaavaa kuvan laadun.

Lisämateriaali:

• Kirjailija Antti Tuurin puheenvuoro
  • Talvisota-elokuvan kuvaukset Keuruulla
  • Rekvisiitta ja sotakalusta
  • Talvisodan faktat
  • Väestönsuojelutoimintaa Helsingissä syksyllä 1939
  • Arkistokuvaa talvisodan päättymisen jälkeisiltä päiviltä
get in here :
@Hamill82 @Ranavalone @Paperinukke @Asopp

Last edited:
Well, it's always difficult to know for sure in advance, as subtitle specs are often inaccurate even on the info sheets (usually they specify less subtitle tracks than what is actually available on disc, though). But makes sense to have also English subs to reach a wider audience.

Will definitely be getting the Blu-ray for this film, don't even have the DVD :thumbs: Lots of interesting extras!

Reactions: nefilim
Well, it's always difficult to know for sure in advance, as subtitle specs are often inaccurate even on the info sheets (usually they specify less subtitle tracks than what is actually available on disc, though). But makes sense to have also English subs to reach a wider audience.

Will definitely be getting the Blu-ray for this film, don't even have the DVD :thumbs: Lots of interesting extras!

agree totally on both counts. for english speaking users extras include : not fluent in english so sorry for any mistakes.

• Kirjailija Antti Tuurin puheenvuoro - writer of the book which the movie is based on speaks
  • Talvisota-elokuvan kuvaukset Keuruulla - shooting the film in Keuruu (city in Finland)
  • Rekvisiitta ja sotakalusta - about props (guns, uniforms etc...)
  • Talvisodan faktat - facts of the winter war
  • Väestönsuojelutoimintaa Helsingissä syksyllä 1939 - civil defence in Helsinki (capitol of Finland) autumn 1939
  • Arkistokuvaa talvisodan päättymisen jälkeisiltä päiviltä - archive material from days after the winter war.
I hope the extras are subbed too. will get this release and keep you updated on specks and such !

I love that this is the long version 197 minutes.

Now lets have similar releases for both Tuntematon Sotilas versions (Unknown Soldier)

Reactions: Ranavalone
I think fan made trailer, english friendly - no dialogue at all, but contains spoilers.

Yeah I've been thinking about buying this, haven't seen it yet! Maybe I should have, but I have more than enough films to watch even without Finnish ones. As a history fan will need to see it though, seems like a quality release with nice extras. :thumbs:

Ok, @nefilm, I can usually make out what symbols mean on foreign movie boxes... I can probably figure out the fist with the lightning bolt...
But what the hell does the Spider/Tick symbol mean?!!!:rofl:
image.jpeg

Was reading up on this...and apparently (not unlike Das Boot) there is a 265 Min. Miniseries cut that was made.

Last edited:
Ok, @nefilm, I can usually make out what symbols mean on foreign movie boxes... I can probably figure out the fist with the lightning bolt...
But what the hell does the Spider/Tick symbol mean?!!!:rofl:
View attachment 225658

Was reading up on this...and apparently (not unlike Das Boot) there is a 265 Min. Miniseries cut that was made.

what you did not get it ? it means spiders in the movie.

:rofl:

truthfully it means disturbing (and so on) content in the film.
are you interested in getting this ? I could order two.

and yes there is miniseries, but do not see it getting this kind of release.

what you did not get it ? it means spiders in the movie.

:rofl:

truthfully it means disturbing (and so on) content in the film.
are you interested in getting this ? I could order two.

and yes there is miniseries, but do not see it getting this kind of release.
:LOL: Everybody has a different symbol for that! I love the Korean one that looks like "The Scream" painting by Mvnch!
Thanks for the offer- I may need to see the movie first (I have access).
Did you know there is another one from Amazon.de? (And a much better cover, Imo)
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B014U1IP7Y/?tag=hidefnin0d-21
image.jpeg

Last edited: